Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi all, hope someone can point me in the right direction here, Im totally crap with computers so please bare with me,

am a full time pest controller, shooting is a big part of the job, normally at night using a lamp, however Ive put together a night vision unit that fits on my rifle and shows up on a lcd screen mounted above

http://youtu.be/pMwgZx5eTVA

now I wanted to be able to record, so purchased a archos pma400 from evil-bay, as this supported av in/out, it came with the docking station/wires etc, although Ive ordered the travel wires to make things easier, and I will be adding this (inside the 4x4) via a cable splitter to act as a seperate viewing screen, but mainly to act as a dvr device,
everything on the pma is working as it should do, apart from the one thing I want, I can connect upto my mini cctv camera, via the docking station at the moment, and on the recording screen get the picture from the camera, yet when I click on "record" I get a box come up saying unable to record, but no reason WHY????

anyone out there with any ideas where Im going wrong, or should I take it to the top of a very tall building and throw

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have you tested recording from some other video source? I remember there may have been some prob recording from sources that have anti-copy DRM stuff on the signal, maybe your cctv thing for some reason has that enabled. I forget the names of how it's called. Basically that DRM thing DVD players output and that recording devices are supposed to adhere to. There are adapters that can remove that from the signal so you simply put that adapter in between if that is what's causing this problem.