Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: HELP!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have made it as far as the market fix and now I keep getting uncommanded reboots! HELP!

**NEVERMIND**

I completely powered off and restarted and all is fine now. Whew!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:44 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

anyone tried this on a 43? I can't see that it wouldn't work as only a few minor hardware changes from the 70 to the 43 are not really affected by all this from what I can tell. If not I will test it since I found a A43IT 8GB for a steal of a price and should have it in a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Have you problems with new the update? Will not install new firmware, and get caught reboot all the the time? Cant get out of recovery mode?

Then give this a try.

First clear all your old firmware downloads on PC you have downloaded earlyer.There should only bee one (new) file called: firmware_archos_android_gen8.aos

You shall also remember to remove the SD card -

and first then are you ready to make a update with the new file.

I have been scared as hell in hours :evil:, but first when I used those easy tricks it get me back on the track again :-)

Hope this make sense for someone

Last edited by Bulgarien on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:48 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Bulgarien wrote:
First clear all your old firmware downloads on PC you have downloaded earlyer. There should only bee one (new) file called: firmware_archos_android_gen8.aos
Hope this make sense for someone

I liked your advice except for the FW DL.

I Absolutely DO NOT Recommend this [-X

I recommend:
1. Create a folder on your PC: root:Archos/Gen8/FW/
2. Create separate folders in the ..FW/ folder for each Firmware version:
-- ..FW/2.0.71/
-- ..FW/2.1.04/
3. In each FW folder DL two items:
    1. firmware_archos_android_gen8.aos for that version
    2. The Archos web page for the Firmware Changes for that version

With my recommendation you can easily back off to a prior FW version assuming that Archos allows it.

With your recommendation you cannot back off to a prior FW version.

Allen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks Allen

Your right. It is so much better to make a folders with downloads. Only the SD card trick make sense now before a update...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Mod Edit: Removed long quoted post...Allen

Hi Allen,
I am not sure if I have installed the flash plugin on my Archos or not. I tried to use the link in the instructions, but got a bunch of hieroglyphics. I downloaded flash from the market instead, but I am not sure if this is the same thing. Please confirm. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:39 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Did you really have to quote that entire post? Or any of it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tincal63 wrote:
Mod Edit: Removed long quoted post...Allen

Hi Allen,
I am not sure if I have installed the flash plugin on my Archos or not. I tried to use the link in the instructions, but got a bunch of hieroglyphics. I downloaded flash from the market instead, but I am not sure if this is the same thing. Please confirm. Thanks.

Nope, it is not the sane thing. It sounds like you opened the link to a new web page. You should have downloaded the file from the link: For Windows via a right click then Save Link As...

By Downloading it to your TraPC you have a backup copy for future reference and/or reinstall. I have three version of the Flash plugin backed up on my TraPC.

I forget the version of Flash on the Market. Some have reported it working well for them. At this time I prefer the Droid X version of my link.

Allen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks Allen, I get it. Also, sorry about that quoting thing. It was my first time posting, so didn't realize that I could post without quoting... newbie mistake... (sorry sweetypie)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tincal63 wrote:
Thanks Allen, I get it. Also, sorry about that quoting thing. It was my first time posting, so didn't realize that I could post without quoting... newbie mistake... (sorry sweetypie)

=D> :D

I think I'll change my namr to Grump.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:21 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

sweetypie wrote:

I think I'll change my namr to Grump.

You said it not me........... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

A quick note about AppsLib & Market...just my experience on my A70...

I recently formated my archos and reverted to 2.0.71 (for reason i will get into when I finish troubleshooting)
after I ran the setup wizard, i opened Appslib and updated. I dowloaded apps fine with AppsLib.

I then installed the Market gAppsinstaller v5....performed the market fix, I could see the apps but could not download..download would start but stop within a few seconds....

i performed the market fix numerous time, same result. I tried other market install options...same result....

I suggest the Market be installed and working before anyone updates Appslib...this is what worked for me....

Last edited by fuzzer on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha fuzzer,

Thanks for the tip. Actually for new owners AppsLib should not require updating so there will be no updating of the AppsLib so there won't be a "before".

Allen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:32 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

fuzzer wrote:
A quick note about AppsLib & Market...just my experience on my A70...

I recently formatted my archos and reverted to 2.0.71 (for reason i will get into when I finish troubleshooting)
after I ran the setup wizard, i opened Appslib and updated. I downloaded apps fine with AppsLib.

I then installed the Market gAppsinstaller v5....performed the market fix, I could see the apps but could not download..download would start but stop within a few seconds....

i performed the market fix numerous time, same result. I tried other market install options...same result....

I suggest the Market be installed and working before anyone updates Appslib...this is what worked for me....

That is not the reason I found. When coming from 2.1.03/04 one of the partitions is formatted as swap when you go back to 2.0.71 that same partition is used as the cache but for some reason a simple format did not reformat that partition. a Full reset is needed and the firmware must be installed via the recovery.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

When I say format, i entered recovery mode, chose "Format System: Formats the internal memory. All data (music, photos, videos, etc.), applications and settings are erased."

had to download the 2.0.71 firmware, copy via usb to the A70 and let it reinstall...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would suggest after Step 2 and before Step 3 to do a "Reset Android" so you can increase the swap to 64MB. It won't make your Archos run faster, but it will sure make it run smoother, reducing lag between applications. There is an interesting disccusion here: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=47223

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If you install from the Update message on your A101 you might not find the firmware update file. I save each firmware update in its own folder on my tPC along with the FW Change Log

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I can not thank you enough for this introduction to the 101. You are a good person.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Real newbie question - where is the update to FROYO in your initial post for initial setup?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

When you update the FW it will be Froyo.

Allen

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next