Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Is there somebody kind out there who can help me with my archos problem.
Spotify connection just goes blue-green-blue-green... (off-on-off-on)

Have tried everything! Firmware upgraded to 2.0.71
Connected to wifi with wep psk security, connected to wifi without security and tethering via iPhone - All resulting exactly the same!
Even tried lower channels on my wifi.. After start I can play 10 sec of a song, then it goes offline.
Installed som kind of Wifi Fixer from Market with no result.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mikey.

Also, some info when real flash support will be released?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:09 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Not sure why you only talk about Spotify? How about your Wifi connection in general? Does it drop connections while browsing, or in other uses?

I don't have an A101 yet, but Spotify works perfectly on my A5IT. When I play Spotify with the A5IT plugged into the mains I use the Waketimer app to prevent the "powersave" from kiccking in when the display goes off, dropping the connection.

By the way, do you have the latest version of Spotify? I wrote to the Spotify people, asking them to offer a landscape display, instead of the fixed portrair display, now that Android is running on tablets like the Archos, which have the kickstand set in landscape mode. They agreed it would be a good idea, and I notice they've implemented landscape mode in the latest version.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Only talking about spotify since that is what I'm having problem with.. Downloaded Spotify from Market yesterday, latest I don't know?!?
Connection to Market, download from Internet and so on, seems to be working.. Not that I have noticed any drops like I do in Spotify.

Somebody with a Archos 101 who can give some hints? Maybe general wifi problem then? Which should have been fixed with latest firmware??

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same problem, the wifi work right but spotify are all time offline.
I uninstall and reinstall spotify form market in the last firmware and now work right.

MikeyOfSweden wrote:
Only talking about spotify since that is what I'm having problem with.. Downloaded Spotify from Market yesterday, latest I don't know?!?
Connection to Market, download from Internet and so on, seems to be working.. Not that I have noticed any drops like I do in Spotify.

Somebody with a Archos 101 who can give some hints? Maybe general wifi problem then? Which should have been fixed with latest firmware??

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:17 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I have the exact same problem. I did delete the directory spotify2 and after that it worked but only for a short while. Same problem is back now. I have no problem on my htc desire so I think this is a bug in the 101.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

uninstall and reinstall of spotify did not work..
Aargh.. :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:24 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Delete the above stated dir and it will work. For a few days....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

will try that, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

With the dir deleted it did work for a day, enough to get some offline playlists.. still, this is a huge problem, for me!
Any other ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:12 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Same problem for me. I have raised a question with Spotify even thou I think the problem lies with the 101. Must be a compability issue or something. Really annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same problem here. The 101 doesn't seem to like spotify very much. I actually got i working the other day after having reinstalled. But the day after it went back to having the same issues. If anyone finds a solution please inform about it in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:05 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Spotify just told me that they dont support their software on the Archos platform so I guess our hopes now are with Archos to address this issue.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:24 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I don't know what version you're using. In case you're using an older version, this is version 0.4.08 (40080)

http://depositfiles.com/files/f47jwzsko

Try it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:46 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

sweetypie wrote:
I don't know what version you're using. In case you're using an older version, this is version 0.4.08 (40080)

http://depositfiles.com/files/f47jwzsko

Try it?

That's what I got.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:11 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Ok, it was just a thought. So when you open Spotify, it opens in landscape mode? The previous version only had portrait mode (for phones).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:58 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

sweetypie wrote:
Ok, it was just a thought. So when you open Spotify, it opens in landscape mode? The previous version only had portrait mode (for phones).

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:23 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

My SR (Swedish national Radio) app does not work anymore, thus I suspect that Archos have done something with the way it handles RTSP since both SR and Spotify uses that. I have excluded my FW by trying to get the SR app working while WiFi tether from my HTC Desire which thus do not work.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

gooner wrote:
My SR (Swedish national Radio) app does not work anymore, thus I suspect that Archos have done something with the way it handles RTSP since both SR and Spotify uses that. I have excluded my FW by trying to get the SR app working while WiFi tether from my HTC Desire which thus do not work.

In other words: time for another update of some sort. Archos must make Spotify available to their (101/70-)customers. It would be very strange otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 am 
Archos User
Archos User

drinkluder wrote:
gooner wrote:

In other words: time for another update of some sort. Archos must make Spotify available to their (101/70-)customers. It would be very strange otherwise.

Unfortunately Spotify isnt as big for the french as it is for us swedes but hopefully they will look into it. Before the update I used the Swedish Radio app and Spotify for hour every day and its one of the reasons I bought the plate in the first time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:47 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

There is more ppl having probs with RTSP: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=43904&p=300948#p300948