Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same reason. Version mismatch.
Archos tablets run a range of Android versions from 1.5 to 2.3 or even newer.
An application written for newer Android will not install or will crash with older OS version.
The YT version you dl'ed from Wiki might be too new for 1.5, you need an older one.
I don't have tablet with me to check the version, it looked like 1.2 or 1.3.
Still wondering, why don't you see youtube app already installed with this image...
I remember I installed firmware I downloaded from this thread for the only reason: "youtube included" was in the description.
Go 2...4 pages back in this thread, people asked this question and uploaded the app many times, maybe some links are still alive. Either you find the right version, or the modded image with it. The latest V0.28 mod with YouTube pre-installed may be not in the thread header, but a couple of pages back here.
Good luck,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks a lot for your help. i went and found a youtube v1.3 and installed it and it is working well. Now you keep saying to check what was installed with the version of this ROM, but im confused. How am i supposed to do that? I goto settings -> manage applications and all it lets me do is see what i already saw on my menu and uninstall them... there is no applications list that i can find anywhere on my Archos so what are you refering too when you say to go look in the applications list of things that came with this version.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

zuguor wrote:
anyone know how to install skyfire for v028, it does not appear in the market

Greetings

I just downloaded and installed Skyfire from the Android Market. It's available in the "free" communications section. It's the only browser I've found that will allow me to tap on links in email and see videos and pictures in them too. I paid the $2.99 for the "license" for the video. I figured it was well worth it for the features it has.

RJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@AlphaXero:

Settings / Manage Applications, or standard application menu, either is OK and this was all I meant, sorry for confusion.
If you didn't see youtube there after full (clean) reinstall, then it was not included in the version of firmware you using.
And this most likely means the image you have is not the same that I downloaded from this thread and installed (yar0.28a.rar posted on or after 15 June 2011).
But as long as you have youtube running, it does not matter, enjoy ;)

rowdyjoe wrote:
I just downloaded and installed Skyfire from the Android Market. It's available in the "free" communications section.

Can you confirm you have the same hardware (A7HT) and it is running the same firmware as posted in this thread?
And which Android Market you used - Archos (included with factory firmware), or standard Google?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK this is a small update. Nothing major. I have sold my Archos 7 and got an Archos 70 instead (loving it!), so this may very well be my last update for the 7.

Build 0.28b is nothing major just removed IO_File Manager since it still gets updated regularly in the market. If you don't care about that and already have 0.28a, then don't bother!

0.29 is a more direct update from Himself's 0.28, as i decided to keep what he left in from 0.28, and just include the
extra stuff i put in 0.28b. So it still has the audio folder and the Browser.apk and no OI File manager like 0.28b. So to simplify if you don't want the crappy Archos Browser.apk nor the Audio folder, get 0.28b if you want them, get 0.29!

Build 0.28b
changes since 0.28a:
* Removed IO_FileManager.apk - Realized that since this app still gets regular updates not worth having it in the system/apps folder. Just Download it from the market!
* Nothing else has changed!
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z7y8u8xjq1f81di

This is a build i made and loaded on the Archos I sold.
Build 0.29
Changes since 0.28:
* Updated SU and Superuser to 2.3.6.1
* Added Android Market App (from Himself's Market Install package)
* Added Android Terminal (Courtesy of Jack Palevich)
* Added PDFViewer (Courtesy of Maciej)
* Added Spare Parts (Courtesy of Android Apps)
* Added YouTube 1.3 (Courtesy of Google - Last Version to Support Android 1.5 - It will not do full screen, but it works!)
* Added OI_About.apk - file needed by OI File Manager and other OI apps
* Added GScript (Courtesy of Pink Venture)
* Added Clicker.apk (This is for the Jonas IME HTC Keyboard MOD - which has not been added yet as it needs to be modified to use the entire width of the device for the keyboard)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?bq8aic3ewe99bif

Note: all the APKs i've added are apps that have never been updated from their initial release, or are the last versions that support Android 1.5.

YouTube v1.3 APK for Android 1.5 (For those who were looking for it!) - http://www.mediafire.com/?mwa2j9a88j9qhae

I've included the standard install APKs that come with the original Archos Firmware, plus the manual and the SlideMe android market, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?owr5wr55pgljl9g

Finally... as always flash at your own risk! i'm not responsible if your tablet bricks, grows legs, breathes fire, or shocks you!

Hope you guys like it, and i hope it works great for you all!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

dracodos wrote:
OK this is a small update. Nothing major. I have sold my Archos 7 and got an Archos 70 instead (loving it!), so this may very well be my last update for the 7.

Build 0.28b is nothing major just removed IO_File Manager since it still gets updated regularly in the market. If you don't care about that and already have 0.28a, then don't bother!

0.29 is a more direct update from Himself's 0.28, as i decided to keep what he left in from 0.28, and just include the
extra stuff i put in 0.28b. So it still has the audio folder and the Browser.apk and no OI File manager like 0.28b. So to simplify if you don't want the crappy Archos Browser.apk nor the Audio folder, get 0.28b if you want them, get 0.29!

Build 0.28b
changes since 0.28a:
* Removed IO_FileManager.apk - Realized that since this app still gets regular updates not worth having it in the system/apps folder. Just Download it from the market!
* Nothing else has changed!
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z7y8u8xjq1f81di

This is a build i made and loaded on the Archos I sold.
Build 0.29
Changes since 0.28:
* Updated SU and Superuser to 2.3.6.1
* Added Android Market App (from Himself's Market Install package)
* Added Android Terminal (Courtesy of Jack Palevich)
* Added PDFViewer (Courtesy of Maciej)
* Added Spare Parts (Courtesy of Android Apps)
* Added YouTube 1.3 (Courtesy of Google - Last Version to Support Android 1.5 - It will not do full screen, but it works!)
* Added OI_About.apk - file needed by OI File Manager and other OI apps
* Added GScript (Courtesy of Pink Venture)
* Added Clicker.apk (This is for the Jonas IME HTC Keyboard MOD - which has not been added yet as it needs to be modified to use the entire width of the device for the keyboard)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?bq8aic3ewe99bif

Note: all the APKs i've added are apps that have never been updated from their initial release, or are the last versions that support Android 1.5.

YouTube v1.3 APK for Android 1.5 (For those who were looking for it!) - http://www.mediafire.com/?mwa2j9a88j9qhae

I've included the standard install APKs that come with the original Archos Firmware, plus the manual and the SlideMe android market, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?owr5wr55pgljl9g

Finally... as always flash at your own risk! i'm not responsible if your tablet bricks, grows legs, breathes fire, or shocks you!

Hope you guys like it, and i hope it works great for you all!

i tried flashing to .29 but nothing could get root access. did i do something wrong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello! I have tried 0.28b and my device bricked on 3rd reboot. At first time after update work fine. But when i use for some times, shutdown and power on next day don't start, full screen splash logo appears but no more.

For youtube app not needed for watch videos. This because youtube update stream system for mobile and now show moble video in rtsp format instead of flash. This if visit youtube at http://m.youtube.com instead of www.youtube.com.

I think to got HTC Flyer because Archos tablet 7 v1 is an good product but limited only for android cupcake, Archos 5 is very good but out of store and 48 not included gps receiver. I think to remove my car stereo and replace with tablet included with FM radio receiver and external amplifier. I'm afraid Archos and Rockchip producer limiting android version for our tablet only because new version of chip released.

Thanks

Post subject: Root & Bricking....
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

fabcal & gnuworldoder: How did you guys flash it, i assume using RKAndroid?

If so did you use choose 'Update' or 'Restore' in the app? I'd recommend Restore if you are coming from a different ROM. Update should work if you were already on Himself's 0.28 or the previous update i made. If not, again, try Restore.

I noted that in the 0.28a build but realized i forgot to mention it again on this release.

gnuworldorder: 0.29 was actually 0.28a with the files i removed added back in. What apps did you try? And did any work in the original 0.28 or my 0.28a update? I'm pretty sure i used the Android 1.5, files from ChainsDD (My very first attempt i had accidentally used the Android 2.0 files so nothing got root access. made me crazy until i realized what i did). If anything i can add in the 1.5 files again and rebuild it.

I noticed that some apps will not get root access, not sure if it's because many are designed for 2.0+ or higher. A good example is Quickboot. Any others work fine, like Root Explorer. I believe Titanium works but can't recall now.

fabcal: The bricking part surprises me, as 0.28b just has the IO file manager removed. Nothing else was changed at all! I was running the 0.28a build on mine for a few weeks, and it's been rebooted (mostly because i've let the battery die), a bunch of times

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:13 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Can anyone point me to a working download of the RKAndroid tool? The ones I found here are no longer working.
Thanks

Post subject: HoneyComb???????
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

sorry! that's not honeycomb (we all know this device can't run the new os :evil: )
this only the theme for v0.28
just wait, i will release soon :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:56 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

chriscsh - wow that looks good! Make me almost wish i didn't sell off my Archos 7 ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:55 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

@chriscsh-Awesome work!.Can you tell us of a date when it will be release.

Also,can you write a short tutorial about how you edited and loaded the framework-res.apk on the A7HT.This could provide some great themes :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

garry804 wrote:
@chriscsh-Awesome work!.Can you tell us of a date when it will be release.

Also,can you write a short tutorial about how you edited and loaded the framework-res.apk on the A7HT.This could provide some great themes :)

thanks, the theme is almost done :D
i still search another home launcher for cupcake to replace the stock one
will release it soon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@dracodos i'm using RKdroid for flash. I've tried both update mode and restore mode. But after several times my archos freeze. I think little differences in hw of my tablet because is carrefour edition.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ejanssens wrote:
Can anyone point me to a working download of the RKAndroid tool? The ones I found here are no longer working.
Thanks

Here ya go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0h0yxcva4vt9ptc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

v0.28-hc1

2011-08-10
base on the v0.28 (thanks Himself)
HoneyComb Theme
and add some other stuff (can't remember, sorry :p)

download:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2675305994/v028_hc1.img
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2llv0p

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:10 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

@chriscsh-Well done =D>

But i don't want to reflash my current firmware and lose all my apps :( .So can you please upload the framework-res.apk for those who just want the theme.

Also please try and remember the new features :D

Thanks.You did a great job.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

garry804 wrote:
@chriscsh-Well done =D>

But i don't want to reflash my current firmware and lose all my apps :( .So can you please upload the framework-res.apk for those who just want the theme.

yes, sure, i will upload the framework by tomorrow :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

v028_hc1 framework-res.apk

download
https://rapidshare.com/files/2302810247/framework.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e6rfr5

enjoy :lol:

@ garry804
how do u only replace the framework-res.apk
i try the adb, but it can't find my device
and also try the rootexplorer, but no luck :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 am 
Archos User
Archos User

@chriscsh-Follow this tutorial to get ADB working:
Code:
forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=41171

Then push framework-res.apk to /system/framework using this command:
Code:
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 Next