Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:10 pm 
I have recieved the av500 (60Gb) dvr as a christmas present - Lucky me. Since then i have been looking at all the reviews and im looking at exchanging it for pma430. Few questions

I have read few reviews and most are saying that the wifi is very weak max distance is 30ft from access point. Also there is a massive different between screen quality. Pim is poor.

Can anyone give me the low down on this device. What im looking for is all that this device can offer but im willing to wait for better release. What i need in this device is as follows

1. Wifi (Email and browsing)
2. Email support (Outlook)
3. Pdf viewer
4. Bluetook support (Connect to phone when not in wireless zone)
5. Can we load skype or voipbuster on this baby
6. Future proof - is hard disk laptop can we use ghost to clone and incease size???

Any help would be gratefull

:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:29 pm 
i am in china .i find pma400 is cheaper aboard than in china .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wait at least for CES on 5-8th January 2006.. Maybe, somehow, info about next-generation PMA will be released there..

Current PMA does all the things you say, appart from bluetooth, that only works with external usb-bluetooth adapter on the usb-host, and I haven't been able to connect it to my 3G bluetooth phone to the internet.. Next-generation PMA will definately have built-in Bluetooth and probably much other things..

If you do want to get the PMA430 then you can find it for 500├óÔÇÜ┬¼ or less at Archos.com and at cheap places.. check the news and next-gen sections of this forum for more rumors about next-gen PMA and rumors about this CES.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:54 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Is the 604 wifi not the new PMA??? Theres another new Archos product coming out?!?! How do you know??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bought a new PMA (my old Archos product is broken) for 189 ├óÔÇÜ┬¼ two days ago. It should come the next week. Befor I had an AV420 and it was the perfect thing for me. But it has the same price as the PMA so I bought the PMA .

Post subject: PMA430 vs 604wifi
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:06 am 
I bought the PMA430 almost a year ago, and it works great. A few con's, the wifi is not strong enough. No bluetooth. Could have had better company support. I also bought the 604wifi, it worked ok. But I couldn't change much as far as settings. The browser wouldn't let me upload attachments, but I could download them. That seemed strange. The PMA430 can do both. Didn't like the browser menu on the 604wifi. Battery life seemed alot worse than the PMA430. I returned it. I thought I'd like it more but nope. Anyway, thats my opinion on them. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:54 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
Current PMA does all the things you say, appart from bluetooth, that only works with external usb-bluetooth adapter on the usb-host, and I haven't been able to connect it to my 3G bluetooth phone to the internet..

This works just fine on openPMA! It even has an own bluetooth dialogue for that in the networking section.

Charbax wrote:
Next-generation PMA will definately have built-in Bluetooth and probably much other things..

You're a dreamer. My guess is that Archos Management doesn't have the balls to try a PMA product again - ever.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i am in china .i find pma400 is cheaper aboard than in china .