First i just want to say thanks to Himself for all the work he's done with the 1.5 stock ROM.
OK since this is my first attempt at ANY sort of ROM building, i decided to start simple and make some APK changes for the Himself 0.28 ROM. This is just a small update with some additions i've made. so i'm just calling it 0.28a. Do an update with RKAndroid if you are already using 0.28, otherwise best to choose Restore.
* Updated SU and Superuser to 220.127.116.11
* Added Android Market App (from Himself's Market Install package)
* Added IO File Manager (Courtesy of IO - Just can't stand the default Archos File Manager)
* Added Android Terminal (Courtesy of Jack Palevich)
* Added PDFViewer (Courtesy of Maciej)
* Added Papyrus (Courtesy of Chris Lathan)
* Added Spare Parts (Courtesy of Android Apps)
* Added YouTube 1.3 (Courtesy of Google - Last Version to Support Android 1.5 - It will not do full screen, but it works!)
* Added GScript (Courtesy of Pink Venture)
* Added Clicker.apk (This is for the Jonas IME HTC Keyboard MOD - which has not been added yet as I need to play with APK so it will use the entire width of the device for the keyboard)
* Removed the entire AUDIO folder under system/media (The sounds just annoy me, dunno about you guys) Can always add your own in the internal storage or SD card
* Removed Explorer.apk (Crappy Archos 'Files' app)
* Nothing else has changed!
Note: all the APKs i've added, with the exception of IO File Manager, are apps that have never been updated from their initial release, or are the last versions that support Android 1.5.
If you need apps from the APK folder that Archos, or himself, provides, you can just pull it from either package.
Finally... as always flash at your own risk! i'm not responsible if your tablet bricks, grows legs, breathes fire, or shocks you!
Oh and comments, constructive criticism, etc... are welcome!
If anyone prefers a build with the minimum of the new stuff: New Superuser, Market, Terminal, Spare Parts, Clicker, & YouTube let me know.
Or if anyone has good suggestions of alternate apps to replace the rather bland Archos apps.