OK this is a small update. Nothing major. I have sold my Archos 7 and got an Archos 70 instead (loving it!), so this may very well be my last update for the 7.
Build 0.28b is nothing major just removed IO_File Manager since it still gets updated regularly in the market. If you don't care about that and already have 0.28a, then don't bother!
0.29 is a more direct update from Himself's 0.28, as i decided to keep what he left in from 0.28, and just include the
extra stuff i put in 0.28b. So it still has the audio folder and the Browser.apk and no OI File manager like 0.28b. So to simplify if you don't want the crappy Archos Browser.apk nor the Audio folder, get 0.28b if you want them, get 0.29!
changes since 0.28a:
* Removed IO_FileManager.apk - Realized that since this app still gets regular updates not worth having it in the system/apps folder. Just Download it from the market!
* Nothing else has changed!
This is a build i made and loaded on the Archos I sold.
Changes since 0.28:
* Updated SU and Superuser to 22.214.171.124
* Added Android Market App (from Himself's Market Install package)
* Added Android Terminal (Courtesy of Jack Palevich)
* Added PDFViewer (Courtesy of Maciej)
* Added Spare Parts (Courtesy of Android Apps)
* Added YouTube 1.3 (Courtesy of Google - Last Version to Support Android 1.5 - It will not do full screen, but it works!)
* Added OI_About.apk - file needed by OI File Manager and other OI apps
* Added GScript (Courtesy of Pink Venture)
* Added Clicker.apk (This is for the Jonas IME HTC Keyboard MOD - which has not been added yet as it needs to be modified to use the entire width of the device for the keyboard)
Note: all the APKs i've added are apps that have never been updated from their initial release, or are the last versions that support Android 1.5.
YouTube v1.3 APK for Android 1.5 (For those who were looking for it!) - http://www.mediafire.com/?mwa2j9a88j9qhae
I've included the standard install APKs that come with the original Archos Firmware, plus the manual and the SlideMe android market, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?owr5wr55pgljl9g
Finally... as always flash at your own risk! i'm not responsible if your tablet bricks, grows legs, breathes fire, or shocks you!
Hope you guys like it, and i hope it works great for you all!