Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello everyone I just got my Archos 7c ht yesterday and it is now bricked. I was using then decided to perfeorm a factory reset. After I reset it It was in a continuous reboot loop so I used the reset buttonin hops of fixing it but now it wont even turn on it will charge though.. I was looking aroug and saw the RKAndroid methode It was regonized one but I did the driver thing worng and windows installed something else now I cant seem to get the driver thing back up when I plug it in!!!

I really want my tablet fix I havent really used it at all
!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:07 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

What does it show in the device manager when you lock your device in off-mode and connect it to the PC ?

Expected is "RK28USB".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guy's , first sorry about my bad english , hope you can help me whit that problem.
I made a video about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-vEzvfC4z8
I did evrythink step by step and then , this happen i cant go futher .
My "Windows Xp,86x,SP3" cant recognize :shock: "Archos 7 Home Tablet"
Model : A70BHT
Firmware : 1.0.1
Kernel version : 2.6.25 (root@cong-desktop #872)
Android version : 2.1 Eclair
I tryed all driver's from the folder nothink happen.
Please Help :( .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Nevermind i found new driver :D
it work's for me so check it out .
http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-tablet/flashing-firmware-rockchip-cpu-based-devices-archos-ht-7-8-arnova-10/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My 7HTv1 is totally messed up, I've carried out this procedure but cannot get it to switch on.
I've have the switch over to the right, pressed the reset button for up to about 1 minute but it will not switch on.

When I do a normal switch on I cannot calibrate the screen and then when I bypass the screen calibration the touch functions incorrectly.

Last edited by Harfainx on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Language

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Can someone post a new link to download RKAndroid? When you click the link in the instructions, it opens the next page fine, but the link to the actual download is dead.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey, I believe some roms format your device to something else, so when you plug it in to your computer the file systems are strange, are unreadable, or if you go to the file manager on your device you cant see anything, what do they need to be formated to? NTSF or what?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:32 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ejanssens wrote:
Can someone post a new link to download RKAndroid? When you click the link in the instructions, it opens the next page fine, but the link to the actual download is dead.
Thanks

Has anyone found a new source for this? I'm finding the link to the download to be dead also.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Titus A Duxass wrote:
My 7HTv1 is totally messed up, I've carried out this procedure but cannot get it to switch on.
I've have the switch over to the right, pressed the reset button for up to about 1 minute but it will not switch on.

When I do a normal switch on I cannot calibrate the screen and then when I bypass the screen calibration the touch functions incorrectly.

When you lock the device and press RESET, it doesn't switch on. The screen remains black, the only way to know if it worked is to plug it to the PC with the USB cable.

Success wrote:
Hey, I believe some roms format your device to something else, so when you plug it in to your computer the file systems are strange, are unreadable, or if you go to the file manager on your device you cant see anything, what do they need to be formated to? NTSF or what?

Use the FAT filesystem.

KeithLM wrote:
ejanssens wrote:
Thanks

Has anyone found a new source for this? I'm finding the link to the download to be dead also.

Here: http://code.google.com/p/apad-irobot/downloads/detail?name=RKAndroid_ENG.zip&can=2&q=

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,

Thanks for the tutorial,

My tablet model is A70HB Home Slate.

Archos 7 home tablet 8gb.

I am stuck at the driver part, I am using win xp 32 bit edition and I have not been able to install the driver it keeps showing the device as "unkown device" I have tried these drivers with no luck:

RKAndroid_ENG
rk28usb-new
rk28usb.inf - rk28usb.sys

I have also tried in a laptop running win 7 starter 32 bit and also refusese to install the driver

Any help will be apreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I finally managed to install the correct driver.

This is the right one for my model W9_0.18.20101201.214043.zip with Rockchip 281xDriver and is in the link provided by the user mekeca (Thanks for sharing that link)

:D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Unfortunately I downloaded and installed the wrong firmware and it got stuck at the touch screen calibration stage, then I downloaded the correct firmware and tried to reupgrade it but the upgrade failed :( and now the tablet is not even showing anything on its screen and my pc is not even detecting it.

So if someone has been in the same situation and could provide some help I would be very gratefull.

tool used is RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe

Model is A70HB

The battery charge indicator keeps red does not turn amber.

these are the last lines from the log file

11:59:17 484 <Layer:5-4> ┬┐┬¬├è┬╝├û├ÿ├å├┤├ë├¿┬▒┬©
11:59:17 484 <Layer:5-4> ├û├ÿ├å├┤├ë├¿┬▒┬©┬│├ë┬╣┬ª
11:59:17 500 <Layer:5-4> (Loader)├ë├¢┬╝┬Â┬Á├Ü├Æ┬╗┬¢├ù┬Â├Ä├ì├¬┬│├ë,┬Á├ê┬┤├¢├Å├é├ö├ÿImage
11:59:17 546 ┬Á├┤├Å├ƒ├ë├¿┬▒┬©<layer:5-4>
11:59:37 906 <Layer:5-4> Error:├ë├¢┬╝┬Â├è┬º┬░├£-Reset┬║├│┬Á├ê┬┤├¢Loader├ë├¿┬▒┬©┬│┬¼├è┬▒
11:59:37 906 Upgrade end,0 OK,1 Fail
12:00:17 625 RK2818 BatchUpgrade v1.2.3.4 Start Run
12:00:45 781 RK2818 BatchUpgrade v1.2.3.4 Start Run
12:00:48 109 ===========Image Version==========
12:00:48 109 Firmware Version:1.0.15
12:05:43 062 RK2818 BatchUpgrade v1.2.3.4 Start Run
12:05:47 421 ===========Image Version==========
12:05:47 421 Firmware Version:1.0.15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a few questions before I try to do this. 1) I see that you have to do a hard reset, will this delete all the apps and info that I have on it now? 2) If so can I transfer the apps and stuff to my external MicroSD card prior to this? I have a 7 Home Tablet V1 and I do have youtube and gmail plus lots and lots of music and pictures and books and other stuff on it that I would like to keep. Any info that would help me do this would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hello, i finally figured out how to make my PC recognize my archos 7 after i flashed CM7 to it

now i am confused, i have the update img ready from the new YAR rom, but i read somewhere that it will mess up my archos if i dont put it back to the original Archos 7 rom FIRST before putting it on another ROM

is this true? or can i just use RKAndroid to put my archos 7 from cyanogen rom to the yar rom???

or is there other procedure i need to follow, i just want to make sure i dont mess it up thanks! please reply ASAP!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:09 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Hi Untraumatized,

I just popped in that old thread again and saw your post. Maybe it already took care of itself and you figured out how to do it.
All I can say is that I swapped the ROMs back and forth without putting the original on it in-between. All you might have to do is format the internal flash with Windows, because there will be some reformatting in the allocated memory.

asgarond wrote:
I am glad I could help you :D .
Beginning to flash is always a thrilling moment.

It might be a bit tricky to work with the "Update" button.
Because the custom ROMS have different app sizes. This is achieved if the modder re-partitions the flash memory and increases the partition for the app space. If you now choose "Update" this might not be carried out correctly and this could lead to errors.

I would also recommend to save everything you want to keep from flash and sd-card to your PC and then format both drives in Windows with FAT32. Sometimes it is even required before you can see the memory in the settings.

But you will manage 8) . Every-one who spends some time on the forum will get better and better day-by-day.

For Bernstein, sorry to hear that you seem to have bricked your Archos by applying the wrong ROM. I guess it had been no ROM out of this forum.
If you use the RKAndroid software and "Update" does not work, try the "Restore"-button. I did this procedure for about 30 times, and never faced a problem.
but, of course, I always took the right ROM version for the A7OHB.

All the best

Asgarond

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys,

I'm trying to flash my Archos following this tutorial but I have a problem when I try to install RK28USB drivers on my Windows XP.
Windows doesn't install them.
I modified a line from rk28usb.inf
Instead of:

Code:
[RK28USB_Mfg.NTx86]
%RK28USB_DeviceDesc%=RK28USB_DDI, USB\VID_071b&PID_3228

I replaced it to:
Code:
[RK28USB_Mfg.NTx86]
%RK28USB_DeviceDesc%=RK28USB_DDI, USB\Vid_2207&Pid_281a

So now It works, well, at least drivers were installed. Problem is that RKAndroidRM.exe won't recognize my tablet as connected. It says "Player not found.".

Ideas? My tablet is an "Archos A7ohb"

Thanks in advance.