Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 621 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:17 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Huge thanks to our benefactor for making this APK so quickly.

It all worked great on my A70, and I was able to get back to where I had been before with a minimum of stress.

FWIW, I have Flash working fine in Dolphin Browser HD. I have it set to only execute on demand. It runs well, just like on 2.2 phones. I hate Flash and You Tube, bust some bad web coders/architects out there make them a necessity. I fully support and anticipate HTML5 video.

=D>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

billybill wrote:
Thanks Archos for making another market hack.

why do you people assume archos did this?

christ, it's not that hard to understand the technology. all the apk does is copy the proper versions of the files to a hidden directory on your IT.
you can do it through terminal emulator, which is what those of us who didn't want to wait for another g4archos apk to come out.

all you had to do was get Vending.apk and a few other files from a phone running 2.2 into the hidden app folder on your archos.

the fact is it works on other devices. reverse engineering is always possible and mostly easy. there is no reason at all to assume archos had anything to do with a market hack. android is made to have it by default, they took it out. maybe they could have gone to extra measures to prevent people from reinstalling it - but they surely didn't have to go so far as to give people a way to put it on.

i can see how it could make sense, and help sales - but the percentage of people that know about appslib vs market, the percentage of those that care, and then the percentage of those that would be willing to use an apk they found on a forum site is small, and that is not a huge selling point.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've been able to install just about any app by using Astro to back up the applications on my nexus, connecting nexus to computer and transferring /backups/apps to thumbdrive, plugging thumb into archos and installing right from there.

just did it with where, and some other apps, but youtube gave an error and swype beta force closes after install(expected).

For most apps, it's pretty effective and quick. Once apps are installed, I find they show up in the market.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Weird, even though youtube failed, it showed up in launcher pro list and then the update shows up in market.

also youtube works through browser.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:41 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Please remember, not all of the apps you had that worked in 1.6/2.1 will work in Froyo 2.2!!

That said, with a Market install for Froyo 2.2, the apps that do not fulfill this format will no longer show as downloadble (is that a word?)

If you can no longer see your FAV app in 2.2 Market, email the author, don't moan to Archos!!!

Enjoy! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:52 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Problem is that some of those apps do support froyo but are missing from the market. Like I can't find google maps on my google market.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:59 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

digibucc wrote:
billybill wrote:
Thanks Archos for making another market hack.

why do you people assume archos did this?

Plus if Archos made it, don't you think they would have fixed the Google Calendar issue by now? It still shows the blurred "EVO" at the top of the app.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I would recommend, (as Charbax has said) a full clean install, don't even save previous apps unless paid ones.

Once done, clear all user files and cache (I know this is supposed to reformat but HEY!!)

THEN do the market install, then play to you hearts content.. :D :D :D

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sylph wrote:
Hm nanders, did you install flash and copied the other folders that doesn't contain apk files? maybe those mattered too. I pretty much used the market.rar file, cleared it to only the necessary files and replaced the vending file. I then went to the link someone gave that had a 10/10/2010 gapps file for htc or something, and copied the lib/etc folders as well. I installed flash, and some other dozens of apps, and youtube from google market. It works smoothly for me.

I used the adb method, though either of the other two methods should work the same way.

ps: There's a possibility that I may have replaced a couple files from market.rar with the files from 10/10/2010 gapps file too if they're outdated.

edit: as reference, my working youtube version is 2.0.26. code 2026. package name com.google.android.youtube.

I took the market.rar pretty much as is. Only change is that I stripped out the apps I didn't want (Facebook, Twitter, 3 HTC specific files).

Just had a look at gapps4archos2, and there are no apps in that file that I haven't installed. Except SetupWizard.apk, but that can hardly be causing this.

Also my youtube is 2.0.26 (couldn't find the code?)

Also is it possible to check the version of an apk? (I know that it is basically a zip file, but where within that file is the version no of the app?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I did all tht the market works but not my youtube dont understand why

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

i reinit the 10.1
install the firmware
copy the apk
install the apk
and just "remove application"

have you a solution ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:35 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

nanders wrote:
Sylph wrote:
Hm nanders, did you install flash and copied the other folders that doesn't contain apk files? maybe those mattered too. I pretty much used the market.rar file, cleared it to only the necessary files and replaced the vending file. I then went to the link someone gave that had a 10/10/2010 gapps file for htc or something, and copied the lib/etc folders as well. I installed flash, and some other dozens of apps, and youtube from google market. It works smoothly for me.

I used the adb method, though either of the other two methods should work the same way.

ps: There's a possibility that I may have replaced a couple files from market.rar with the files from 10/10/2010 gapps file too if they're outdated.

edit: as reference, my working youtube version is 2.0.26. code 2026. package name com.google.android.youtube.

I took the market.rar pretty much as is. Only change is that I stripped out the apps I didn't want (Facebook, Twitter, 3 HTC specific files).

Just had a look at gapps4archos2, and there are no apps in that file that I haven't installed. Except SetupWizard.apk, but that can hardly be causing this.

Also my youtube is 2.0.26 (couldn't find the code?)

Also is it possible to check the version of an apk? (I know that it is basically a zip file, but where within that file is the version no of the app?)

The code don't matter but seems you have the same youtube version. Checking apk files can be done through using the command "apk dump badging filename.apk".

I don't use anything from the current gapps4archos2. I was using the gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed someone else linked in one of the two methods.

Hm, try reinstalling youtube, or maybe removing youtube.apk and app completely from the device and just installing clean from the market?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi

I have some problems, also reported earlier. Market working just fine, but some apps is missing in market.

Launcher Pro
Swiftkey

Since these apps clearly works on froyo (i run them on my phone), froyo can't be the problem.
Hope there will be an updated apk that solves this, because something is wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Launcher pro hosts the apk on their web page, I had to get it from there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:03 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

The apps that I'm missing on market are Official XBMC Remote, LauncherPro and Google Maps. They were there on 2.1 (and they are available on my 2.2 phone).

Missing on both 2.1 and 2.2 is the Android Central news app.

And no, Farsquidge, clean install has nothing to do with it (I did that first thing after updating to 2.2 and I've even reinitialized it once since then). I believe it's the market app and/or build.prop file that needs some fixing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sylph wrote:
Hm, try reinstalling youtube, or maybe removing youtube.apk and app completely from the device and just installing clean from the market?

Found the "solution". http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/y ... 8d0&hltp=2

It is a bug in the youtube app version 2.0.26. And I have confirmed that switching my locale to en_US fixes the problem.

Hope they will release a fix soon.

PS! Just checked my HTC Desire 2.2 device, and it has the same problem.
I guess I do not use the youtube app that often ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Looking at the bare minimal market pack for GTablet, I pulled and installed Froyo FRG22D based gapps files for my phone's ROM gapps package (Sapphire GAPPS). With these installed, I get the same results. The issue more than likely lies with build.prop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:40 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

This APK does more than the market.rar. It also includes the needed libraries and frameworks that were missing from the market.rar. It also only includes the files that are actually symlinked from /system/app to /data/test/froyo/system/app. The market.rar looks to have been a zipped up cyanogen google apps package without the libraries and frameworks. That's why a lot of people that did the market.rar are getting lockups and FC's. Plus you'll notice the voice search and google maps are broken with the market.rar approach. This apk fixes all that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Small write up with download links and instructions below.
http://androidcircuit.com/index.php/2010/12/archos-gen8-tablets-get-android-market-hack-for-recent-froyo-2-2-update/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:21 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

cant download lookout mobile security

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 621 Next