Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After trying to install an app, an Archos 7 Home tablet I have here is giving the error message "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

If I click the button "Force close" the message appears again after a few seconds. Nothing else can be done on the tablet.

The usual suggestion to fix this is to download the latest firmware and install it. When I try this, I get the message
"Found a invalid firmware image file '/flash/update.img'. Would you like to delete it?"
It is definitely the correct firmware for this device (A70HB), and the same thing happens if I try putting the firmware on an SD card.

I contacted Archos who suggested returning it under the warranty, but that is not possible as the device was bought second hand.

Is there any solution? e.g. is there any other way to install new firmware?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i have exactly the same problem, its an archos 7 home tablet, tho i dont know what model, i dont have the usb cable either so i have to use the sd to get firmware on it, only it wont work.
surely there must be a fix for this ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What I can tell you is, the owner claimed to have got it working by uploading the firmware, though I cannot explain this as I thought I had tried every reasonable option.

If you want to risk it you could try installing the firmware for the other similar model listed on the Archos site. That's the only thing I didn't try.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

well i think ive just found a solution
i downloaded this http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/JOYSTICK-GAMEPAD-WHEELS-and-TABLETS/Archos/Archos-7-Tablet-Firmware-ECLAIR.shtml this is for the v2 but there other yar files for firmware for the v1
i then put it on an empty sd card, started the tablet up and waited till i got the dreaded error message, i then put the sd card in and underneath the error message was another box asking if i wanted to install.
so pressed force close on the error message and then quickly pressed install, i did that a couple of times and now it is installing, its taking ages and might not work but ill be back to let you know

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

this worked for me tho to be honest the tablet isnt that good, and as my phone runs jellybean its seems a bit archaic
good luck with yours shade i hope you get it sorted

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks jonny130, that may explain how the owner of the tablet managed to reinstall the firmware after I failed. It could be that they got their copy from elsewhere.