Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Archos 7 and DVR Station
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:28 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

All,

I just bought an Archos 7 HT with the intention of using it with my DVR Station that I used to use with my Archos 5 IT. When I took it out of the box - lo and behold, there is no slot on the bottom for plugging it in!!! Is there any way of getting it to work with my DVR Station, or even plugging it into a TV?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:36 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hi AMoosa,

There are no docks for the 7HT. Although Amazon mentions TV out, it isn't there. I, and others on our forum, have connected an A/V cable to the headphone jack and a TV. All that comes out is sound. Not even a Video Dialog on the 7HT.

Sorry.

Allen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Bugger! Thanks for the reply Allen. Looks like this unit will have to go back on fleebay!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

And the good news is info has started leaking out about the Gen8 tablets. Should be able to get what you want soon since HDMI was on the leaked specs Charbax shared.

Allen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:18 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

This is where I get confused with the Archos7 Home Tablet, the Archos 7 Internet Media Tablet, and the Archos 705. I don't really understand the differences. I am looking for a product that will allow me to surf the web, open and edit office products, and will allow me to watch videos through my TV. Can any of these do these things? I'd really like the nine inch screen, but haven't heard many good things about the Archos 9 HT so am sticking with the 7 inch screen. Is there a forum out there already that delves into the differences between the 7 inch units?

Last edited by louie on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:25 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha Louie,

I haven't seen a comparison chart. All the 7 inch devices you mention are older Archos Generations except the 7HT. Wait for the Gen8 announcement and the 7 inch Gen8 tablet should do what you want. See the Gen8 Rumors forum for the eariiest announcement.

A lot of expect the Gen8 tablets to be available in 1 to 1-1/2 months. Amazon and others now accept pre-order for the Archos 32 Gen8 tablet. Again see the Gen8 Rumors forum for links.

Allen