Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

First of all, this is my first Archos device and 'droid device ever and I really love it. Purchased it to replace my Sony Walkman nwz-a728 which was destroyed in a hilarious accident (hilarious now, but not so much when it happened). I won't go into details. Was going to replace with an S series walkman but the 32 was priced somewhere in the neighborhood of $10cdn more so I thought "Why not?". It's fantastic. I was also in the market for an ebook reader at the time but since it supports that I was also able to save some money.
tl;dr Shiny new gadget is fun.

Onto the post topic. I have a Sony dr-bt22 that I've been using for about a year with my PC+netbook and figured it would be good to get the 32 in on that. I encountered a few problems starting with connecting. Pairing was fairly easy but actually getting the device to a connected state is tricky - requires a lot of trial and error. After browsing these forums, I came to the conclusion it may have something to do with enabling phone (which is a little weird, but oh well). After it connects, I can just disable that to listen to music.
Next problem seems to concern range. I noticed some lag, skipping and dropping out and figured out it probably had something to do with range, which was never a problem for this set. This is kind of problematic since this would be in my pocket while I'm out and about. I DID suspect the headset initially but after testing on my PC, Netbook, and not-so-great phone the Samsung Link, I can be an entire room away from each device and still get a clear signal. The occasional head banging was also okay. I can only conclude it was the device itself and after testing max range is about 1ft depending on its orientation.
Just some additional details, I've updated to the latest firmware from the Archos site but other than installing a few apps I have not made drastic changes (ie. rooted, custom ROM, etc.).

I was wondering if any other 32 owners there have been experiencing the same thing or if I just got my hands on bad stock. I'm still very well within the period in which I can exchange the potentially faulty unit for a new one, but I figured I'd check it out with other owners just to be sure. Great community, btw.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi TheWanderingEye,
I am using Archos 70 and Insignia bluetooth headset that costs like 70 bucks when I bought it about 2 years ago. And the head set connects without any problem..and the headset spec says the max distance is 10 feet (I think..) and When I'm within that range at home, they work fine..! Only rarely in some orientation, the sound shutters, but most of the time, the bluetooth headset works well with my A70. Hmmm.. I don't think A32 and A70 use different bluetooth module, but not really sure..

MAYBE someone else with A32 has the same problem as yours...?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for your input. I really dig the A70's brushed metal look. Since the Xoom is priced at rape dollars I'm considering it for a tablet.

This bothers me because both of them being on my person is within the rated distance. I have considered trying out another pair and there was this Insignia set around the price you mentioned that caught my eye. It's possible the two units just don't jive too well with each other.

I guess I have to wait on other A32 owners :V