As promised, here we go. Standard disclaimer follows:Disclaimer:
I have not had any issues with this build but that does not mean that there are no issues. I will not be held responsible for any bad things that happen if YOU install this on YOUR device.
All my builds are currently for the 8GB version. If you have a 2GB version take EXTRA caution and be sure you want to be the first to try this.
Now that that's out of the way, lets begin. Below is the link for a rooted version of my ROM and also includes Google Apps as seen in "Operation Unbrickable: The quest for Google Apps". Let me explain what "rooted" means. The the best of what I have been able to find, rooted allows apps to run as superuser or "su" or sudo, all of which means that they are running as the root user. This can play havoc on your device if you aren't VERY careful and pay attention to what apps are asking for what permission. To help fight illicit apps asking for su I included the superuser app in this build. This app will pop-up when ever an app asks for su permissions and you can allow or deny and there is also an option to always allow or always deny the app.
This build also has the contacts.apk file pre-installed but you will still need to reinstall the contactsprovider.apk file in order to get Google contacts to sync properly.
- All Google Apps work
- Apps that require root work!!!
- ADB SU works (after typing su in ADB be sure you click accept in the superuser app pop-up on the device)
The not so good:
- Still need to reinstall googlecontactsprovider.apk to get contacts sync to work
- None that I know of (prepares to put foot in mouth)
Still to come:
- Increased app space
Added files not in standard Archos build:
- All the files for the market and apps
- special su file in system/bin chmod'd to 06755
- edited su file in system/xbin chmod'd to 755 and chown'd to root:root
I haven't had too much time to play with this other then initial testing so this is released as a BETA build.
As always, PLEASE let me know of any issues or additional things you would like to see in the general build that are not already on the "Still to come" list.If you would like to donate:DONATEDownload version 0.2 img here:http://www.mediafire.com/file/2oliyzznmqo/update.imgDownload GoogleContactsProvider.apk here:http://www.mediafire.com/file/zyj3yzztj ... ovider.apkVersion 0.2.1 with increased app space
This version is still in the works but I wanted to get it out. The difference between this and 0.2 is that this image contains a 290MB app space so you can install 5 x the apps. The down side is the install process. This is not for everyone! I do not have a new device to test this on. My drive was partitioned several different times several different ways before I got a working image for me so I can only HOPE this will work for you. Only do this if you know how to use the RockChip flasher until you hear that it works for other folks.
Other changes to this image:
- usb debugging is enabled by default
- new default background matching the boot screen thanks to pmarin
You WILL lose everything on your device that isnt in an SDHC card.
1. flash device with updated image as per normal procedure
2. when the device boots up, insert usb cable and mount the drive. If you are in windows, you should get a message saying that the drive needs to be formatted before it can be used. Go ahead and format it with default settings (fat32).
3. wait 45 minutes
4. flash device again with same 0.2.1 image.
5. report back here any issues.
*nix Instructions (thanks quindo):
same as windows except for format procedure below
- Use 'dmesg' to find out which devices are added to your system (in my case sdb and sdc)
- Format the second device (sdc in my case) with the command: mkfs.vfat -F 32 -I /dev/sdcDownload version 0.2.1 img here:http://www.mediafire.com/?y5zy2hwotilhjmqHUGE
thanks to pmarin for the custom splash screen and background image. I love it and I am sure you will to.