Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hallo everyone!

first, let me just clarify that i'm not a developer - i'm just putting together stuff that i find useful from Himself's roms, franciscofranco's tweaks (from xda), and a couple of others... i still can't work out a lot of the bugs in this version, but i think what i have now should be some improvement... once again the standard disclaimer holds: FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED UP EVERYTHING YOU NEED BEFOREHAND!!!

okay, there are two versions - one with the original 290MB app space, and the other one with around 230MB but with a partially read-writable /system (following Himself's YAR0.28). frankly, i think that unless you want to change your system fonts or experiment with the system framework, the original 290MB app space might be better for you due to partition instabilities in /data for the writeable system version:

- original 290MB app space: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10274997/7HTv1_2.2b2update.img
- system read-writeable (note that it's originally mounted as read-only to prevent people from accidentally messing up their system - if you don't know how to remount it as read-write, you really shouldn't be playing around with it): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10274997/7HTv1_2.2b2update%28sysrw%29.img

Changelog (what i can remember, anyway...):
- updated busybox to 1.18.4 (the full set of symlinks is only available in the system read-write version, because i can't figure out how to automate the process in the system read-only version)
- added lowmemorykiller, cifs, aufs, yaffs modules from Himself's roms
- manually mounted /flash and /sdcard in init.sh because vold doesn't seem to be able to find them
- improved frameworks-res.apk - white clock and notifications texts, full-screen notifications tray, prettier buttons (from 2.1b6)
- added AlarmClock.apk from 2.1b6
- added 'reboot' button to power menu
- set windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60 for snappier UI
- custom script capability in /data/local/tweaks.sh
- custom save/restore script (based on Himself's data2ext script) and mount scripts

the custom save/restore script is activited at startup with tweaks.sh, and works like this:
- you first create a 256MB ext2 partition on your sdcard (i used the custom recovery mod on my phone, but you can find your own ways)
- to create a backup, create a file named ".save" ('dot save', for those who missed the initial period, and no file extension) in /data using a rooted file explorer or type "touch /data/.save" in adb - and here is a working version of adb in case you don't have it
- reboot.

the script will copy everything from your data folder (excluding dalvik-cache) and then place a flag "saved2ext" in /sdcard so you can check when you last did a backup by looking at when the flag was created. to restore from backup, create a file named ".restore" and wait. (both save and restoring may take a long time depending on the number of apps you have - around 10 to 15 min total start-up time for me - so be patient.)

mountflash is a manual script to mount your internal flash and sdcard - execute once to mount, and execute again to unmount. it's currently a little buggy when you overwrite files, so it might be better if you delete the original file from the drive first before copying the new version over.

tweaks.sh also contains stuff from franciscofranco's Optimus P500 tweaks - i haven't had a chance to fine-tune all of them but they seem to work for me, so advanced users can try out different values if they want (take note of the original values first!)

i don't think i'll be spending any more time on this in the near future though, since android development sucks up insane amounts of time, but do report any new bugs (those not already in the original rom) and i'll see if i can get rid of them if and when i'm free? (for example, i'm a little annoyed at how long pressing the home button no longer opens the recent applications tray...)

P.S. the scripts are available here, but i don't know if they'll work properly on other roms. also, enable compcache and disable compatibility mode from Spare Parts for a better user experience. ^^)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

To those that have like me wifi-reconnect issues: i found a fast and simple work around:
install the wifiscanner from the market and check the available networks. you will see the one you need. clieck it and the app will connect to that network. Works for me every time...

note1: Wifi scanner needs a network connector addon, which has to be installed as well.
note 2: When connecting there is a notice scanning is temporary disabled. I assume this is the problem. Is it possible somehow to alter the scanning frequency/intervall? Maybe that solves the complete issue...

Wifi-scanner now is on my startpage and within 30 seconds i am connected now...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

That was to fast...
During the last days i had to experience it still is not working every time...
So WiFi still is the biggest issue for me ATM (apart from speed of the device, and memory, and...)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

archospapyo wrote:
Hello

This is a FROYO 2.2 firmware for 7htV1
The name is 7HTv1 2.2 update1.

http://www.multiupload.com/D4YA9UA2NB
http://www.multiupload.com/D4YA9UA2NB
(rooted-sd ok-wifi ok-market ok-color icons-mem 314mo)

To get the market working

1) start the market and wait everything is synched. (wait for the synch icon to disappear in status bar)
2) go to settings->applications
3) Clear the cache of the Market. (Not the data!)
4) Clear the data of the Google Framework Services
5) reboot and go to Market, it should now work fully

For install:
1.flash original update.img archos (with RKANDROID)and install.
2.mount with pc and format internal drive in Fat32.
3.turn off and flash with 2.2b1(this image) with RKANDROID and install.
4.ENJOY

For have a button physical "HOME" go to Spare parts- End button behavior and click "Goto home

Do you cook Unicode font into your ROM ? < it is not display correctly on web browser>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

just wanted tfoundo ad some input on the video problem. its not a fix but you can watch music vids. on the vevo video app. in market. not perfect video on this firmware but the best streaming video i've found. hope this helps some people who want some of there media functionality back. keep up the great work everyone. not exactely an archos fan but a fan of the people doing great work on improving it.
:D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:56 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ive done the clear cache and still nothing i search for shows up in the market. in addition to that my sd card wont mount.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

In the latest release of this firmware, did anyone see internal flash memory available?
It does not mount via USB, and system properties do not mention these 8Gb anywhere.
If it is mounted with script (I see some shell scripts in system folder, named like "mount flash"), then how to run them? File manager does not run shell scripts, giving message of "missing application".
Is there any Wiki on Android internals like that?
I have some Unix and scripting experience, so would be interested to look under the hood... :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OneMore wrote:
In the latest release of this firmware, did anyone see internal flash memory available?
It does not mount via USB, and system properties do not mention these 8Gb anywhere.
If it is mounted with script (I see some shell scripts in system folder, named like "mount flash"), then how to run them? File manager does not run shell scripts, giving message of "missing application".
Is there any Wiki on Android internals like that?
I have some Unix and scripting experience, so would be interested to look under the hood... :)

the internal flash memory should be visible in File Manager under the flash folder at startup... otherwise, you can use script manager to take a look at the scripts or terminal emulator to manually mount your internal flash (/dev/block/mtdblock8 for system read-only version, /dev/block/mtdblock9 for system read-write version).

it'll be great if you can help improve this further!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can this firmware use flash apps?

Can this firmware use flash 10.1?

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No. No flash 10.1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:10 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've tried the instructions to fix the market multiple times, and still I can't find the apps I want. I've seen this in some of the other roms, I've just been trying one after another hoping to find something decent. One old 1.5 ROM has a working market that I've found, but then the app I was using, SqueezeControl, didn't have good fonts.

Also, is there any way to not have the lock screen activate with this rom ever? I want the screen to timeout, but I do not want it to lock. My hope is to use this as a remote for my squeezeboxes and that will be its primary purpose.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

KeithLM wrote:
I've tried the instructions to fix the market multiple times, and still I can't find the apps I want. I've seen this in some of the other roms, I've just been trying one after another hoping to find something decent. One old 1.5 ROM has a working market that I've found, but then the app I was using, SqueezeControl, didn't have good fonts.

I have experienced the same problem with other ROMs and this is what I did:

1. Download any application through the Market;
2. On a PC, go to http://market.android.com;
3. Log on with the same account used on the device;
4. Search for the application and select "Install".

Almost immediately, your device will download and install the selected application.

The search engine on the website also works better than using the Market on the device (I don't know why).

I think this only works with Android 1.6 or greater.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

We warmly welcome
Some time ago I installed the 2.2 rom for Froyo 7HT V1 (test) and to be honest, I'm very happy with it. Firmware is a quick and stable, everything works as it should, well, almost all of them. That this involves my question, namely does not work I MARKET. The application works, but not all applications, and besides, I do not see your purchased applications. I have honestly tried everything now to the method described in a post, and unfortunately nothing. Still not working properly. Can anyone advise me how do I install properly working MARKET. I ask for an urgent reply.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,

I too have installed the Froyo 2.2 for 7HT V1 (test). I am very impressed.

I am trying Mobo player and at times, it simply crashes.

I also tried out QQ Player and Real Player (Beta). Both of these play the videos smoother than Mobo player. The only issue is that once the movie is playing, I cannot determine how to back back out of the movie to the QQ Player or Real Player screens.

I am curious if anyone has a solution....

Thank you...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

some bug 7HTv1 (test)
- wifi sometime can't conect - must restart to solve this problem
- install flashplayer 10.1 . Browser close when loading ...
- some language display not correct (fonts)
- market search very limit, and not correct (only 1 page result) - blackmart ok, gfan (http://www.gfan.com/) ok, applanet ok
- screen bright very slow when wakeup if set bright low
- suppend auto wakeup in one 30', after that ok.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm using this rom daily. It is slower than 2.1 but more stable and it has a lot more software than Cupcake, so I think it is the best rom at this time. I made a video explaining how to have a better experience with this rom:

VIDEO
http://youtu.be/LwKxpLCSm70

PLUS&CONS:
+ More software
+ Stable
- Slow
- Market not working (it displays only a few programs. The first post's workaround doesn't work for me)
- No hardware support (no 3D, no video)
+ Better touchscreen driver than 1.5
+ Hardware home button (configure the slider via Spare Parts as shown in video)
- No suspend mode (leave the screen on and wait to auto-suspend)
- Very very slow while syncronizing google account and doing cpu-intensive tasks
- Internal memory not visible via USB. Not an issue, btw, you can still see the SDCard via USB.

MODS:
Installed launcher ADW EX (the payd version, little more speed than the original one)
Installed Opera browser (speedy)
Installed Skyfire browser (slow but plays online videos)
Installed Youtube from a 2.2 Rom
Installed SlideIT payd keyboard (bigger keys in landscape mode, before this I couldn't write because my touch screen is crazy)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for making our 7HT born again with your beautiful rom! Keep it on ;)

Sorry for my bad english... :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can someone please help me how to verify what device i have? A70HB is written on the back, but in the system info it's A70BHT. Is there any benchmark app which can clarify if it has RK2808 or RK2818? I'm totally lost here:((( Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i have a serious problem, i updated my tablet to this firmware and since it doesnt have soft buttons, i have to restart it every time i need to quit an app, so because this recognised in windows i put my sd card in a sd card reader and copied the original firmware to the card, only to find out my tablet doesnt even read sd cards because of froyo restoring/resetting does not work so does anyone have ideas on how to restore this to 1.5?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

*Correction, This isnt Recognised in Windows XP, 7 i tried flashing on all my computers but to no avail.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Did you try with rkandroid? (instructions and download --> http://archoshacks.blogspot.com/p/frequ ... tions.html )

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next