Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am using an Archos 7 HT running the Knight Dominion firmware update and have installed NetCaller from the google apps market. I can make a call from my Archos 7 HT that will connect me to any landline telephone number but the problem I am having is being able to talk to the person I am connecting to - they can't hear me? I had some success with pluging in a USB microphone and them actually being able to hear me but the only problem I had then was being able to hear them back in return. I went out and purchased a USB microphone headset(used for the Wii) that can allow both me being able to talk through the microphone and also allow me to hear the person I call through the headset - works fine using it with a computer in such programs as Skype but again - cannot get it to put the sound through so that I can hear the person I called. It (on some instances) allows for the person to hear me but not vice versa. Has anyone had any success using any programs that would allow for such two way communication using the Archos 7 HT? I am primarily interested in being able to install a program like Skype that will allow me to call people using my Wifi connection. I installed Skype Beta ver 1.0.0.5 but it does not allow me to make phone calls on my Archos 7 HT. Please let me know - thanks.