PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello

This is a FROYO 2.2 firmware for 7htV1
The name is 7HTv1 2.2 update1.

http://www.multiupload.com/D4YA9UA2NB
http://www.multiupload.com/D4YA9UA2NB
(rooted-sd ok-wifi ok-market ok-color icons-mem 314mo)

To get the market working

1) start the market and wait everything is synched. (wait for the synch icon to disappear in status bar)
2) go to settings->applications
3) Clear the cache of the Market. (Not the data!)
4) Clear the data of the Google Framework Services
5) reboot and go to Market, it should now work fully

For install:
1.flash original update.img archos (with RKANDROID)and install.
2.mount with pc and format internal drive in Fat32.
3.turn off and flash with 2.2b1(this image) with RKANDROID and install.
4.ENJOY

For have a button physical "HOME" go to Spare parts- End button behavior and click "Goto home

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks,, I will test it right now,,+ I will test moboplayer to see if video will work,
will report back...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

First reports,, its faster then i thought it would be,,close with 2.1
Then onto video,, tried the youtube app,,video started, then stoped and audio continued.
then I tried a HTML 5 video site and let moboplayer take over,,

YES online video selected through the browser will PLAY with Moboplayer
also Justintv worked with Skyfire 4
I will try A, avi, mp4, wmv, and a mkv next,,

...This so far is my new favorite , 2.2 rocks..lots of app space, rooted,working video*,and some new cool stuff in there.
but this is only a quick test,, I will run it through all the in's and out's and test everything...but so far
4.5 out of 5..cheers keep up the great work....

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So far: Works like a charm!

I love the 'activation' mode, needing to slide the switch to 'power off' briefly for activation. And security finally works...

Just noticed the market is not as full anymore. Many apps not present... And voicesearch still does not work

Keep up the good work!

Tip:
- By default deactivate all animations (improves speed a lot)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Everything I have tried But skype has worked so far,,,Like some of the other roms you must install the larger apps first.

Anyone who is going to try this app, not only should install your fav task killer but also i recommend Cache Cleaner Ng,,,
to keep your video browser and media (ie; Video) cache clear,,less crashing smoother playback...

I do have a question for archospapyo ,,How do I mount the usb drive to the pc ,,I have followed the install instructions to the letter,,install archos rom, mount to pc format fat32, turn off ,install 2.2..
now i connect to pc,,pc drive manager sees its there,, but all i see on the archos is that usb debugging is connected..

Maybe I am overlooking something simple,,its been a long day and pain killers and archos testing dont mix,,,((they are for a kidney stone that seems to be stuck,,,)not my first one but its a doozy,,ct scan says 5.7 millimeters,,....another story for another day...

Cheers guys..

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:58 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

@fessor
Could you possibly give me the values of your testing for the overall table ?

I am not able to test it by myself anymore (HT sold yesterday) but I would like to keep the table up-to-date.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello

for fessor : when you connect archos to pc sdcard is visible after mount but internal drive isn't visible.
I look for this problem.
My firmware 2.2b1 have other bugs (micro non work and other and audio cut when play videos with moboplayer)

I want modified this for app to sd work.

For improves speed in "Spare Parts" put windows animations and transition animations in FAST and eanebled compcache for speed.

Tanks for results.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

asgarond wrote:
@fessor
Could you possibly give me the values of your testing for the overall table ?

I am not able to test it by myself anymore (HT sold yesterday) but I would like to keep the table up-to-date.

Sure,, here you go.
I hope this helps, I can and would be glad to keep testing any rom and provide you the test results to keep the Table up to date,,Cheers

Android version 2.2
Google Market Yes
App memory 314
Flash Memory yes
Sdcard yes
Drives in windows Not yet
Video (avi/divx/mp4) Yes(with moboplayer software decoding)
Audio Drop-outs
Rooted Yes
Pre installes apps Yes and superuser
WiFI yes
Install opera mini 5 Yes
Flash 10.1 Not tested
GAPPS yes

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

archospapyo wrote:
Hello

for fessor : when you connect archos to pc sdcard is visible after mount but internal drive isn't visible.
I look for this problem.
My firmware 2.2b1 have other bugs (micro non work and other and audio cut when play videos with moboplayer)

I want modified this for app to sd work.

For improves speed in "Spare Parts" put windows animations and transition animations in FAST and eanebled compcache for speed.

Tanks for results.

Thanks for the fast reply,, and I already placed animations and transition on fast,,love that feature , but thanks for the compcache tip, will do...

Fantastic work Bravo my friend..

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:39 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I have to congratulate, too. =D>
We are getting more and more to an up-to-date version, that gets the most out of the tablet.

But be careful, archospapyo, don't brick your device.
It's always a pity when a gifted craftsman breaks his hammer. :D

Keep it on.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@Fessor; about windows drive... and yet, many have the problem of "reading SD card" .. in fact formatted in fat32, ok
then to be able to read all parts(usb and internal memory) of your USB device, i just find a trick which is to say windows about a generic device.. choose an USB generic storage to be installed, and windows accepted it. (used on XP .. then in win 7 .. all is readable..)
BUT, in fact yes, there is no "driver" to use archos with some software, it is just a readable drive there ... all files accessible, but not as an archos ...

About the .img .. i'm on himself0.28, to use it i just copy its directories (some system one, with apps inside), then the file update.img..
and reboot the Tablet... and the last system (knightdominion) detected this file, then updated to himself.

i use this method... renaming your 7HTb2update.img to update.img...
-->but the system said: "found an invalid firmware in "..dir", delete it ?" ... ok testing step by step ... i'll use your RKandroid also ... but it doesn't find the tablet ! ...

Last edited by AkoZ on Tue May 17, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:32 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ubs works well for me. you just have aktivate the "turn on USB storage" button.
Wifi dont works if 2.1beta6s wifi is 100%, i can use froyo's wifi like 60%.
in some xda forums are some flash 10.2s availeble for froyo but i couldnt install them, just 10.1 flash for eclair was istallable but i didn't test it.
Battery's working is much better then 2.1beta3,5,6. It is like korneyones cyanogenmod7.
flash in browser don't work and i didn't test it in tv programms.

bye side: can i buy in internet RAM-blocks for 7HTv1? i saw lot of month ago a pic in forum from 7htv1 and there was 2 empty RAM-stocks

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:04 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

AkoZ wrote:
I'll use your RKandroid also ... but it doesn't find the tablet ! ...

You have to install the USB-RK2808-driver first to make RKAndroid able to see the device. See here for the tutorial.

Very important - the device must be connected but switched off with the power button in the lock-position.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@asgarond !! ;)) you're a fan-Tastic one :) yep, i did all the manip... but tablet was ON ... and yes Tablet MUST BE OFF !! and now it has accepted the driver ... one min and i'll use the rom .. ?
...hey you say "clic restore".. and on the APAD site they use "update" .. which the best ?
* as i was to upGrade the android OS, i chose update... then i till have my old directories... but may be wrong if not all the files are updated with their new ones ..(?): do i have to do once with "restore" ? :roll:

in fact the tablet reacts a bit slowly.. but my every day app (paintjoy) is saving all and it's ok...
then the interface is a bit strange: the button to do all, and not the screen ? .. here, the tablet has frozen... and the home is not attainable... i'll try later. for the youtube, it's ok but so slow that ... ?? unusable..

the browser is ok, an old slow app (game) is till slow ... some apps (goog reader are ok as they crashed too many times ...
test in use, i put back my old apps...

OOPS, one thing: where is the volume button ?? ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:27 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I am glad I could help you :D .
Beginning to flash is always a thrilling moment.

It might be a bit tricky to work with the "Update" button.
Because the custom ROMS have different app sizes. This is achieved if the modder re-partitions the flash memory and increases the partition for the app space. If you now choose "Update" this might not be carried out correctly and this could lead to errors.

I would also recommend to save everything you want to keep from flash and sd-card to your PC and then format both drives in Windows with FAT32. Sometimes it is even required before you can see the memory in the settings.

But you will manage 8) . Every-one who spends some time on the forum will get better and better day-by-day.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

it is ok in fact , but perhaps better with restore (as it "cleans" all ..) flash is not so "dangerous", i remind when i've to flash some eprom of a motherboard to change its bios .. ;)) here it appears easier :) and this forum is very updated.. but a bit confused, and thanks to you to have the Roms thread up ! the goog search engine in forums is not so good as the internal self engine ...
the new system is ok on some apps, but fails on other...
applibs doesn't work (?) .. and i don't find known apps on the market (??) as evernote or moboplayer .. (there are on web but not installable (?)
--> i don't find the general volume (as before with the 2 speakers ..?
--> there was a rotation of desk but i can't make back to horizontal ..?
--> no music app or radio streaming till found ok.
--> some blocked games are ok now
it's a mitigated version, with far more options, for the interface in fact, but the memory appears not so clean as before but i put back a tasks killer..ok coz memory is flooding very fast... not yet used for media/music .. next to test

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

AkoZ wrote:
--> there was a rotation of desk but i can't make back to horizontal ..?

use the Rotate L or Rotate P apps the change the screen oriental, it included in the rom
or Spare Parts, uncheck the "Launcher rotation"

hi archospapyo
that's a great rom :D
my problem is the status bar
1. no volume button
2. when expand the notifications, the size no fit to the whole horizontal size ?
i can share my framework to u, if u need ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sound's like there could be a Chriscsh/Archospapyo FROYO 2.2 Alpha,,I say alpha because a lot of people have flashed their
ARCHOS with the Archospapyo FROYO 2.2 for 7HT V1 (test) and like it a lot , if Chriscsh's framework does blend in nicely in cooking process and bring the volume button, sounds like a winner to me ..

I have been studying the moboplayer codecs (seems to be the best way to go) . seems like moboplayer and linux vlc have a lot in common within the ffmpeg library, and can be moded to rendender video/audio to better suit the hardware and software..(SHAME ANDROID VLC centers on streaming and uses the stock player for playback) ** Can you guys cook Moboplayer into the rom as the native player, and some ArchosFans.com art work maybe as a background? **..

And all those people who complained when they got a 1.5 android archos form tigerdirect or from anywhere on sale and said it was no good ,..,shame on you,, and shame on you Archos for not keeping up to date suport,,maybe you guys at Archos just cant keep up with the Fans..put that in your pipe and smoke it..'' and look now A Almost perfect Android 2.2 running smooth on the Archos 7 home tablet v1.. WOW..

The ball just started rolling,,,,,,doing the impossible is no easy task..but who's to say you cant have fun trying.

thanks guys..

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

first i am dutch and 14 so bad english

but can somebody post some screenshots i would like to see what 2.2 looks like
(maby stupid but for 2.1 cant we just edit the v2 oficial rom?)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:25 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@chriscsh : yep ! forgotten the "spares" .. but... till blocked on portrait position ! ?? the rotation aren't functional (?) ...
i'll flash to the "recover" position.. i've seen some of my old apps on market today but they don't yet install (and one has been checked as installed..)
@asgarond If there is a partition pb, may be ... ok
in fact this OS version is more stable, but there is a lack in not having the "principal menu"(& volume too;) visible when i want : in Opera, when in settings page i can't get back .. and if i put the "end button" to nothing (and not "home" then i can't get back to anything, just blocked on setting page !! ;))
==> a solution: creating a shortcut: just push on an empty place on a desk then it propose you to put a shortcut: fin sompewhere on settings/sounds and you get a volume adjustment ... ;) (not direct but i'm sure some here can create a little widget to use volume .. hey perhaps there is one in the market (controling directly anywhere ?... ?

--> no menu bar is a shame coz that's the minimal bar to use the tablet.. perhaps "end button" may be done to react like "back" arrow.. ?
--> i can't get back to the page i was browsing in OPERA coz there is no back arrow !! :))
--> humm i know the "end button" function.. ;) :useful (may the mecanism resists ? or be a bit tired after...?)

Hey @ thanks archospapyo for your hard work and tips (in fact for the goog market one :) : YES the market is back but some apps are said:"fail to install" .. oh there is so many things to read there .. one step by one step .. it goes to the best ! Sure the next minor version will have good
-->may the processes starts be visible ?(like in linux startup (or in firmware-recover).. i really appreciate knowing what's up in a system, and not waiting for it with its icy screen doing nothing .. ;)

nb --> tunein (streaming radio is ok)...
using this OS i find it a bit better than the himself one... far more settings (but also longer to learn) then far more tuning ... ;)

Last edited by AkoZ on Wed May 18, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.