Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, this is my first post on these message boards, so I apologize if I'm doing anything against SOP, but this seems the place to be.

Anyway, so my family has had a sorted past with Archos (I think we have had 3 in two years and all 3 have broken in some fashion). So my mom was given an Archos 7 Home Tablet for Christmas, and the pin in the hole for the charger has broken off. It's no longer under warranty and we really don't have money to spend on a new tablet. This Archos is one of the few modern pieces of electronics that doesn't charge with a USB cord.

I have some experience with soldering and basic understandings of circuitry, is there anything I can do myself to fix this? Or some sort of work around solution? I know this is unlikely, but, I'm desperate at this point and it can't hurt to ask the experts. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When my was dropped at the floor the female part were the pin goes was totally broken so I demounted the pad and soldered a short USB-cable at the place. It doesn't look nice but it works. The charger gives 5volt so why in the h... didn't Archos put an USB connector there from the beginning. A warning... When you try to mount this crappy device again it will probably not fit 100%. Archos 7 is for sure a sad piece of sh...