Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 7:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sometimes I have issues loading web pages, just keeps giving me unavailable. After restarting the Archos 32 it starts to work fine again. There is also the problem of wifi turning off after screen powers off even during an active transfer over the network.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:44 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

jindra wrote:
Sometimes I have issues loading web pages, just keeps giving me unavailable. After restarting the Archos 32 it starts to work fine again. There is also the problem of wifi turning off after screen powers off even during an active transfer over the network.

I have the same issue with Wifi shutting down. I use the Power Manager widget and turning it off then back on usually fixes it. Some in the forum suggested disabling power save when you create your wifi connection.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I am unable to get rtsp video streaming to work. streaming from vlc works fine on other devices, but alway gets a "media server error" on the stock video player. when I try to play it with vlc stream & Convert it appears to not have access to the hardware video codecs and will play only extreamly low bitrate videos.

Archos 101 8gb
USA

RTSP is the about the only viable way to stream anything live to android, it is very dissapointing that we can't do this with the archos.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 am 
Archos User
Archos User

The biggest problem i can find is the very very very very unusalbe implementation of SMB. usernames ar fixed format of pcname/<typedusername> When using domain's it simply does not work (when entering a /,\ or @ in the username, DONT FORMAT!!!) and you have to change the username in the stored settings. So far not that much of a problem BUT when opening a share the app crashes (FM, video and music app). The absolute biggest bug is that the settings now also crash!!! You can't edit / remove stored credentials and the whole SMB is broken. And i bought the archos because it has SMB where most brands don't implement kernel SMB.... If this is not fixed in 2.2 then i will return the archos, it simply fails to it specs.

Besides the SMB everything works very nice :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Froyo is out: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=41936