All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:42 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

TheFranconian wrote:
Hello together,
that's the situation:
Want to connect my Archos 7 HT with my LG GM 750 WM6.5 via WMWiFiRouter2.0

When I connect my Notebook to my WMMobile WiFi everything works fine, I have a connection to the www.
(Despite I tryed this: http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB1004040/ with no change to my problem below)

Archos is flashed to 0.20, unsing the two conifigurations:

1. wifi.conf:
ctrl_interface=/data/system/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=1000
update_config=1

network={
ssid="MyWifiSSID"
psk="MyWPA2"
proto=RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
group=CCMP TKIP
}

2. adhoc.conf
ctrl_interface=/data/system/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=1000
update_config=1
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2

network={
ssid="MyAdHocSSID"
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=NONE
wep_key0="MyWepKey"
mode=1
priority=1
}

A change between conf 1 and 2 works fine, the Archos connects to the right wifi, no loss of WPA od WEP-keys.

But when I'm connected ad hoc to the Mobile (both devices say they are connected to each other) I have no access to the www (no browsing, no Mail, no downloads). Being connected to the normal wifi everything works fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
the Franconian

Hi,
I had the same problem. I solved changing the WMWiFiRouter2.0 configuration. In this case maybe the problem is in WMWiFiRouter2.0 not in the archos. I don't know what i changed in WMWiFiRouter2.0, i changed configuration almost ramdonly and at the end it works. (maybe something about the proxy but i'm not sure. Maybe it worked only because I reboot the phone or the application.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

kunta kinte wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a mistake in the text. If not, this is not correct, you have to run the script called start-adhoc.sh to connet to your ad hoc wifi. And the script start-wifi.sh to connet to your normal wifi.

Hi kunta kinte,

Many thanks for you answer. Eventually I ran the wrong script... (so many times...). I misinterpret the first post (English isn't my native language).
It's on progress. Now, when i run the script, Joikusoft's hot spot is found (network ok / open network) (no padlock ??) but I don't get the WiFi icon in the notification bar (WiFi failure).

I would appreciate once again any help.

Thanks again kunta kinte for your carefully reading !
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can I apply this to any update rom or just this one?

And thank you, it works following your instructions.

However, the apps store doesn't work, nor does appslib?

Well I thought it was working, but like many others, it connects but doesn't actually work :-(

Last edited by oulzac on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

the problem is not with WMWifi or any other program out there.i too have tried all above steps.it will connect to my home
wifi router as usual but when i connect adhoc it will connect until i turn off my home router then fail even though it will say
WMwifi is connected surf as normal until the home router is turned off.after reboot wifi fails to turn on until the archos is
mounted and unmounted which makes it pointless.the other posts say himselfs rom works fine with it and they experienced
these issues with this current boot image flashed on top of sir doms.maybe something was overlooked in the boot.img which
works on himselfs and not sirdoms

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Anyone who has gotten this to work for them, what is your exact setup?

What are you using, phone? program on phone? are you using FW .20 or .21? Are you using a blank WEPA code or NONE? Who is your carrier?

I think there are more people that it is NOT working for, than it is working for.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

samHT7 wrote:
samHT7 wrote:
Now, when i run the script, Joikusoft's hot spot is found (network ok / open network) (no padlock ??) but I don't get the WiFi icon in the notification bar (WiFi failure).

Hi !

I answered myself.
I flashed again 0.15. and now I get the WiFi icon in the notification bar. I load Opera and a couple of seconds after, the icon disappears !!
Any idea ? Are you still here Kopral ?

Sam
:-(

Last edited by samHT7 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Uh, I just updated using Update.img sir dom's firmware v0.21 from the download link in this thread, and now I can not connect to my PC. It asks me to format the tablet every time I try to connect it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:20 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

oulzac wrote:
Uh, I just updated using Update.img sir dom's firmware v0.21 from the download link in this thread, and now I can not connect to my PC. It asks me to format the tablet every time I try to connect it?

Try reading the first entry here fully and you should be ok.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=35294

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ViPaSoft wrote:
oulzac wrote:

Try reading the first entry here fully and you should be ok.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=35294

Thanks, trying that now. I missed that when I looked over his thread.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:39 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

If someone has some clear instructions on how to do this with himself's image I will add them and the scripts to my webpage.

found at http://cipher.powweb.com/archos/

cheers

chris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This is driving me nuts. My A7HT will not connect. I can get my PSP, PS3 and even my netbook to connect to my phone with wmwifi in ad-hoc.

Following these steps word for word it shows I can connect, but its not actually connected.

Has anyone actually gotten this to work for them?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:24 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Yes.
It works for me. First with the modified knightdominion 0.21 rom of this thread. And after with the 0.15 version of Himself. Using a phone with windows mobile 6.1 and WMWiFiRouter2.0.

Umm. Sure this will not help. But you can try to edit the configuration file with your ad hoc wifi, with the notepad ++, selecting the option "format" -> "convert to unix". If you are editing the file in windows. As i say, I'm pretty sure this will not help. I don't think this is the problem. But you can tray. I don't have any other idea.

Last edited by kunta kinte on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Maybe I am not following the instructions correctly.
Here is what I am doing.

1. I flash the ROM onto the device.
2. I then setup normal wifi so I can connect and download SUFBS.
3. I then connect the device to my PC and extract the files out of the .zip file directly to the device, not to my pc and then copy over.
4. I then edit the ad-hoc.conf file directly on the device using word pad and just change the SSID name and save it.
5. I then disconnect the device from my PC.
6. Then I turn off wifi on the device.
7. Open up SUFBS and run /flash/wifi/scripts/start_ad-hoc (or what ever the exact name is).
8. Go into settings > wifi settings, and turn wifi back on.

It then shows its connected on both my phone and on the settings page of the device. With full signal strength. The I open browser and it fails.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:38 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

oulzac wrote:
Here is what I am doing.

3. I then connect the device to my PC and extract the files out of the .zip file directly to the device, not to my pc and then copy over.
4. I then edit the ad-hoc.conf file directly on the device using word pad and just change the SSID name and save it.
7. Open up SUFBS and run /flash/wifi/scripts/start_ad-hoc (or what ever the exact name is).

It then shows its connected on both my phone and on the settings page of the device. With full signal strength. The I open browser and it fails.

The steeps seems to be ok (for me). Try to reset your phone, your archos, or both. And try to connect again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

oulzac wrote:
Here is what I am doing.

I don't know if this helps but i recomend you don't use word pad to edit the file use note pad instead. Or another ascii editor. (notepad ++)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I will try that tomorrow. I have had enough of a headache for the day ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

samHT7 wrote:
samHT7 wrote:
samHT7 wrote:
Now, when i run the script, Joikusoft's hot spot is found (network ok / open network) (no padlock ??) but I don't get the WiFi icon in the notification bar (WiFi failure).

Hi !

I answered myself.
I flash again 0.15. and now I get the WiFi icon in the notification bar. I load Opera and a couple of seconds after, the icon disappears !!
Any idea ? Are you still here Kopral ?

Sam
:-(

I flashed again 0.15 at work. I used the WiFi hot spot to connect firstly the tablet. Then I ran the scripts and the HT don't find this time the IP adress of Joikusoft. My home router wasn't the reason for not conncting my HT to Joikusoft.

I will flash again selecting the option "format" > "convert to unix". Just to know, but... I don't believe that's the cause.
Should I try with a static IP adress in the HT7 ?

As Oulzac said "this is driving me nuts"...

What should I do now ?

@ developpers and experts : do you think that it should work in any case (once we find good settings...) ? In other words, are some devices incompatible (phones, WiFi softwares...) ?

Regards
Sam
;-(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,
I flashed again with Himself's greatest FW, converted .conf to Unix. The WiFi icon stays now in the notification bar. Joikusoft's signal is -50 dBm but no www. I reset HT 7 : same result. As kunta kinte "It shows its connected on both my phone and on the settings page of the device. With full signal strength. The I open browser and it fails."
HELP!!!
Sam
;-(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have been using firmware 0.20 with ad-hoc no password and with joikuspot for symbian.
It works everytime.

some things I could recommend you. Do not edit your files in wordpad. I can not even trust notepad.
Because when you edit the file in notepad sometimes it will give you errors when running the script because of spaces you set or because you pressed enter here and there. it is alot of trouble to edit the file safely in windows.

If you know how, I would recomend editing the .conf file using sufsb. Or some linux system.
When you run the script. check in the terminal of sufsb sometimes it will show you if something went wrong.

one last thing. Sometimes even without an ad-hoc signal your archos may tell you that it is connected to your adhoc.
first setup your ad-hoc. make sure the signal is in the air. then turn off your wifi. then run the ad-hoc script. and finally turn your wifi back on.

I hope some of this helps you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

taniman wrote:
I have been using firmware 0.20 with ad-hoc no password and with joikuspot for symbian.
It works everytime.

some things I could recommend you. Do not edit your files in wordpad. I can not even trust notepad.
Because when you edit the file in notepad sometimes it will give you errors when running the script because of spaces you set or because you pressed enter here and there. it is alot of trouble to edit the file safely in windows.

If you know how, I would recomend editing the .conf file using sufsb. Or some linux system.
When you run the script. check in the terminal of sufsb sometimes it will show you if something went wrong.

one last thing. Sometimes even without an ad-hoc signal your archos may tell you that it is connected to your adhoc.
first setup your ad-hoc. make sure the signal is in the air. then turn off your wifi. then run the ad-hoc script. and finally turn your wifi back on.

I hope some of this helps you.

Hello Taniman,
Thank you very much for your answer.
IT WORKS
Many, many, many thanks. I had connected a lot of devices with Symbian but never faced such issues.
Regard,
Sam
;-)