Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 7:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:29 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

superdave wrote:
The way I have found from the members here is to drop the update.img file directly into the root directory of the device. You need to do this via the usb connection. After the file is moved click disconnect usb on your 7ht and it will ask if you want to install update. Click yes and be sure your battery charger is connected. Be patient it may take a while to reboot. Good luck!

Hi,

Copying to the root of the device will work if the partition setups are the same. If you have update.img in internal memory and you try to flash a custom firmware that has a different partition setup, you might run into problems, best to use the sdcard instead. The firmware is usually copied to the backup partition, but the internal memory partition is no longer valid.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Flashed the 0.2 img on my 7HT 2gig en works like a mirakel. Thanks amazing work =D> . Now this machine makes sence :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just installed your 0.2.1 img....works like a charm, thanks for that, I really wanted the extra space for apps!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

installed 0.2.1 img, works like a charm, thanks! needed the extra app space!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

how about a similar rom with a newer version of android?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Please Help me . I own an Archos7 HT . I tried to install the unbrickeable and I followed Step by step your instructions but when I disconected from the USB I get a message that says FOUND AN INVALID FIRMWARE IMAGE FILE/FLASH/UPDATE.IMG and prompt me to delete it . I deleted and do it again a lot of times but always it's the same answer . The same happens if I try to download and install the firmware from the ARCHOS site updated . What can I do ? Now I have more problems because my actual firmware doesn't load completely and I get a message that says SORRY THE PROCESS ANDROID PROCESS.ACORE has stopped unexpectedly . PLEASE TRY AGAIN and prompt me to FORCE CLOSE . I do this and everytime the message appears again and again . I like my mini TABLET but now I am very frustated and dissapointed because I can't use . Please guide me trough the steps to make it working again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

followed instructions and it claims to be not rooted when i run the overclock widget. it appears to be with the custom boot screen how can i tell?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

FranklinF5 wrote:
Please Help me . I own an Archos7 HT . I tried to install the unbrickeable and I followed Step by step your instructions but when I disconected from the USB I get a message that says FOUND AN INVALID FIRMWARE IMAGE FILE/FLASH/UPDATE.IMG and prompt me to delete it . I deleted and do it again a lot of times but always it's the same answer . The same happens if I try to download and install the firmware from the ARCHOS site updated . What can I do ? Now I have more problems because my actual firmware doesn't load completely and I get a message that says SORRY THE PROCESS ANDROID PROCESS.ACORE has stopped unexpectedly . PLEASE TRY AGAIN and prompt me to FORCE CLOSE . I do this and everytime the message appears again and again . I like my mini TABLET but now I am very frustated and dissapointed because I can't use . Please guide me trough the steps to make it working again.

the update goes right on the root of the archos not in any folders or anything as soon as you click my computer and click on archo drag and drop it right there dont go into the flash folder or anything like that

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm late to the Archos 7HT game. Tried to download and install v. 3 and I get a CRC error and no install. Any thoughts? (Yes, I'm using an 8 Gig Archos 7 home tablet)

Sorry if this has been covered before. While this forum is fantastic, much of it is tl;dr.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am one of the first to post to this thread in several months, but I have a few questions which I need to have answered before I flash Sir Dom's 2.1 OS on my Archos 7 HT. I just purchased an A7 OHB, which is the newer version of the A7 HT with Android 2.1 pre-installed. Should I even perform this installation? Will I be loading what is essentially an older Android version on the A7? What version android apps will I be able to install on the tablet if I perform the custom upgrade (Android 1.6 or 2.1)? Could someone provide me a link to the latest version of Dom's 2.1 update? Also, should the tablet be flashed with the SD card installed or with it removed from the unit? Finally, is there any adapter that will act as a host controller and allow me to connect a flash drive to the tablet which will be recognized by it? Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

why it tells me that I have 1 mb to install apps???? is that true? I'm supossed 2 have 290 don't I?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Currently using 0.2.1 and loving it. Has everything I need. Thanks Dom for this. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What a pleasure :D to find someone who can give plain easy to understand instructions on upgrading my Archos 7HT with 0.2.1. I only recently got this tablet, actually the second, the first nearly got bricked but eventually went back to the shop because I still couldn't load any usefull Apps onto it and I suspect it had an under'lying fault. So after some time spent on the net & I found this Forum and took the plunge and loaded the new img into my second tablet. I can now load Apps and it seems to run faster that the original firmware. I will be studying this forum for updates that hopefully will make my tablet even more usable, why couldn't Archos have come up with workable firmware? Thanks knightdominion for such a good bit of work.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21