Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:41 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Jags wrote:
It is a very simple function any mp4 china player does this without any hassels.

The A7 HT *is* a cheap Chinese tablet in an Archos case. So obviously not all cheap Chinese players will do this because the A7 HT won't.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:30 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Hallo all you experts... please advice me on:

1) How to mount the SDHC as read-write (instead of as read-only).
2) How to use the USB cable (supplied) to copy media onto the SDHC.

It's frustrating, having plonked the money on a 8GB SanDisk Class 2 card, and lacking a card reader to connect the card to a PC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:51 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hi Sloth,

I don't understand what's going on for you. When I attach my 7HT to my WinVista Box it sees both the Internal Memory (should be called Storage) and the microSDHC card as two drives and I can read and write to both. I also have a class 2 SanDisk 8G card.

Also using ES File Explore I can copy files from my PC to either Internal Storage or the microSD card.

Huh?!?

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:15 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

AllenPapapetrou wrote:
I don't understand what's going on for you. When I attach my 7HT to my WinVista Box it sees both the Internal Memory (should be called Storage) and the microSDHC card as two drives and I can read and write to both.

Aaaaah... finally got it working... The answer was in "...as two drives..." I have this one-track mind that the SD card would be located inside the A7HT filesystem itself. Copying some videos... have to wait more than 30 mins to copy some 6GB, which sucks.

AllenPapapetrou wrote:
Also using ES File Explore I can copy files from my PC to either Internal Storage or the microSD card.

Still need to figure out this one out, as well as the the "rw" thing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:56 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm facing the same, or a similar problem. My old 1GB Micro SD card worked fine in the Archos 7 HT. Not even a hint of a problem. Received my new 16GB SDHC card in the mail from Amazon today. Went to SETTINGS > SD CARD & DEVICE STORAGE > UNMOUNT SD CARD. Then physically removed the old 1GB card. Inserted the new 16GB card. Went to SETTINGS > SD CARD & DEVICE STORAGE > FORMAT SD CARD, received a notification that the SD card was formatted.
Plugged into my Win XP PC, attempted to double click the correct drive letter for the card (G:\), and received the message "Please insert a disk into drive G:\".

4 hours later.....
Finally got it. Left the SD card in the Archos for about 4-5 hours powered off (after rebooting multiple times with the card inserted). Just booted the Archos up with the SD card in and walaa!!!

There seems to be a definite issue here. I'll report back if I have any issues to let everyone know.

Thx to all the folks who post helpful messages and you guys who help the noobs. You guys rock! Couldn't live without my Archos and I think it kicks the IPad's tail!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:48 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha bumby999,

What is it about your iPad that the 7HT does better?

Thanks,

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had trouble seeing the SD card. When I pressed the Files icon, and then pressed the SD card, i got a popup box saying that the SD card was unmounted. I tried powering my Archos 7 up with the SD card installed. When that did not work, I tried popping it out and putting it back in again. Interestingly, he Archos 7 complained that I had dismounted the SD card inappropriately. So, some part of the Archos 7 thought that the SD card existed. Another part did not.

I then discovered that some things worked better when I unplugged the USB cord that was connecting my Archos 7 to my Mac Book.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I also had trouble getting Archos to recognize my Micro SD card. It worked fine on PC, but Archos refused to mount it.
The problem was because I formatted the card with Windows 7.

After formatting the card with the SD Formatter utility (mentioned in this thread), everything is OK.
Archos recognizes the card properly now.