Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: programming new IR codes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:36 pm 
I am just now trying to set up the VideoCorder with my Sony VCR and none of the built-in IR codes on the PMA430 work. The Archos technician said he thought it was possible to get additional codes from www.lirc.org but he didn't know where they were stored on the PMA430, nor was he even sure how to get the new codes into the PMA430.

Has anyone encountered this problem? PLEASE tell me how I can get this to work. Not being able to use this function makes a large reason for buying this seem like a waste of money.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:49 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

stargazer wrote:
I am just now trying to set up the VideoCorder with my Sony VCR and none of the built-in IR codes on the PMA430 work. The Archos technician said he thought it was possible to get additional codes from www.lirc.org but he didn't know where they were stored on the PMA430, nor was he even sure how to get the new codes into the PMA430.

This is not LIRC it is some proprietary unknown application.

stargazer wrote:
Has anyone encountered this problem? PLEASE tell me how I can get this to work. Not being able to use this function makes a large reason for buying this seem like a waste of money.

I'm surprised that Sony wouldn't work for you. This is a major brand and if Archos bought ir-codes I'd expect Sony to be among those. Never tried that stuff though, so can't really tell.

Cheers

Thomas