Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 727 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

WMTOANDROID wrote:
OTA update worked on my A70, however, it does require that you use the DC adapter to update.

Just realized that when I went to do the update. Darn, wonder if my car power adpater will work once I get in the car? I'm going to try it. I've been having a problem with it not recognizing all my songs on the SD card during the multimedia scan so I'm praying this fixes that. I will probably do a full format once its installed and all my apps are backed up with AppBrain.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Well, this update has broken WIFI for me. I never had issues now I'm getting data connectivity errors frequently. Performance is laggy on many apps, which ran much better. I'd recommend against upgrading at this point, especially since Archos doesn't have Adobe's certification for an "optimized" flash plug-in. I'm sorry that I upgraded. My suggestion to Archos--please test these (more than one employee, too) to check for new bugs that your revised code has introduced. Especially, since the company tends to ignore end user complaints about new bugs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

twekkel wrote:
OTA upgrade to 2.1.02 did not work on my Archos 70. Remains in boot logo screen after upgrade, resets itself over and over.

Reset/reformatted and did a rescue install via image transferred over usb. Still nogo.

Now I'm back to 2.0.71 :(

the same here...after i flashed 2.0.71 again all my settings and apps were back!!! it looks as if there never has been an update installed.....i think on some devices only the bootloader gets corrupted and nothing will be flashed in /data
after the failed update and reflashing 2.0.71 even my wifi passphrase was still there!!!

very strange thing!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

3 questions for those who have updated:

1. ext3 support - does that mean we can reformat the intenal storage as ext3?

2. Has the issue with files being deleted off the sd card been fixed?

3. Can you revert back to 2.0.71 from 2.1.02?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I still cant get PPTP to work:( Any help from someone who has would be very appreciated:)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

butterflygirl wrote:
3 questions for those who have updated:

1. ext3 support - does that mean we can reformat the intenal storage as ext3?

2. Has the issue with files being deleted off the sd card been fixed?

3. Can you revert back to 2.0.71 from 2.1.02?

Thanks!

1. Yes we can now format the internal storage as ext right from the device.
Settings > Repair & Formating > Mass storage file system format (all the way at the bottom) > then you can select FAT32 or EXT3

2. I just deleted all my .nomedia files, I haven't lost anything yet. If it does delete files I'll let you know.

3. Don't know, 2.1.02 seems more stable to me so I don't think I'll be trying.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

WMTOANDROID wrote:
I've just tried to see if this fix works as I was having the same issue with the messed up directional keys working on my RII mini bluetooth keyboard and it's working great now. No issues connecting either.

I hope you can find a solution to your bluetooth scanning issue.

Thanks.

Blast!

So it's just me then? I have a dodgy BT unit / script. In the beginning, tethering took ages, now it tethers in up to 5 attempts only. I was hoping the keyboard connect would improve with repetition too.

Sigh ...

Oh, @butterflygirl:

3 - see the post above yours (incl quote).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

sweetypie wrote:
WMTOANDROID wrote:
I've just tried to see if this fix works as I was having the same issue with the messed up directional keys working on my RII mini bluetooth keyboard and it's working great now. No issues connecting either.

I hope you can find a solution to your bluetooth scanning issue.

Thanks.

Blast!

So it's just me then? I have a dodgy BT unit / script. In the beginning, tethering took ages, now it tethers in up to 5 attempts only. I was hoping the keyboard connect would improve with repetition too.

Bluetooth tethering works without problems for me. Perhaps you are having BT issues. Have you tried resetting your device? I know it's a pain, but maybe something became corrupt along the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sweetypie wrote:

Oh, @butterflygirl:

3 - see the post above yours (incl quote).

Thanks. I wasn't sure from the posts if they ever got 2.1.02 installed successfully and then were able to revert back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:42 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

WMTOANDROID wrote:
Bluetooth tethering works without problems for me. Perhaps you are having BT issues. Have you tried resetting your device? I know it's a pain, but maybe something became corrupt along the way.

You know, I might just try that. When I bought it, the first thing I did was reformat the device and start from scratch. Froyo had just been issued so it was good timing. I've not changed the core settings since then.

I may just start over again.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:43 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

can someone test and confirm which flash player version is better now on this new firmware? (i mean the Droid X version or the market version)
and what happened to the flash certification ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

can someone please explain in the simplest wording possible what exactly does the swap do???? I hate to sound dumb, but does it give us more ram space, thus making the system run better? Can someone please explain this to me and others on this forum?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

mke73 wrote:
Well, this update has broken WIFI for me. I never had issues now I'm getting data connectivity errors frequently. Performance is laggy on many apps, which ran much better. I'd recommend against upgrading at this point, especially since Archos doesn't have Adobe's certification for an "optimized" flash plug-in. I'm sorry that I upgraded. My suggestion to Archos--please test these (more than one employee, too) to check for new bugs that your revised code has introduced. Especially, since the company tends to ignore end user complaints about new bugs.

So, even though most other posters seem happy and they've resolved many of the bugs that users have submitted, you discourage against updating and say the company is ignoring end users.
Did I get the right?

Last edited by elmerohueso on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:50 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

App Monster 0.7x FCs. New App Manager time - ES File Explorer to the rescue.

Allen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:05 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

elmerohuseo,

Yes, it's relevant to know when installation of new firmware results in major problems. I had no issue with WIFI and once I installed this update I couldn't use the standard browser or Dolphin HD without getting constant data connection errors (never got this before) that caused the browsers to crash. I had power save disabled on WIFI, too. Given that this was just released, I wouldn't rush to say it solves problems for many users. With respect to Archos' attitude about customer reports on bugs, it comes from personal experience. I reported a bug resulting from the introduction of the "Silent Mode" feature from the last firmware version and got a snippy reply from Archos that basically said too bad.

Butterflygirl, I reverted back to 2.0.7.1 after backing up my apps. I couldn't live with Internet access being broken. I'll never make the mistake of downloading a new firmware version on the first day.

As to why some people don't have performance issues and some do with new firmware, I'm beginning to wonder how many different Chinese factories Archos has under contract to build the gen8 tablets and how widely the hardware used by different factories may vary.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the update, good archos support of gen8 devices, but we need more space for apps!!! 264MB is a very little space

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

AllenPapapetrou wrote:
App Monster 0.7x FCs. New App Manager time - ES File Explorer to the rescue.

Allen

I've noticed that as well - first thing I did was backup and reset teh device - time to manually install it all again, lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Update is running perfect here on the 70, all updated and moving right along. Perm rooted at 1000/600 working after 5 reboots. Staying very cool. Its wonderful!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:23 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Market still working?

My 43 is still showing the over the air as not available so I'll give it a manual try when I get home since it looks like a few things have been fixed. Multimedia scanning when you get above about 2000 tracks has been a problem, no m3u support, and RTSP streams were not working from the browser like they do on several phones.

I'm a little foggy about backing up the current system and don't remember seeing a post about it, could someone point the way for me? I assume it needs a USB cable and a PC and to hold the down volume button when the power button is pressed, but after that I have no idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Update worked like a charm.

Two issues that existed in 2.0.71 and that are still not fixed:
- It fails to add facebook as an account in contacts
- Can't change the password for a corporate exchange account. Nothing happens when I click Account settings -> Server settings -> Incoming settings. It should open a dialog where I can change the password. This is rather annoying, since every time I change my corporate password I have to drop and re-create the exchange account.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 727 Next