Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:13 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all,
I'm a newbi to the PMA having only got it just after Xmas and have very little experience with Linux having only ever set up a bluequartz server before.

I' managed to get openpma 0.2 (Giraffe) running and have upgraded smb4pma to 0.61 but am having serious network problems. I can logon to the AP no problem, Access the PMA from the windows PCs and copy files too and from. Access a windows XP pro machine but cannot access any other share on the network be it win98, xp home, vista or even more strangely the AP I use for the PMA is a Asus WL-HDD2.5 which has a 60gb hard drive which is linux based (running stock firmware)

the win98, xp home, vista all say "no shares found" when there are many.
The PMA will List the shares on the WL-HDD2.5 but says "failed (unknown)" when you try and mount

Anyone got any ideas
Thanks
Jay

Last edited by zarn on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The plot thickens, I think its a bug in smb4pma as i managed to get it to log on to a couple of problem boxes tonight an think i have sused out why... ish.

I had given up on the idea of being able to use the wl-hdd on the road..

the pma has been in standby now for a few weeks without a reboot and tonight I setup a freenas for my father it too runs samba I believe ant that would mount.. strange so added it to the profile, the pma went into standby.. I woke it up and by accident tried to mount the wl-hdd again and it mounted, but low and behold the freenas wouldn't.

on looking at the profiles now that I have a wlhdd and freenas that would and wouldn't mount in separate profiles there is a difference in the, for want of a better word "mount string"
on the profile entries that wont mount there is an extra space so for example a string that will mount is //192.168.1.20/share1 and a string that wont mount is 192.168.20 /share1 an extra space between the end of the IP and the sharename.

Can anyone tell me where these profiles are saved so I can manually edit them? Or can someone tell me how to get in touch with Masadafish?

Thanks again
Jay