Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 Next
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No one able to help me???

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What exactly isn't working when you try to play an audio file.
* Does the audio player crash?
* Or... is the player running and but no audio is being output from the device.

I've had some bad luck with this device. I'll use it for maybe 10-20 min, and the audio will stop working which requires me to reboot the tablet.

By default, the firmware has 2 installed audio players (correct me if I'm wrong).
Copy your audio mp3 files to the micro sd card.
Drag the right hand arrow to see all of your apps. You should see "Audio Player" or "Music". Click on either app.
If the tablet was able to read your micro sd card, you will see many of the mp3's that were on there.
Go ahead and click on any of the audio files. They should play. Otherwise, it might be necessary to reinstall your custom firmware with rkandroid.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

anyone know how to install skyfire for v028, it does not appear in the market

Greetings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

First i just want to say thanks to Himself for all the work he's done with the 1.5 stock ROM.

OK since this is my first attempt at ANY sort of ROM building, i decided to start simple and make some APK changes for the Himself 0.28 ROM. This is just a small update with some additions i've made. so i'm just calling it 0.28a. Do an update with RKAndroid if you are already using 0.28, otherwise best to choose Restore.

Changes:
* Updated SU and Superuser to 2.3.6.1
* Added Android Market App (from Himself's Market Install package)
* Added IO File Manager (Courtesy of IO - Just can't stand the default Archos File Manager)
* Added Android Terminal (Courtesy of Jack Palevich)
* Added PDFViewer (Courtesy of Maciej)
* Added Papyrus (Courtesy of Chris Lathan)
* Added Spare Parts (Courtesy of Android Apps)
* Added YouTube 1.3 (Courtesy of Google - Last Version to Support Android 1.5 - It will not do full screen, but it works!)
* Added GScript (Courtesy of Pink Venture)
* Added Clicker.apk (This is for the Jonas IME HTC Keyboard MOD - which has not been added yet as I need to play with APK so it will use the entire width of the device for the keyboard)
* Removed the entire AUDIO folder under system/media (The sounds just annoy me, dunno about you guys) Can always add your own in the internal storage or SD card
* Removed Explorer.apk (Crappy Archos 'Files' app)
* Nothing else has changed!

Note: all the APKs i've added, with the exception of IO File Manager, are apps that have never been updated from their initial release, or are the last versions that support Android 1.5.

If you need apps from the APK folder that Archos, or himself, provides, you can just pull it from either package.

Finally... as always flash at your own risk! i'm not responsible if your tablet bricks, grows legs, breathes fire, or shocks you!

Oh and comments, constructive criticism, etc... are welcome!

If anyone prefers a build with the minimum of the new stuff: New Superuser, Market, Terminal, Spare Parts, Clicker, & YouTube let me know.
Or if anyone has good suggestions of alternate apps to replace the rather bland Archos apps.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vyqmno4bi31bd39

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for your works :)
I install without problem ( before 0.27 )
Market , video , music , it's ok !
Wifi reconize quickly , web ok !
Very good !
Excuse for my language, but i'm french ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you dracodos...this small update brings a breath of life to a neglected device. ARCHOS does not care so it`s up to users.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I purchased from Woot

Model A70HB
Firmware 1.0.15
Kernal version 2.6.25
root@cong-deskto #1639
Build number
RK-1.2.9.eng.root.20100028.160408

What do I have based on this data?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can the VLC media player be used with the Archos? I am not fully understanding the references to can't play video because of new driver needed. The driver seems to be unobtainium. Could someone do a short tutorial of the various video/audio programs and formats in this v.28a update and what other media programs will work with it, and where available?

I have a lot of videos that I have played on my Western Digital HDTV plus media player. Usually with mkv or avi suffix. Is it likely I can put the videos on the Archos and play them?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mmt wrote:
Can the VLC media player be used with the Archos? I am not fully understanding the references to can't play video because of new driver needed. The driver seems to be unobtainium. Could someone do a short tutorial of the various video/audio programs and formats in this v.28a update and what other media programs will work with it, and where available?

I have a lot of videos that I have played on my Western Digital HDTV plus media player. Usually with mkv or avi suffix. Is it likely I can put the videos on the Archos and play them?

I have the same model of archos you have and I was not able to install VLC on it.
When I watch video files I Use the pre installed video player, or the Meridian Video Player.

Meridian is a bit heavy, but it plays, avi (divx or xvid) mpeg, flv with subtitles (srt files) smootly depending on video dimensions and filesize.
but It doesn't have the video codecs for mkv (it plays audio only). On those cases I Usually recode the videos on my PC. For this I use the XMedia Recode Software on my desktop.
It has a preset for Archos 7 and reads almost every kind of video file or rips video directly from DVD disks.

Here is the link
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/XMedia_Recode

there's some tutorial links on the end of this page.

I Hope this help

Mauricio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Have anyone managed to get Amazon Kindle reader working on this version?
(it doesn't install on CupCake, but maybe a sort of hack or decompile-rebuild is possible?...)

Or what would you advise for the most advanced ebook reading app?
By "advanced" I mean reading noDRM ePub files featuring pictures, hyperlinks, table of contents, bookmarks, an *OFFLINE* dictionary integration is a must!
[for Android 1.5, I've only seen FORA Dictionary available, maybe someone have better suggestions]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks this worked a treat even though I couldn't find my USB cable.

I put my sd card in usb reader, plugged it directly into the pc and copy the .img file to it.

Then I put the card into the tablet, accessed the .img file from the tablet files icon, tapped on the .img file and it installed.

I do lose the usb capability, my external keyboard/hub no longer activate.

Ah well back to the original.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Titus A Duxass,

You better follow a standard well-explained procedure to upgrade firmware over USB.
If you lost your micro-USB cable, you can buy an adapter from a standard mini-USB to micro-USB which you see on Archos, and then use any cheap USB cable which you may have a lot.
I bought such an adaper on Ebay for $1 including shipping from China to USA (really!) and it is working properly.

Other ways to upgrade may or may not work, and if you get your tablet stuck you'll be on your own, because your situation may appear unique and nobody will have any idea how to help you - you don't want it to happen, right?

Good luck,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Following up on this.
In hindsight this wasn't the smartest thing that I've done.
I now have a useless 7HT, no USB function, no free internal memory and a permanently unmounted sd card.

So my tip is - don't try and upgrade over a usb card.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Did you follow all steps of the known recovery procedure?
I mean:
- power off (shut down) the tablet,
- move switch to "lock" position,
- (optional) push and hold "reset" pinhole for 10 seconds or more,
- install RK chipset drivers on Windows machine (download link available in this forum),
- connect power adapter to the tablet
- connect with PC USB directly (don't use any hubs, make sure USB port is working),
- run the RK update utility on Windows (download link available from the same place)
- check if the utility displays message like "device connected" or something else?
In case the utility does not see your tablet, try other USB port, other USB cable, maybe other PC.
I think it's too early to give up.

Good luck,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OneMore wrote:
Did you follow all steps of the known recovery procedure?
I mean:
- power off (shut down) the tablet,
- move switch to "lock" position,
- (optional) push and hold "reset" pinhole for 10 seconds or more,
- install RK chipset drivers on Windows machine (download link available in this forum),
- connect power adapter to the tablet
- connect with PC USB directly (don't use any hubs, make sure USB port is working),
- run the RK update utility on Windows (download link available from the same place)
- check if the utility displays message like "device connected" or something else?
In case the utility does not see your tablet, try other USB port, other USB cable, maybe other PC.
I think it's too early to give up.

Good luck,

Thanks for the pointers I will give it a try when I receive a new USB cable and when I can get Windows XP installed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there,

I Just got my A7HT and i installed V0.28 on it earlier, it seems to be working alright, but when i try to run the market after installing i just keep getting an error " a server error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the previous screen." It does this no matter how many times i try. Does anyone have any hints for me?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

There is a short readme.txt in the archive explaining this situation and how to fix it.
Basically, clean application cache (not data) and reboot the device (reset or shut down completely and power up)
But, strangely enough, after I used browser, youtube and Archos market, this error disappeared anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OneMore wrote:
There is a short readme.txt in the archive explaining this situation and how to fix it.
Basically, clean application cache (not data) and reboot the device (reset or shut down completely and power up)
But, strangely enough, after I used browser, youtube and Archos market, this error disappeared anyway.

Thanks for the info. I got it working now =D. But how do you view youtube? I cannot find an app in the market for that and i dont see one on there from when i installed the V0.28.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It seems, YouTube application does not officially support Android 1.5, so you will not find it on the market (a version check is performed there).
But look in the list of applications, it must be already included with this image. I see it in my list, but I as did not erase everything before I changed the firmware, I am not sure where it came from.
If you don't see it there, I think you can download this app from the forum and install manually.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hmm i downloaded the youtube app from the archos.wiki on this site and i keep getting an error saying it cannot be installed on my phone. Any ideas why?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 Next