My question to all is, would there be some explicit step by step procedure for the Archos 7HT. Can you list what steps need to be taken when someone receives a new tablet?
So far from what I gather from this forum is:
1) unbox the Archos 7HT
2) Charge until LED light goes from red to orange (overnight is best!?!)
3) keep power cable connected to Archos 7HT and power up for initial setup
4) calibrate screen and adjust settings to user preference
Does this sound right? I am getting my tablet this week, and the last thing I want is a brick in a box!!
Almost right jam78ilc.
The User Guide, English, a the top of page 3 says:
Before using your ARCHOS for the first time, completely charge the battery!
The next section is Charging the Battery
1. Connect the supplied power cable to the ARCHOS Power connector and to a wall outlet
2. The ARCHOS device will turn on and start charging. The Power indicator light is red while the battery is charging. I will turn yellow when the battery is fully charged.
So far, RED TO YELLOW not ORANGE . . . minor.Next is a Major confusing which also occurred with my Archos 5IT:
The next, and last, section on page 3 is: Installation Wizard
, which says:
The first time you start up your ARCHOS, the installation wizard will bring you through a few screens to help you set up the principal settings: Language, country, time, etc.
I consider running an Installation Wizard as "First Usage", which I didn't want to do until my 7HT is fully charged. But WE HAVE NO CHOICE. The 7HT turns on and goes into the Installation Wizard Automatically when it is connected to mains power.
The first step you get, in the Installation Wizard, is the Touchscreen Calibration screens. I LET IT DO THIS, because I wasn't sure how to get back to the Calibration screens.
When the second step appeared (immediately):
1. I STOPPED and put the 7HT down.
2. I set a 1 hour timer to remind me to come back and check for the YELLOW Fully Charged Indicator.
3. In a minute the screen blanked (went dark)
4. This is where I am now, waiting to see a Yellow light
Hopefully when the Yellow light shows up I will be able to tap the screen and I'll see the second screen again. Then, I'll continue with the installation wizard steps.
All the help I can give from personal experience for now.