Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

just wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues with the first update.i have the second 0.21 update with extra app ap space. does anyone loose there wifi setting or have any issues with the first rom.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

taniman, great work! Really needed this to connect to my iPhone!

I was also wondering why I loose my settings, but the answer is very simple... The script uses the file in the wifi folder and overwrites the system file. If you edit the file it should work. Have not tried it yet.

steven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I can not believe my 7HT He worked ad hoc, amazing, you're a genius, and 0.2.1 update, thank you very much for the good work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:45 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

It works, It works!
I tried again and now it works for me.
I do not know what I have done differently. I have changed some things of the WMWifiRouter, and now it works.
Thank you very much!
Now I have a lot of space for applications, android market, root and 3G connection.
It is a very good machine for me now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

after booting up the wifi wont even turn on.i found that if i connect the usb cable to the p.c and mount the archos then unplug the cable and after the media drive updates i can turn my wifi on fine?. also even though my 7ht was saying connected to WMwifirouter and i was surfing it was actually connected to my home broadband router.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 am 
Archos User
Archos User

If your wifi do not start, copy the files according to the initial post again. Run the start-wifi.sh, turn off and turn on wifi and it should work.

For the problem of lossing stored password, this works for me:

1) Connect with normal wifi.
2) when you are connected to your normal wifi open the file wpa_supplicant.conf, there will be your connection and your password.
3) Copy the entire contents of that file to wpa_supplicant.wifi.conf. Deleting all that was before in wpa_supplicant.wifi.conf.
4) Edit the file start-adhoc.sh deleting the first two lines
"Busybox rm / flash / wifi / wpa_supplicant.wifi.conf
busybox cp / flash / wifi / wpa_supplicant.conf / flash / wifi / wpa_supplicant.wifi.conf "
5) Save and close all.
6) Run start-wifi.sh or start-adhoc.sh as required.

After do this no password lost for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

after boot up my wifi wont start at all.i have to mount it to the p.c first.i might try and reflash with the first rom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:32 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

how do I enter a WEP key? I have run a acer liquid tether using the WEP key, until now can not connect to the Archos 7 ht, I think because of the WEP key in the Archos is not configured, please help me how to configure that...
thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hallo everyone,

i have an archos 7 ht to, and when i install aps than my system memory goes down, from 35 mb and lower and lower. how can i instal the apps on the 8gb intern memory? or do i need a memory card for the apps?
i have a standart 7ht not with this firmware, i wish i had this firmware on it :).
when i install this firmware will i have the language dutch? because i am from the netherlands. (sorry for my bad english)
is it really difficult to install this firmware? and when i try witch one is the best 0.2 or 0.21?

thanks for all the help!

regards arno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

g of war wrote:
Hallo everyone,

i have an archos 7 ht to, and when i install aps than my system memory goes down, from 35 mb and lower and lower. how can i instal the apps on the 8gb intern memory? or do i need a memory card for the apps?
i have a standart 7ht not with this firmware, i wish i had this firmware on it :).
when i install this firmware will i have the language dutch? because i am from the netherlands. (sorry for my bad english)
is it really difficult to install this firmware? and when i try witch one is the best 0.2 or 0.21?

thanks for all the help!

regards arno

I think the 0.21 version is better because he's having 238mb of APP storage, far higher than its official that only 35 mb, this means you can install more applications to the Archos 7 HT, but it should be noted, procedures install the 0.21 bit different from other versions, prepare RKAndroidTool to something bad happen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for your reply!

could you please help me, what i need to do for install the 2.1.
what do i need? the configuration file en the 2.1 img file? what programs should i use for all this?
after i flash it, is the language dutch available?

when i connect my archos i can only see maps like download, video. not the wifi map and other maps..., my computer cannot find a driver automatic were can i download a driver?
will you maybe help me, and tell me step for step what to do? so i can flash it myself

thanks alot!!

regards arno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

kopral wrote:
how do I enter a WEP key? I have run a acer liquid tether using the WEP key, until now can not connect to the Archos 7 ht, I think because of the WEP key in the Archos is not configured, please help me how to configure that...
thanks

I answered my own question
edit file wpa_supplicant.adhoc like this

ctrl_interface=/data/system/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=1000
update_config=1
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2

network={
ssid="MY_WIFI_NETWORK_NAME" <--------------Wifi name
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=NONE
wep_key0="1234567800" <------- WEP key password you set
mode=1
priority=1
}

and your's archos 7HT will work on WEP key ad-hoc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

kopral wrote:
kopral wrote:
thanks

I answered my own question
edit file wpa_supplicant.adhoc like this

update_config=1
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2

network={
ssid="MY_WIFI_NETWORK_NAME" <--------------Wifi name
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=NONE
wep_key0="1234567800" <------- WEP key password you set
mode=1
priority=1
}

and your's archos 7HT will work on WEP key ad-hoc

i have edit the file like you, ownly with my own wep key and other things.
but where do i need to place this file and the update 2.1 file? must i connect my archos to the computer and then what map, and is this all what i have to do?

i have install dual file manager on the archos, now i can see on the archos self the wifi map, firmware map and more, but how can i see these maps when i connect the archos with de computer?
i hope that you will help me, i am a rookie so all the help is welcome :)

maybe another thing for keep the memory around the 35mb is, dual file manager on the archos, then go to the map where the apps are en remove them to a map on the intern memory the 8gb, or doens't work this?

thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i have edit the file like you, ownly with my own wep key and other things.
but where do i need to place this file and the update 2.1 file? must i connect my archos to the computer and then what map, and is this all what i have to do? <--- see on the first page, this is to edit the wpa_supplicant.adhoc.conf, how to install exactly the same as the first post by taniman

i have install dual file manager on the archos, now i can see on the archos self the wifi map, firmware map and more, but how can i see these maps when i connect the archos with de computer?
i hope that you will help me, i am a rookie so all the help is welcome :) <-- it should not appear on the computer, because it was stored in the system storage, to store the applications installed on your Archos

maybe another thing for keep the memory around the 35mb is, dual file manager on the archos, then go to the map where the apps are en remove them to a map on the intern memory the 8gb, or doens't work this? <-----I think not, because every file within the system storage will be influential to the process of the OS, better way try a custom rom that features a larger system storage, I use the rom from knightdominion v0.21 which has a 238MB storage system

thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

just simply informing, Configuration files from this taniman can also work on another rom, it seems only require root access only. I use the rom Himself works well with configuration files from taniman, when I use knightdominion happened a few problems, a bit heavier and always restart shutdown problems, and other problems sometimes when suspend lcd my archos recurrent blinking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

kopral wrote:
just simply informing, Configuration files from this taniman can also work on another rom, it seems only require root access only. I use the rom Himself works well with configuration files from taniman, when I use knightdominion happened a few problems, a bit heavier and always restart shutdown problems, and other problems sometimes when suspend lcd my archos recurrent blinking

i have now 0.15 from Himself, with market and more. everything works perfect, i have now more app memory, and the archos is faster now

Last edited by g of war on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

g of war wrote:
kopral wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks Himself & Kopral for sharing.

But no way, I can not connect my Archos with ad hoc WiFi (+ WEP key).
I flashed Himself's FW and it rocks !
I got a nokia E71 + Joikusoft premium (shared Wep + 64 bits Hexa).

I follow these steps (see first post) :

- I connect my archos to my pc, find the wifi folder, extract the contents of adhoc configuration files.zip to this directory (I got then 3 files and two folders (one is empty, one contains three files)). Then I edit wpa_supplicant.adhoc.conf with Windows NotePad and paste (thanks kopral) :
update_config=1
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2

network={
ssid="_Neuf" < WiFi name
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=NONE
wep_key0="1b89751234" < Joikusoft's key
mode=1
priority=1
}
- Next, I used also SUFBS (clicked on the letter S (red color for RW) and ran the script file called start-wifi.sh. Afterward I turned off my wifi and turn it on again. Several times... In vain...

I did these steps several times (from the begining) with Himself's and Sirdom's FW. No way. The network is "unreachble" in both cases. I didn't got the Wifi symbol. Joikusoft was on and works usually with other devices.

Where is/are the mistake(s) ???
I would appreciate any help !

Sam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello together,
that's the situation:
Want to connect my Archos 7 HT with my LG GM 750 WM6.5 via WMWiFiRouter2.0

When I connect my Notebook to my WMMobile WiFi everything works fine, I have a connection to the www.
(Despite I tryed this: http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB1004040/ with no change to my problem below)

Archos is flashed to 0.20, unsing the two conifigurations:

1. wifi.conf:
update_config=1

network={
ssid="MyWifiSSID"
psk="MyWPA2"
proto=RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
group=CCMP TKIP
}

2. adhoc.conf
update_config=1
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2

network={
ssid="MyAdHocSSID"
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=NONE
wep_key0="MyWepKey"
mode=1
priority=1
}

A change between conf 1 and 2 works fine, the Archos connects to the right wifi, no loss of WPA od WEP-keys.

But when I'm connected ad hoc to the Mobile (both devices say they are connected to each other) I have no access to the www (no browsing, no Mail, no downloads). Being connected to the normal wifi everything works fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
the Franconian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

samHT7 wrote:
- Next, I used also SUFBS (clicked on the letter S (red color for RW) and ran the script file called start-wifi.sh. Afterward I turned off my wifi and turn it on again. Several times... In vain...

Sam

I'm not sure if this is a mistake in the text. If not, this is not correct, you have to run the script called start-adhoc.sh to connet to your ad hoc wifi. And the script start-wifi.sh to connet to your normal wifi.