Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I could not find any concrete answers about how much RAM Froyo & Gingerbread take. I have also heard the 90MB statement about Honeycomb but I have no idea if it is a solid number.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Any news about the update to Gingerbread ?

The Gen8 tablet have almost 1 year and we still using the same Android 2.2 version, This says a lot of the company commitment with the customers, my phone already use Gingerbread.

I think this was my first and my last archos product, the company commitment with the customers is woeful.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ptesone wrote:

The Gen8 tablet have almost 1 year and we still using the same Android 2.2 version, This says a lot of the company commitment with the customers, my phone already use Gingerbread.

I think this was my first and my last archos product, the company commitment with the customers is woeful.

You al ready got update from 2.1 to 2.2.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:33 am 
Archos User
Archos User

exelletor wrote:
ptesone wrote:

Sorry but I think that android 2.2 archos was offered from the start.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:45 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

In January they were still shipping units with 2.1.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:49 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I rather all the bugs be worked out of the current system then going to a new one with more bugs.

The wireless needs to be brought up to speed for other wireless n products.
There are still minor stability issues (nothing major anymore though).

There are other modded os for them so we are not totally without options.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:16 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

exelletor wrote:
ptesone wrote:

Not to be a smartass, but when was it asked about getting Froyo? Archos dropped a hint on Facebook a couple weeks ago about "possibly" getting GB. If you are only going to post obvious statements, you aren't helping at all.
Greg_e wrote:
In January they were still shipping units with 2.1.

That is because they were already packaged when Froyo was released. Doesn't mean they weren't shipped without a promise of 2.2. I believe the package actually said something about upgrading to Froyo as soon as you opened it. I know I got mine in December and the first thing I did was upgraded. Then installed market. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

professional1690 wrote:
I would agree Archos has performed poorly on updating to 2.3. This was the first and last purchase I will make. I tell all my friends not to waste time and money on this product due to the poor support for the product.

???

they have never stated they would update this to 2.3, gen 8 is a android 2.2 tablet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ptesone wrote:

so their customer support is "woeful" because they haven't done an update they never promised or even stated they would do? haha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:47 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

There are lots of companies out there that will give updates to new OS's even if it was "never stated"

Archos is not necessarily the most popular Electronics manufacturer on the block so they would greatly benefit by going above and beyond to keep their customers happy. And that includes unannounced updates! They have to continually differentiate themselves from other companies in order to keep climbing.

I've owned the Archos 5, 70, and now the 101. Sadly it looks like this will be the last device I buy from them, even though I was really looking forward to the Gen 9.

It is what it is. I don't necessarily think they are a bad company, quite the opposite, I just think that you can get more bang for your Buck elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:42 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Agree with the above post, up to a point. Really, though, as long as they (Archos) keep releasing bug fixes and wind up at a stable version of 2.2, I'll be more than happy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Its true many companies forget its how you treat the customer that makes or breaks you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:58 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Fix the USB on the 101 for good!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Interesting how posts that mention problems are frequently deleted and accounts closed. If you can't handle anyone that is not 100% archos maybe you should get some new bigboy panties.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

professional1690 wrote:
Interesting how posts that mention problems are frequently deleted and accounts closed. If you can't handle anyone that is not 100% archos maybe you should get some new bigboy panties.

This is a support forum, I've posted info about issues several times, and my account is still here...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:42 am 

Are you kidding me?

We don't delete complaints or close/remove accounts for complaints.

Don't even try to make it sound like we delete complaints and comments. I take offense to someone accusing us of something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My account was deleted and my two posts removed. I take offense at being told my direct experience is not correct.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:46 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Mods do a great job and i don't see any non pro archos posts getting deleted.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

In fact you can scroll up and see sp commenting on my post from last week and look at my number of posts and date I joined which was today, note the user names are the same and clearly my my account was deleted along with the previous posts. I am sure the moderators are fine peopke but that does not change that the account was deleted.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:02 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Accidents and bugs do happen to the system so you can't rule that out either.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 Next