Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I use Audiocorder a lot, especially while driving. The only problem I have with the program is the tiny on screen buttons which are very hard to get at blind (that is, without looking straight at the screen which is obviously somewhat difficult when driving)

SO I'm looking for ideas, got any?

is it possible to assign functions to the hard keys? for that matter if I hook up a usb keyboard can is it possible to assign record and stop function to those keys?

is there any alternative recording program available?

is there any kind of plug-in remote similar to what Sony had with the CLie or minidisc recorders?

any suggestions at all would be helpful (besides sarcastic ones)

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:02 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have the FM Remote Control for my two AV420's which has an inbuilt microphone and clothes clip... and start/stop record and a few other functions. It's pretty cheap and cheerful (except it was n't in price when I bought it 18 months ago). The cable is also not that long at 2 ft.

I've no idea if it also fits the PMA but if your PMA uses the funny travel adapter plug to allow recording/playback from TV etc, then it should. I'll check newmp3technology website and see if they do them then edit this again...yep they do it, about 25 quid! 8)

http://www.newmp3technology.com/fm400.htm

Link here also to the product manual for it off the Archos website. It's in the Accessories section. 8)

http://www.archos.com/support/download/ ... al&lang=en

OK, now I've been helpful am I allowed a bit of sarcasm :lol: ...why are you talking to yourself while driving...calming your nerves???? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yes, I suppose if you are helpful then adding sarcasm into the mix is perfectly acceptable, perhaps even a right

anyhow, I talk to myself in the car because no one else will listen to me any where else :badgrin:

actually, I'm working on a novel and my commute to work is great time to flesh out ideas

funny note on this... about three weeks ago I was in a bad car accident and forgot I was recording until a couple of days later when i was typing up my spoken notes and heard the accident again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Wooooaaa! Take care now and get your self that remote if you think it will help you keep your eyes on the road/other drivers/stay alive.

Having the remote with it's mic (it's pretty sensitive) clipped to a lapel or something should make it easier to hear your words/the car noise less obvious I imagine (...and crashing noises?)

Anyway, if you do go for it let us all know how you get on with it and good luck with the novel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

for the record, it was the other driver's fault :D