Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 7:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

you can change this behaviour for every wifi network in the wifi settings tab or at creation time of it - so it's a feature!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:28 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

N23 wrote:
you can change this behaviour for every wifi network in the wifi settings tab or at creation time of it - so it's a feature!

Can you tell where to go to change this? I have been to the settings tab and their isnt an option to change it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:33 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

manormortal wrote:
isnt that part of the power saving feature for wifi?

But the problem is if you are on Voip and you are signed in, once the screen goes off, you lose your connection and you will not be able to receive any incoming call or messeginf etc. Plus I pointed out that if i was exploring the network just before the screen goes off, I will have to switch wifi off and on again in other to be connected to the network again..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Dejavus wrote:
N23 wrote:

Can you tell where to go to change this? I have been to the settings tab and their isnt an option to change it.

when you first connect to a network and enter the password there is a option to disable powersave, i think this should stop the wifi from disconnecting when the screen is off

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yes, and in the wifi settings you can change this setting for every wifi-network...

but i experienced yesterday that an app held the wifi connection open even if the table(t) was in standby...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:12 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

This is where you guys should be able to benefit from development in the A5IT forum. A guy there developed an app called Waketimer, based on original work by another guy who developed the Wakelocker app.

Waketimer is available on the Market, if you've installed the hack. Or by searching the A5IT forum for Waketimer.

It allows you to control the screen and the CPU independently.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Viewing Japanese subtitles

D00b has been helping me work out how to view Japanese subtitles on the Archos 70 IT.

.SMI is the only subtitle type that supports UTF-8 encoding?

.SSA/SRT use copepage-932? (without these, the kanji/japanese will not show?)

Either support for UTF-8 on all subtitle types or a program available to easily convert SRT subs to copepage-932 (same as windows-932?) would be a life-saver for me and my Japanese studies!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:07 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Kindle screen is cut off on right side (where home button, etc are located) when in landscape mode. A fullscreen option like on the A5IT would be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:13 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

If you install Last.fm it messes up the internal music app. You wont be able to listen to any onboard music till you uninstall Last.fm and reboot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

1. When a bluetooth keyboard is connected the system shuts off after about 10 minutes of usage and reboots.

2. When streaming video from a remote NAS, connected to a tv via hdmi and streaming the audio via bluetooth to speakers, the video and audio are very choppy. if the device was not meant to be used with all of its features at their full potential then a caution warning should be thrown stating that the device cannot handle it or at least we should've been warned.

3. The back, settings, home and search bar buttons constantly overlay on top of what ever the screen is showing. This could be a problem with the apps being used not dev correctly or simply a design flaw of archos by making the buttons soft buttons instead of hard buttons.

4. When connected to a tv via hdmi them performance of the device is very slow.

I'll report more bug as I find them.

I'm still very happy with my purchase after a full week of hard use. Here is hoping that all these bugs get iron ed out with the froyo release.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

connectbot hangs shortly after connecting to ssh servers. tested on the A70 1.0.84 with versions of connectbot known to work on other android devices.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:07 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Reported by others:
Google Calendar doesn't work properly
Camera on 43 cannot scan barcodes
soft buttons inhibit other apps working properly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

butterflygirl wrote:
Kindle screen is cut off on right side (where home button, etc are located) when in landscape mode. A fullscreen option like on the A5IT would be nice.

This is very true. In the Aldiko app when reading a book in portrait mode the last sentences of every page is cut of. The same is true for landscape, but there the right of the screen is cut of (where the android-buttons are located)! This causes a problem in LauncherPro as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:26 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

str4nger wrote:
butterflygirl wrote:

This is very true. In the Aldiko app when reading a book in portrait mode the last sentences of every page is cut of. The same is true for landscape, but there the right of the screen is cut of (where the android-buttons are located)! This causes a problem in LauncherPro as well.

I really wish they had just gone with hardware buttons. Then they would've had none of these issues. Whoever thought that software based buttons would be acceptable is an idiot!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

The camera takes reversed images. I know someone out there is going to say "It's not reversed, it just seems like that because that's how the world sees you" (which was my first thought), but you can test this by holding up a piece of paper (or anything) with text and take a picture of it, and the resulting image will be reversed. Now, I can't speak for others, but that's sure not how I see the world.
Kind of renders the camera useless for barcode scanning or taking pictures of anything with text.
I really hope Archos can fix this with software.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:51 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

str4nger wrote:
butterflygirl wrote:

The Aldiko app that is in Appslib is designed for Archos tablets and does not have this problem (at least that worked for me with the 7HT). Its a shame that Kindle wont work well...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

pmarin wrote:
str4nger wrote:
butterflygirl wrote:

The Aldiko app that is in Appslib is designed for Archos tablets and does not have this problem (at least that worked for me with the 7HT). Its a shame that Kindle wont work well...

aldiko in appslib is fixed for portrait, and kinda fixed for landscape. landscape on both versions seems to move where it considers the edge of the page to be over a bit on each page, eventually showing half of the one page and half of the next.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:06 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

My Archos 70 seems to have a BUG: after charging for 14 hours the green led does not blink to show that the battery is fully charged.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:23 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bbm wrote:
My Archos 70 seems to have a BUG: after charging for 14 hours the green led does not blink to show that the battery is fully charged.

Sounds like an issue with your own device, not a firmware bug.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:39 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Several reports (including myself) of the 70 crashing when trying to connect to SMB shares on Win7 x64.