Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 536 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Himself wrote:
A few observations from using this update.img for a while now..

1. I haven't had to restart wifi after leaving it idle, set it and forget it pretty much.
2. Battery life during suspend is different, I know if I locked the tablet before and left it overnight then it would require recharging the next day, now it's hardly lost anything.

Maybe I'm just imagining things, I didn't change any code to cause that, just updated permissions. Anybody else notice this?

No, you are not imagining things, I have never had the wifi problem, but what I do have noticed is that the tablet in suspend state DOES suspend, ergo, the battery life improves.

Keep the good work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:04 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Himself wrote:
Hi Allen, see snapshot in first post, never thought of taking one. I used ShootMe from Appslib in audio mode, just ran my finger over the mic for half a second.

Hi mate,

I can't find ShootMe in the AppsLib, but downloaded it from the Market. I can't see how to change the settings from SHAKE to mic.

Are they the same versions or different.

I am using a rooted FW.

(By the way, the mic IS the little hole on the bottom of the A7HT, right hand side, isn't it?)

Cheers again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:01 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I just looked for the first snapshot program I could find, doesn't matter which one you use. You just press menu when it loads up and you have 3 options, shake, audio, and auto capture. It doesn't like having an sdcard in, the sdcard locks up for me when using it, so I just take it out.

I guess the microphone is on the bottom.

I would assume SirDom's firmware is rooted for everything, but he doesn't have boot.img modified, so ro.secure=1 on his, not sure if that makes a difference or not, or even if I need a modified su in mine.

Last edited by Himself on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I flash your ver.0.04 already and completed, when restart it hang in logo " Archos Entertainment your way",
I reset a lot of time is same, how can I do?

Please help!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:12 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

It can take a while to complete, how long did you wait?

When things go wrong like that, you can use RKAndroid_Eng to flash back to something else. Lock the tablet and use the hardware reset, then plug into the computer.

You can download the English version here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had the same issue, loaded the image last night and when booting it just hangs at the gear image Archos screen. I copied the file you mentioned above but the 7HT is not mounting to my PC when I plug in the USB so no way to reimage or move that file to the device.

Any help would be appreciated as I am locked up at this point.
Cheers,
Ty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:35 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

See post just above yours, reflash to the stock Archos firmware using that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Tried that, the device is no longer registering itself on the PC when I plug into the USB port.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Hi,

I am sorry you are having problems with this, I can only tell you what I do to fix problems when it occurs. There are a lot of variables, what operating system you are running, etc. It takes around 5 minutes for the update to complete, just long enough for you to think something is going wrong. :)

The slider on the top must be in the locked position. Then poke something into the reset hole. Then connect to computer. You may or may not get a prompt for a new device. The file above contains a driver, right click on "rk28usb.inf" for whatever OS you are running and select install or do whatever you are used to doing to get a driver installed. Run the program. It should say rockchip device found or some such, browse to update.img from Archos's site and select update.

Hope that helps..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks Himself !
Your update is in my archos 7 HT 8go . Installation very easy and simple !
Wifi is ok !
Calibrate ok !
To be continued !
Excuse me for my bad language but i'm french !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Himself wrote:
It can take a while to complete, how long did you wait?

When things go wrong like that, you can use RKAndroid_Eng to flash back to something else. Lock the tablet and use the hardware reset, then plug into the computer.

You can download the English version here.

Thank you for your help, My tablet hang on it over 30 minutes, I think it was broken!
and I try to RKAndriod_ENG and it can't found my tablet,
What can I do?

thanks for your help

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Himself wrote:
Hi,

I am sorry you are having problems with this, I can only tell you what I do to fix problems when it occurs. There are a lot of variables, what operating system you are running, etc. It takes around 5 minutes for the update to complete, just long enough for you to think something is going wrong. :)

The slider on the top must be in the locked position. Then poke something into the reset hole. Then connect to computer. You may or may not get a prompt for a new device. The file above contains a driver, right click on "rk28usb.inf" for whatever OS you are running and select install or do whatever you are used to doing to get a driver installed. Run the program. It should say rockchip device found or some such, browse to update.img from Archos's site and select update.

Hope that helps..

It always shown test device failed! please re-plug-in device!

please help!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Himself wrote:
Hi,

Hope that helps..

Where can I download the "rk28usd.inf" ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:46 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

The driver is in the archive.

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=34452&p=231443&hilit=begem0t#p231443

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks all for help!

My tablet can restart again and run in normal!

thanks very much!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:11 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Glad to hear it! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:53 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Progress update on getting read/write /system:

So far I have an extra partition that gets formatted and all the contents of /system copied to at boot. However trying to umount /system in init.sh doesn't work, leaves me with two /system mounts, I could try umount -f but that would be delaying the problem. Stumbling block is getting something in the rc script to do it before the "on boot" part gets run, otherwise there are services referencing /system and I can't unmount it. One solution would be have two flashes, one to set up the extra /system and another to mount it directly. But I would rather not have to deal with that. General concept here being to do an initial setup and then switch to the new read/write system, leaving the old one where it is for use in autorepair.

The problem with just using an ext3 type system.img is the size, it involves making room for an uncompressed file system and extra room for backup to store the larger update.img. Not having a lot of luck resizing/moving system partitions.

Oh, I also can modify .apk files used by the system, moved the clock over to the first screen by editing Launcher.apk's xml file.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

nice to hear.... hope to have a new update from you the next days.... :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well done.
Does it works on Archos 7HT 2Gb ?
I'd like to see app2SD on Archos 7HT in the near future.
Keep up the good work !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:32 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Thanks,

I don't know why it wouldn't, the firmware is the same starting off and the changes are not something that would take up more space.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 536 Next