Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 36 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

"What is the best Youtube app to use with the v.28 configuration?"

I'd like to know this also...cannot get any youtube to play even though I've tried a couple of different apps....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:56 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Am I correct in the assumption that loading any of these ROMs affects the video playback? All of my encodes play perfectly on every device but my 7ht, at least since I loaded YAR. Now the videos I try to play are all artifact-y and almost unwatchable. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:10 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Anything above 1.5 will need recompiled dsp drivers for the video playback, without that you have standard Android software support for h.264 (correct this if it's wrong, could be some other number) and that's it unless a player includes codecs for other formats. Nobody has the source for the dsp except rockchip and they have moved on to other things. It's the difference between having and not having a video card in a computer, with one you might be able to play games, without it, you are rendering each frame by frame on the cpu.

This rom is stock plus enhancements, everything is stock so it's no different from the official firmware when it comes to playing content.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the response, and many congratulations and thanks for your awesome work. I am very grateful.

Himself wrote:
Anything above 1.5 will need recompiled dsp drivers for the video playback, without that you have standard Android software support for h.264

So if my file is in h.264 (which it is), I should be able to play back without issue. So I guess I have the settings too high on Handbrake when converting to h.264

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It didn't like my h264 when I tried playing back because I kept 5.1 aac audio, im guessing it didn't have enough power to do the video + that. Make sure your down sampling the audio too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yea, I brought it down to mp3 stereo and still got the artifacts. I think I now have about 18 versions of the last chapter of Michael Clayton floating around my laptop. Thanks for the suggestion though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

what is super user program

and plz tell me how can i play .wmv media files

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 am 
Archos User
Archos User

wmv is not possible since the new official firmware (0.28 is based on it) and it cant be hacked in again, because the video driver seems encrypted.
This is also the reason all the custom >1.5 fm cannot play videos.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thanks for reply
plz told me how can use

super user permission program

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bit the bullet and installed YAR 0.28 last week. Bought a refurb from tigerdirect too, which someone tried to root and left messed up. APKtool fixed that problem thanks to directions found here.
Only two minor issues... video playback of movies ripped using Handbrake not quite right yet. Still tweaking. I too have 20 copies of a movie from the various combinations tried. Second:Also hit a limit and can't install more apps even though memory is available??

Youtube works fine. Found the links here somewhere to version for cupcake but don't recall which forum...

Many thanks to all who have put so much effort into improving the A7HT !!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Got a refurbed Archos 7 from tigerdirect and loaded YAR V0.28 without any problems. I am trying to set a .jpg file I've loaded into the pictures directory as my wallpaper and when I try to select the wallpaper from 'Pictures' I get an error message:
"The application Photo Viewer (process android.rk.RocPhotoViewer) has stopped unexpectedly. Plese try again."
I've retried several times and get the same message. Otherwise the photoviewer works fine from the main screen.
Any idea what's wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok, now my browser won't load either. I had tried to install an app called QuickPic and when it was installing I got the message:
"The application Browser (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
Now I get the same message every time I try to start the browser.
Help.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Got it fixed (both problems) when I did a hard reset....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few weeks reading these boards and finally worked up the courage to flash my 7ht with this image. And wow, what a difference! Big thanks for Himself and everyone else involved in the development of this image. Everything seems to work as good or better plus now I have access to so many more apps.

Only one problem I've come across. With the factory image (with Sept update), I was able to use Slacker radio. I am not able to stream or even cache any channels now. The application opens, but when I try to stream a station it does not respond just gives me an option to wait or force close it. When I tried to cache a station, it gave an error code 505.

Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Found a solution: Deleted Slacker radio, installed appslib and downloaded it through appslib. It now works. I'm guessing it's a different version than the one downloaded through Market?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just bought the v1 and it crashes every time I try to open the browser. Will Yar v 0.27
or v.28 fix this?

Where do we down load version 28?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Are there detailed instructions for the V.28 like there is for v.27? :?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have loaded Yar V0.28 on my Archos 7 and it is working fine. When I try to connect to my home WiFi I have to have it broadcasting it's SSID for me to be able to connect. Am I missing a setting to allow it to connect even if my WiFi router isn't broadcasting? Or can Yar V0.28 be updated to allow this?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:14 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

That is normal, it's how the stock rom works.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello!

First of all, i have to say that i'm a newbie and my english is not the best! So sorry for silly questions or errors in writing. :-)

Well, i'v installed v0.28 as in the instructions (it was so easy, that i understood it - thanks to and for all!)

But no, i have a problem... I can't play any mp3-files. I've installed a-player and the other player from the market, but non of those to is working...

Please help me what i can do or what i have done wrong!

Many thanks in advance,
Raoul.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 36 Next