Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Got it! Thanks Allen for the quick reponse.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Very useful guide! Thanks!

Also I think it would be valuable for newbie users to also install a home screen launcher like zeam, because the lag on the 101 home screen gets a bit annoying, and Zeam is a great way to load the pages faster!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm a total newbie and i'm going through the set-up tips.

When I clicked on the link to AppsLib build 58, it took me to a page with a bunch of text/code. As I'm not techy, is this what I was supposed to have reached? And...if so, what do I do with it? For now, I have just avoided updating AppsLib.

Thanks for these tips, though; they are so helpful!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:07 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha escargo,

Welcome to our forum :)

Right click, then Save Link as

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks, Allen.

I definitely appreciate the answer to a very basic question :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there, I have been trying to install DroidX Flash plugin on my 101 I downloaded file com.adobe.flashplayer-1.zip to my PC, copied it to my 101 but when I go to files ond try to open it all I get is unable to open file. Could you help me please.

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Jimmyp wrote:
Hi there, I have been trying to install DroidX Flash plugin on my 101 I downloaded file com.adobe.flashplayer-1.zip to my PC, copied it to my 101 but when I go to files ond try to open it all I get is unable to open file. Could you help me please.

Dave

Jimmy, did you rename the zip file to apk? Try it and you should be able to install.

Kuan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Allen,
Thanks for the detail and updated instructions to install market and firmware. =D> It went without a hitch for me and I'm a complete newbie to android & tablet.

Kuan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

To Kuan and all others who have thanked me up to now.

You're very welcome.

And thank you to all the Archos Fans who have helped me to bring these tips to you, including those at XDA-Developers =D>

Allen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks Allen, I changed from Zip to apk and it worked, you are doing a great job helping us newcomers to the Archos, once again thank you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:08 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Hello anyone

I'm Italian , after 6 moths of indecision between A5IT e A70IT , I bought A70 IT 250 GB.

I have a couple of newbie questions:

1) Is it normal that ,with all closed applications, the avaialble RAM is only around 90MB ?
2) I can't put a picture like wallpapaer . When I try to modify the animated wallpaper with a static picture, the system load always the same strange-acid yellow-picture
3) Why system open many applications without request ? When I go to close them massively I found much more applications than I opened !!!!!!
4) Is it possible that many appls have not CLOSE or QUIT button ?!?!?!!

thank you for the help !
Gi├▓

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ms07.guf - I only have a few more months experience than you. But as far closing apps if you press menu button when an
app is open it should give to an option to exit or quit the application. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ms07.guf wrote:
Hello anyone

I have a couple of newbie questions:

1) Is it normal that ,with all closed applications, the avaialble RAM is only around 90MB ?
2) I can't put a picture like wallpapaer . When I try to modify the animated wallpaper with a static picture, the system load always the same strange-acid yellow-picture
3) Why system open many applications without request ? When I go to close them massively I found much more applications than I opened !!!!!!
4) Is it possible that many appls have not CLOSE or QUIT button ?!?!?!!

1) Yes it's normal. Android will free up memory if you open an app that needs more.
2) This happened to me as well. A reboot fixed it.
3) Normal behavior for Android. It pre-loads apps so that they open faster when needed. Don't worry about it. Android will close some of these to free up memory when needed for an app you're actually using.
4) Generally you close an app in Android by hitting the Menu button or the Back button.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I haven't read all of these pages, just the first, and I need to thank you for this guide. Made things much easier for me to do the firmware update finally and to get back to working order quickly. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I registered just to thank Allen and all of you. I got my hands on my Archos 101 last monday and the first thing I did was open this thread and follow allmost all the instructions (I didn't install Market and google applications from gapplib, but from ArcTools instead).

And now Flash 10.2 is officialy on the Market!

Thanks all. =D>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Allen,
I'm a noob to the A101 and had been struggling with what was required--and in what order--to format a baseline to start from. So Thank You for your post!!

One question about the flash upgrade: I have noticed that Youtube videos look awful when seen in the standard browser but look great when running the Youtube app. Does this flash upgrade fix the poor performance of the standard Google browser? Do you recommend a different browser? I prefer Firefox on pc but I have no idea how well it works in a mobile version.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:01 am 
Archos User
Archos User

guy48065 wrote:
Allen,
I'm a noob to the A101 and had been struggling with what was required--and in what order--to format a baseline to start from. So Thank You for your post!!

One question about the flash upgrade: I have noticed that Youtube videos look awful when seen in the standard browser but look great when running the Youtube app. Does this flash upgrade fix the poor performance of the standard Google browser? Do you recommend a different browser? I prefer Firefox on pc but I have no idea how well it works in a mobile version.

Stick with the builtin browser if you can. Firefox is much much better than it was on Android, but it still has a ways to go in terms of performance. I think it's "usable", but that's just my unquantified opinion.

That said there's a lot of stuff that Firefox does that WebKit doesn't or just doesn't care about; an example I've seen include the correct rendering of some non-Roman character sets. So you might "need" Firefox, in which case it's nice that it's there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I don't understand the HUGE quality difference between the browser's rendering of the video & the Youtube app's display of the same video. Aren't they using the same plug-in (Flash 10.2 for me)? From my so-far-limited experience the problem lies with Youtube since other sites with flash video look pretty good. Is this discussed in another thread?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Allen,

Is this guide still correct for the latest FW 2.3.26?

I want to format my device and start the installation from scratch, so I was planning to follow your guide (as I did in the past).

It seems up-to date for most of the steps (at least for the initial/crucial ones). Please let me know if I am missing something

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'd greatly appreciate this info as well - I'm anxiously waiting for my 70it to arrive on Tue and want to have my geek homework done by the time it arrives : )

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next