Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 6:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1221 Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

AndroidCircuit wrote:
Market stopped working all together, force close/no data connection.

SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS TO REPACK THE GAPPS4ARCHOS2.APK FILE WITH APPLICATIONS THAT WORK CORRECTLY WITHOUT GRAPHICAL/FC ISSUES! I APPRECIATE IT AND THANK WHOEVER IS WORKING ON THIS ALREADY!

Your request would likely go further if you posed it in the form of a request instead of a demand. =)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It now works for me so far that i can run market without any FC, and i found apps that i didn┬┤t before, but i still can┬┤t find Flash Player though. The graphical issue is also there (but no big deal for me). I couldn┬┤t have done it without all your help in this thread, thanks. But still, i hope someone is working on a new apk that will put it all together to a fully working package for us to install.

Many Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:50 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

is 2.2 faster on Archos?

why are you guys upgrading? just for flash?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

dljor wrote:
is 2.2 faster on Archos?

That's what I was hoping. 2.2 made a HUGE difference on my DroidX.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

New gApps4Archos2.apk for test

Put some apk from market.rar (from old way to have market) on gApps4Archos2.apk, this was done with apktool (extract and rebuild)
apk signed with autosign and then I use zipalign

Link : http://www.zshare.net/download/83414588ef03b64b/

Please report if working

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I found 2.2 to be significantly faster, and more stable, but only after a hard reset and fresh install. What I did to get all my apps in easliy was to use AppBrain, go to their web site and copy all the apps in the Archos 101 list to a new list, reformat and install the Archos, install the google apps apk, copy all the apps from the second list on appbrain to the new Archos (it treats it as a new device) and then install from appbrain. I had to do the google framework and market clear data and force close from the settings->applications to get Market to work (and some apps still dont' show).

Also, I really dig the voice entry and voice search that 2.2 has. It's much more valuable to me than flash. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Spanish, what is the advantage of the new APK? Do you think it would be worth installing over the older one?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I think it's better to remove the previous one before, i have put apk from market.rar and youtube too, so youtube must be ok, but I can't test this because I'm under eclair for the moment, waiting for the next firmware less buggy I hope

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

spanish wrote:

Put some apk from market.rar (from old way to have market) on gApps4Archos2.apk, this was done with apktool (extract and rebuild)

Please report if working

this one is a full gapps4archos2.apk with switched apps (gmail and you tube), i already downloaded it

can someone with a fresh froyo-installation PLEASE test this one (i will definitely check it out myself, but i wont find time for another swipe till tomorrow evening, dl is a bit slow but works)

tell this guy f it works or not, and with a bit of luck he'll cook us up a gapps4archos2.apk with all apps working and up-to-date-version, didnt you guys request this???

thanks spanish, this really looks good!

im off, bye guys!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:14 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

xilience wrote:
AndroidCircuit wrote:
Market stopped working all together, force close/no data connection.

SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS TO REPACK THE GAPPS4ARCHOS2.APK FILE WITH APPLICATIONS THAT WORK CORRECTLY WITHOUT GRAPHICAL/FC ISSUES! I APPRECIATE IT AND THANK WHOEVER IS WORKING ON THIS ALREADY!

Your request would likely go further if you posed it in the form of a request instead of a demand. =)

I find the words request and demand in the same category, in my field of work, they mean the exact thing, plus i thanked :) you're all my buddies :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

spanish wrote:

This is exactly what I was trying to do, but I did not know the new apk needed to be signed and aligned. I've done some reading on it since and have definitely learned something - thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

http://files.ccroms.net/download.php?q= ... update.zip <- this set of APKs work nicely on my android tablet. No issues updating Youtube or Gmail after doing the market fix.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

spanish wrote:

Please report if working

I did a full reset on my Archos 32, and when I try to install your package by pressing Install Google applications it says Install failed.

Looks like some more works needs to be done on it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Tsusai wrote:
http://files.ccroms.net/download.php?q=sapphire/froyo/1.1.1/release/sapphire-1.1.1-gapps-update.zip <- this set of APKs work nicely on my android tablet. No issues updating Youtube or Gmail after doing the market fix.

There is a bunch of folders in this zip. Do i have to put all files in system folder from zip in my /data/test/froyo/system? Or just the apk:s in the app folder to my /data/test/froyo/system/app folder?

And how about the missing apps with this way?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i have tried downloading the different files but when i go to my files folder and click on it it keeps telling my "Parsing error" any ideas on how to fix this or what i am doing wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

JeG wrote:
do you have some examples for such protected apps that do not show up in your market?

i cant find the following:

- Doom Live Wallpaper (beta)
- flash 10.1 by adobe
- Nexus Revamped Live Wallpaper

besides those i didnt mention anything missing

That's odd. I don't know about the other two but Adobe Flash 10.1 was in the A70 market for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

JeG wrote:
just installed app monster on my milestone to cross-check (thanks for the hint):

App List --> not showing on archos
Spark --> available on archos
ASTRO Pro --> not showing on archos

all three are marked "protected" in app monster

so... still no pattern in markets behavior of showing an app or not...

I thought we had something. Oh well... I'll keep searching

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

spanish wrote:

Please report if working

Parsing Error!

Please keep trying. I am holding off on installing market because I want the updated versions of the apk's in one installer, and you and e4archos seem to be the only ones trying to accomplish this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

+1 on the parsing error any fixs out there?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm at work so I cannot test. Are you loading it from internal memory or through the browser on the Archos. Caus I think the parsing error happens when you download it via the browser. It doesn't download the whole file. Download it from a PC then copy it over to the Archos. See if that Works. Mine is running slow as crap. I will be doing the recovery install the minute I get home.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1221 Next