One of the drawbacks of the best (IMHO) firmware you have here (archospapyo 2.2 update 1 with 314 MB, aka "7HTv1_2.2b1update.img", size 56594436) is gone.It is possible to get one of two drives available in Windows
Please update the summary table in the beginning of the thread.
- Only SD card is accessible. Main 7Gb storage is still not recognized, Windows cannot even format it ("there is no disk in drive"). Though, no big deal for me.
- Seen with Windows Vista 32bit, did not check XP, but expect the same.
- This may be related to some or all of:
1) disabling USB debugging,
2) enabling non-market applications,
3) killing all applications with Advanced Task Killer before plugging the USB cable.
The "enable USB storage" window did not show up after boot, but it started to appear after I did all 3 things listed above. Rebooted (full power cycle) several times, reproduction stable
Oher glitches and workouts on the same image:
- WLAN is OFF after reflash and every power cycle, and it is not possible to enable it ("error" when I tried to enable in Wireless Settings). Workaround: from power-off menu (one that appears after sliging power/standby button to the left) select "Airplane mode ON" so all wireless is disabled, then go to main settings, enable it from there. Only worked this way for me.
- MAC address is shown as "Unavailable" in Wireless Advanced properties. Hopefully, some Unix guru can look into it.
- SD card sometimes not recognized after reboot or standby/wakeup. Workaround: remove the card, wait for some seconds until 2 messages appear in notification area: "SD card unexpectedly removed" and "SD card is now safe to remove". After that, insert the card back and wait for "preparing SD card" message, sometimes "update media library". If you don't see any, remove card and try again.
- The "USB storage in use" window change to "USB connected" when I turn off USB sharing (as expected), but does not change or close when I unplug the USB and the icon disappears from the notification area. No big deal for me, but it may be somehow related to this "Drives available in Windows" ex-problem. If someone will work on this image to straighten it up, have a look there.
- Browser crashes when finish drawing the start page, maybe when processing the location. Workaround: stop loading this page, go to settings, enter "about:blank" as a home page. Hope it disappears after I setup locations, google maps, etc - I need this feature...
- The list of sounds for ringtones, notifications, etc. is empty: there is only "Silent" in all lists. Not the deal breaker, but would be great to know if I can fix it myself.
- After installing a bunch of apps, I cannot make portrait screen orientation persisitent: it changes but immediately returns back to landscape. Same question: where to start from???
- Looking into storage section in system options, seems the main 7Gb section is not listed anywhere... not mounted? not formatted? Same question.
- Skype installs and launches, but cannot connect. Sad... It must be something in network configuration. I wish I knew more about unixes or hope there is some support thread for this image.
With all the above said, I absolutely LOVE this firmware and will continue struggling for make it doing what I need. Whoever contributed to it availability - MEGA respect!!!
Thanks guys, it all made my weekend