It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: New firmware 1.0.70
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

GEN 8: FIRMWARE 1.0.70

* Video: improved HD playback performance
* Video: improve MKV support (header compression)
* Video: support MPEG1 in MKV
* Video: improved lip sync
* Music: solve some MP3 tags displayed not correctly
* Camera: improve compatibility with fring video calls
* Photoframe: allow to play photos from a SD card or through USB host
* Photoframe: fixed menu cleared and redrawn when opened quickly after launching the application
* File manager: new multi selection mode
* Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: fix some reconnection issues after suspend
* Bluetooth: OBEX file transfer has been fixed
* Accessories: support more keyboards/mice in USB host mode
* Display: allow touchscreen calibration under settings/repairtools for A101/A70
* Battery: improved battery percentage report
* A28: increase UI reactivity
* Keyguard: fix unlock pattern with landscape device at boot

Post subject: Re: New firmware 1.0.70
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:38 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

cajl wrote:
GEN 8: FIRMWARE 1.0.70

* Video: improved HD playback performance
* Video: improve MKV support (header compression)
* Video: support MPEG1 in MKV
* Video: improved lip sync

Have you applied this new firmware and if so have you noticed these video improvements?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

yes ....
it is good

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awesome, using this in upcoming video tests now.

I tried Skype on 1.0.59, it works but it's low volume for some reason, will check on this new firmware if that is fixed.

I also bought a Bluetooth headphones/headset/remote controller thing, I will test if this works awesomely.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just curious, what's the bluetooth device you're using?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

m-p{3} wrote:

Media-tech MT3534, I am looking for the best possible such type of device. I'll setup a new Gen8 Accessories forum section so we can discuss about all the best accessories to use.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:

I tried Skype on 1.0.59, it works but it's low volume for some reason, will check on this new firmware if that is fixed.

I also bought a Bluetooth headphones/headset/remote controller thing, I will test if this works awesomely.

Still waiting for those video tests... :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kramer28 wrote:
Charbax wrote:

My new video showcasing Google Marketplace, Bluetooth speakers, Skype, MKV 720p 5300kbit/s [email protected] with DTS audio and some 3D games is uploading right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
m-p{3} wrote:

Media-tech MT3534, I am looking for the best possible such type of device. I'll setup a new Gen8 Accessories forum section so we can discuss about all the best accessories to use.

http://multimedia.agito.pl/image/700x70 ... 7011.2.jpg

http://www.erwincomputers.com/er88.html

Only decent blue tooth earphones I've ever heard of.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:43 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
kramer28 wrote:
Charbax wrote:

My new video showcasing Google Marketplace, Bluetooth speakers, Skype, MKV 720p 5300kbit/s [email protected] with DTS audio and some 3D games is uploading right now.

I noticed in your video that when you showed the HD video list on the player it had a list of at least 3 files pertaining to the flick Inglorious Bastards. Is that because of the player's built in splitter feature for files that are above 4gb? If that's the case are all videos higher than 4gb going to appear like this in our video folder on the player (meaning a video with the same title a number of times such as in your video)?

It is VERY encouraging that it can handle this high bit rate file on the player; awaiting anxiously if it plays smoothly through HDMI as well. Great work Charbax!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kramer28 wrote:
I noticed in your video that when you showed the HD video list on the player it had a list of at least 3 files pertaining to the flick Inglorious Bastards. Is that because of the player's built in splitter feature for files that are above 4gb? If that's the case are all videos higher than 4gb going to appear like this in our video folder on the player (meaning a video with the same title a number of times such as in your video)?

It is VERY encouraging that it can handle this high bit rate file on the player; awaiting anxiously if it plays smoothly through HDMI as well. Great work Charbax!

Just some quick random 200mb splitting I did to be able to test native parts of one of the 6.6GB+ MKVs I have, I did it based on the info using MKVmerge in the 720p MKV bitrate thread. I think nz said Archos will provide an easy to use splitter software, the way it'll work it'll show up as one file in Video browser mode and when playing back it will also show up as one video. My guess is the splitter software just has to be used when transfering the 4GB+ file from Windows/Mac/Linux, and that the file transfer should not take longer than it otherwise would take, so it basically isn't troublesome but just requires this splitter software to be installed on Windows/Mac/Linux first. My guess also is it beams video length in a kind of Arclib indexing file as well this is the way the video player might know the total length of the video when starting to play the first segment, unless the Archos detects and generates it by itself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:39 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
kramer28 wrote:

Just some quick random 200mb splitting I did to be able to test native parts of one of the 6.6GB+ MKVs I have, I did it based on the info using MKVmerge in the 720p MKV bitrate thread. I think nz said Archos will provide an easy to use splitter software, the way it'll work it'll show up as one file in Video browser mode and when playing back it will also show up as one video. My guess is the splitter software just has to be used when transfering the 4GB+ file from Windows/Mac/Linux, and that the file transfer should not take longer than it otherwise would take, so it basically isn't troublesome but just requires this splitter software to be installed on Windows/Mac/Linux first. My guess also is it beams video length in a kind of Arclib indexing file as well this is the way the video player might know the total length of the video when starting to play the first segment, unless the Archos detects and generates it by itself.

This is AWESOME news!!! Finally a tablet (70) that will be able to play HD video (finally, most types of popular scene releases) flawlessly! Thanks again for confirming this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:44 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

You do realise that the Archos 5 IT could play 720p HD files. This is nothing new, hopefully the syncing should be better which
Im sure it will be.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:11 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tscotsman wrote:
You do realise that the Archos 5 IT could play 720p HD files. This is nothing new, hopefully the syncing should be better which
Im sure it will be.

By all accounts gathered in this forum the 5 IT had the capacity to play 720p HD files but some files would show noticeable lag which to me was unsatisfactory. The new 8th generation players are showing that higher bit rate files have a much better shot at playing seamlessly quite possibly due to the much better processor.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:23 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

also, Charbax said in his initial post 'DTS' audio - hope that wasn't just a typo