Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OneMore wrote:
For this firmware, the 7Gb part shows up as drive letter on a Windows PC, but this drive is not accessible ("no disk in drive" message), and this is a known issue, not resolved yet.
The SD card will show the same way, but when you find the "USB connected..." message in status bar on the device and click it, you will get to a full-screen dialog where you can click the "Enable USB disk access..." button (all messages are not exact wordings, just the general sense). Then the contents of SD card becomesvisible on PC under a different drive letter than main storage. This is how it works for me.

You can see the 7G internal memory on the tablet? Can you use it? Or it is not mounting on the PC because the tablet itself can not see it?
In my case, the internal memory just vanished. From everywere. If you are able to see it on Archos, please tell us the secret.

If it appears as "no disk on drive" on the PC and is not mounted Archos, maybe this error are not hard to correct.

Mauricio

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

With this firmware, the tablet itself does not see the 7Gb space. Or, at least, it doesn't see it the same way as in other firmwares (i.e. in /flash folder).
Instead, the /flash folder is linked to SD card, the same as /mnt/sdcard. The /sdcard does not show anything, but I don't remember what was seen in /sdcard with the original firmware. You may check it yourself starting any file manager you have on your device (there is one in standard ROM, called "folders").
So I only mentioned successful access to SDcard via USB on Windows PC.

There may be the same reason for 7Gb space disappear on tablet, and "no disk in drive" error, or there may independent errors. I don't have enough knowledge of Linux internals to assert that USB sharing relies on /flash in an way, or to check what resource it is actually trying to share, or enable extended logging to see what happens on the tablet side when it tries to access this space and share it.

In my understanding, this error may be related to increase of application install space in this firmware. Someone needs to compare the behavior of other images, for which the application space was increased, find the one that mounts 7Gb storage correctly and figure out the difference in configuration. Keeping in mind that these other images are different Android versions than this one, and may be supposed to access storage or be configured in different ways. Unfortunately, the amount of time needed to experiment and learn from scratch goes beyond my available time, but I will be checking ideas and test suggestions as they come around. It is not me who created this image, I am just testing it, learning and trying to fix what I can, until the creator finds time to follow up.

It definitely worth investing more time and efforts in this firmware, it is the best so far, at least for those who want to install newer applications sacrificinjg just a little bit of performance (like me). And if anyone could enable video hardware acceleration for this version, it would become the #1 choice for all 7HT owners.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I to have issues with WiFI and I agree with an earlier post that it looks like the autoconnect is not working properly. It connects for a few seconds, then disconnects. If I delete and recreate the profile "a few" times it will stay connected till the next reboot. (Then it works GREAT.)

Anyone know how to disable autoconnect? I think I can get it to work if I force a manual connection and do not mind a few steps if I can get it to work consistantly.

The Router is set to WPA1 & 2 PSK (worked with old Archos OS) and has been rebooted, I will try later on an open wifi or WEP.

Finally, great job and thanks for the ROM, I know a lot of work went into it. Other than this bug, it has been outstanding.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have been having issues with the wifi as well.

What has seemed to work for me (twice) is re-entering the password.

In both cases it brought up the connection.

also if you push the "on/off" switch to the left when you are on the wi-fi settings screen, it will bring up two buttons on the bottom, the right one is advanced. If you go into that, then you can set the wi-fi sleep policy. I turned mine off completely so i don't loose connection when the thing goes to sleep. I'm not sure how that affects battery.

My battle is installing aldiko 2.0. I can get the standard version to install, but have some minor issues, which seem to revolve around aldiko wanting to take the entire screen up, leaving no space for the button bar across the top. I'm hoping that there will be a full screen on/off setting in 2.0 that will fix this problem.

I think other people are having this problem as well. I have formatted the both the SD card and the internal memory on the Archos (using windows format, hopefully that is the correct method) and then reflashed, but I am having no luck.

Anyone have some advice?

I'll keep plugging away.

Edit: I did get the 2.0 to install. I had been trying to install it from an .apk on my memory card. Even tho it was returning the same error from market and from the card install, trying to install it from the market worked. So there you go.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

also
-the wifi is not stable
-internal memory is not available in windows
-i can't close tabs in skyfire
-i can't indeed i'm 18 in "just in tv" on skyfire to see all of just in tvs videos
-shoutcast still not working in winamp
-youtube just works with some videos
-moboplayer play not all video-qualitys online
-moboplayer can't play all videos
-flash is installable but don't work in browser
-lot of apps are not in fullscreen or are not installable or don't work correctly after installation
-home and back button menu is in some apps unavailable
-volume button is not in soft-menu buttons

but it's a realy great work and make all of us hopefully

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just to let you guys know ,, angry birds works,,playing it now,,

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

fessor wrote:
...angry birds works...

i cant install it
and why it was possible to install 2 or 3 big apps without problems in 2.1beta3 but we cant do it 2.1beta6 and not here in froyo?!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

MrMSGMAIL wrote:
fessor wrote:
...angry birds works...

i cant install it
and why it was possible to install 2 or 3 big apps without problems in 2.1beta3 but we cant do it 2.1beta6 and not here in froyo?!

It was the first app I installed,,also like i said before regarding moboplayer,,I recommend a cache cleaner with a task killer,,to keep your archos up to speed.. and also keep the number of apps to a minimum ..

I have angry birds,,
moboplayer,
Radio time(Tunein radio),
advanced task killer
and 1 click clear,,
and they all work fine,,

moboplayer automatically turns the vol to 0 and you have to turn it up from the media vol in the home menu.

with this low number of apps.. moboplayer runs a lot smoother and plays most video formats,,avi,dvix,mp4. others i have not tested..

I tried to install angry birds seasons, after advanced task killer,, and it would not install,,,
the game angry birds plays smooth for the first 10 levels,, then it bogs down ,,,switch to home, run 1 click clear,, and go back to playing the game at almost full speed..

good luck testing..

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

fessor wrote:

moboplayer automatically turns the vol to 0 and you have to turn it up from the media vol in the home menu.

with this low number of apps.. moboplayer runs a lot smoother and plays most video formats,,avi,dvix,mp4. others i have not tested..

I tried to install angry birds seasons, after advanced task killer,, and it would not install,,,
the game angry birds plays smooth for the first 10 levels,, then it bogs down ,,,switch to home, run 1 click clear,, and go back to playing the game at almost full speed..

I installed Angry Birds RIO, It runs well also.

But I┬┤m having problems with video play. I had the animation film Nausica on my archos, compressed for archos (720x480 Xvid) and it played smootly on Cletus YAR Rom both in the video play app and in the meridian player app.
Now,only mobo plays video, but It freezes images and plays with audio off sync.
I Tried to clear cache and apps before watching it, but the video plays tha same way. Am I missing something?

Mau

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mau0968 wrote:
fessor wrote:

I installed Angry Birds RIO, It runs well also.

But I┬┤m having problems with video play. I had the animation film Nausica on my archos, compressed for archos (720x480 Xvid) and it played smootly on Cletus YAR Rom both in the video play app and in the meridian player app.
Now,only mobo plays video, but It freezes images and plays with audio off sync.
I Tried to clear cache and apps before watching it, but the video plays tha same way. Am I missing something?

Mau

Do a little reading in this forum,,1.6 and up cant play or (play's very bad )video....Cletus Yar is a costom Android .1.5 not 2.1 0r 2.2..
Nothing outside of android 1.5 on the archos can play video,, thats where moboplayer came in..if you hold on the video selection instead of a fast tap, moboplayer will give you a software decoding function,,,,
most of the avi's, and mp4;s I have tried have been at 624 x 352 and at 23 frames/second..
I just watched the season finally of THe Event,,,45 min long at 350 mb.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

fessor wrote:
MrMSGMAIL wrote:
fessor wrote:
...angry birds works...

I have angry birds,,
moboplayer,
the game angry birds plays smooth for the first 10 levels,, then it bogs down ,,,switch to home, run 1 click clear,, and go back to playing the game at almost full speed...

Dear Fessor,

Does MoboPlayer play well in Froyo 2.2 only with software decoding?
I tried switching to SW dec, but it is soooo slooooow. The same video (mp4, 1280x760, 24fps) flies like a bird with 1.5 native video player. Does it make sense to install DSP plug-ins for MOBOplayer as it suggests? I tried this once but id just displays black screen and no video (sound is OK) when switching to HW dec.

Same case with Angry Birds. It runs, but takes 5 minutes to start and is unplayable. Other than installing it right after re-flash, do I need to do anything else to make it run fast?

Also, I noticed that some sort of "advanced system info" application (do not have details with me) reports CPU speed as 100 MHz... have anyone seen that? Can CPU speed change in Archos 7 HT V1???

Just some feedback, and hope to get advice.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:19 pm 

Thread cleaned up a bit. Thanks for reporting, but please remember to not quote spam things, makes it a little harder to clean up. Always feel free to report anything suspicious.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear Fessor,

Does MoboPlayer play well in Froyo 2.2 only with software decoding?
I tried switching to SW dec, but it is soooo slooooow. The same video (mp4, 1280x760, 24fps) flies like a bird with 1.5 native video player. Does it make sense to install DSP plug-ins for MOBOplayer as it suggests? I tried this once but id just displays black screen and no video (sound is OK) when switching to HW dec.

Same case with Angry Birds. It runs, but takes 5 minutes to start and is unplayable. Other than installing it right after re-flash, do I need to do anything else to make it run fast?

Also, I noticed that some sort of "advanced system info" application (do not have details with me) reports CPU speed as 100 MHz... have anyone seen that? Can CPU speed change in Archos 7 HT V1???

Just some feedback, and hope to get advice.[/quote]

dude (mp4, 1280x760, 24fps) 1280 x 760 the archos is not a HDTV ,, try a lower res video like 624 x 352 ,,at 23 frames a sec... thats what I watch with no problem,,,try a ( XviD LOL eztv )video torrent download, a 1 hour show = 350 mb,,
smaller = archos plays it better and at that res it is still good to watch... also with angry birds like moboplayer,, keep the number of apps 5 or less,,, the more apps you install ,even when you task kill them,, thinking they are off,,it will bog down the the angry birds game and moboplayer is slow... so just use 5 apps or less.

The (mp4, 1280x760, 24fps) even on android 1.5 with DSP video,,,it will not play that good,,,..

Good luck..

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Fessor,

I would not bother you if I didn't have the same video playing absolutely smoothly with original ROM and player on this device. So, as I read here MOBOplayer is the best choice for Froyo on 7HT V1, I expected it to handle the same clip same well, so I could trust its video decoding performance.

And, BTW, MOBO doesn't play a big part of my video testing collection which is a zoo of 1...2 min.long DivX and XVID clips w/resolutions ranging from 320x240 to 640x480 various fps, and it doesn't play WMV as well (VLC plays everything of this set) - I still think I'm missing something, as everyone praises this little app here. Can you confirm you use it in software decoding mode?

Angry Birds are serving the same purpose - to check if this tablet can handle flash-based applications efficiently with some combination of firmware and software, the game is just a good case of "extreme" application. I do not plan to use this Archos as entertaining device (regardless of its designation), it's going to be a tool for me and I need to know its limitations.

Please confirm: you haven't flashed this ROM in some particular way or changed some special options, or installed something that you didn't mention before, right?

I'll check and compare the performance when only task killer + cache cleaner + one app of interest are installed right after changing firmware.

Thanks again,

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@Harfainx nice fast reaction! thank you. I'll quote it in the future.

for the app problem: i know there is a way to format part of sdcard in another file system(not fat32)and use it for installing apps. It should be faster then internal memory. It should be possible with this software from himself: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=50125
Maybe it is the answer of some problems but i dont know how it is to do. I hsve a little bit linux(ubuntu) knowledge but not enough for partioning and made physical shortcuts.
If someone want can try it and write me a step by step doing in debian shell or graphic-desktop way. It would be realy nice. Also i tryed to use himselfs software but my roms didn't work. I don't know, may i did some thing wrong or not?!

report: if i format my sdcard in two parts 4gb= 3gb (fat32) + 1gb (ext2), 2.2 can't read it anymore

last report 30.05.2011 :it's not possible to make a 2nd partition with this rom nor ext(2,3,4) not fat32, link2sd.apk don't work also and setting's move to sd-card dont wrk also. So there is no way for this ROM to install or move apps to sd-card?
Is it possible to fix it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It is not possible to make a second partition(fat32 just working untill you restart the device, ext2 is not working, i didnt try ext3 or ext4) on sdcard with this rom?
any ideas? help? can someone install or move his apps to sdcard with this rom?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

is that possible to uninstall the ADW launcher in system and install it from the market?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

issue : more partitions then one fat32 on sdcard is not supported

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

agr... where button volume in status bar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello all
I want to try this, but if I do not have an external memory and the internal drive is no visible how can I load videos or stuff? or change to another rom? or i am reading wrongly these posts?

All help is really appreciated
Thanks

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next