Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Mujus wrote:
Hvdwolf, who is working on firmwares for Archos 7HT V2 ? do you have any contact with other people ? I'm willing to help if i can do that.

I have been in contact with naosb, lefeudedieu and himself. Both via PMs and through this forum. I also downloaded about every rom I could find and examined (copied) them: the yar roms, knightdominions roms, lefeudedieu's apad roms and A8HT roms, the Andorid 21beta3 rom, archos own roms, even other custom roms for other devices (phones). You name it, I have them now. ;)

All are rooted the exact same way and so is mine now. By now I even think mine is the most "expanded" one when it comes to rooting. Most do far less steps.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi !

Okay, it s a nice team (Lefeudedieu is French, like me ;) ).
Do you plan to release another firmware version soon, so i can help you to test it ?

Best regards,
Philippe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

after used your 3┬║ version of firm (thats app store not work), i want to restore whit original state... used update.img original that you provide and archos says the firm is invalid ....┬┐brick? any idea

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Your system is not bricked, but due to a small error in the boot image (which is also the reason that the appslib doesn't work), you need to use the direct flash method. This needs to be done on a windows machine.
- Switch of your A7.
- Set the power switch to the lock position. This will set the device in "update mode".
- Download the RK2818 tools.
- Connect your A7 (in the update mode) and install the driver from the package.
- Disconnect your A7 and immediately reconnect it.
- Start the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe program (while your device still is in update mode).
- Your device should be detected (green square for device 1). If it isn't detected, disconnect and reconnect.
- Load the "original" update.img (do not use the demo mode).
- Click the "Update" button and wait.
- After it's done, disconnect your A7 and switch it on.
- It should now be OK again.

I already made 2 new roms which update "normally" by simply copying the update.img onto the device.
Still no google apps though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

very big thanks for your work, finally i can restore my HT v2 whit the direct flash method and your factory defaults update image. Only few more question, Applibs is not installed, same for aldiko.... is that normal ????...I can┬┤t used the other method for flash (you know, copy the update to the memory) Archos say the file is incorret... i want to used the updateimage thats is rooted and have some interesting apps. Need to use the direct flash method again for installed every update...something is wrong in my system i think.
Can you post all version you made?, i can┬┤t found the correct rooted update.

Again, thanks for all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:13 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bilbaman wrote:
very big thanks for your work, finally i can restore my HT v2 whit the direct flash method and your factory defaults update image. Only few more question, Applibs is not installed, same for aldiko.... is that normal ????

Yes, that's normal.
Download the latest appslib from the Archos website.
Also download the latest A7HT Version 1 upgrade.zip from the Archos site. Unzip it. Do not use this A7HTV1 update.img to flash your A7HTV2.
In the zip you will also find an APK/Common folder structure. It contains a correct working aldiko.

bilbaman wrote:
...I can┬┤t used the other method for flash (you know, copy the update to the memory) Archos say the file is incorret... i want to used the updateimage thats is rooted and have some interesting apps. Need to use the direct flash method again for installed every update...something is wrong in my system i think.
Can you post all version you made?, i can┬┤t found the correct rooted update.

The last rooted update I released contained a small error in the boot.img. That was the reason the applslib didn't work and that you couldn't normally update your A7. I already created 2 new roms (still without google apps) that simply can be updated by copying the new rom onto the device.

I have almost finished my text about how to create a custom rom yourself. Once that's done I will place it on the wiki and change the first post in this thread to a download post for custom roms with changelog.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:12 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I updated the first post of this thread and moved the info into the wiki article Dump your Home Tablet rom and create a custom rom.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf. i used the 7ht v 2 file it says my kernal is 2.6.25, is that right??, does that mean its rooted? and have you found a way to download google apps??? thanks for you help

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

milma03 wrote:
hvdwolf. i used the 7ht v 2 file it says my kernal is 2.6.25, is that right??, does that mean its rooted? and have you found a way to download google apps??? thanks for you help

Yes, the kernel version is right. I'm using the kernel.img from the default A7HTV2 update.img. For some reason Archos built eclair on the "old" 2.6.25 kernel instead of the default eclair 2.6.29 kernel.
The kernel version doesn't say anything whether it is rooted or not. If you want a rooted rom please download the latest: 2011.04.
If you had read the first post in this thread that leads to another post, you would have known that I'm still not able to include the Google apps apart from Maps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I followed your instructions , I was able to load your Firmware Version :1.0.0 into RK2818 BatchUpgrade v1.23, however it does not recognize my 7HT v2, even though my tablet has been turned off, reset and locked . I have plugugged and unplugged the device, to get to be recognized by Batch upgrade tool. When I go to device manager on my P.C I have an unrecognized USB device with a yellow question mark . I am using XP on 32 BIT system

Please help,
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Apelles wrote:
I followed your instructions , I was able to load your Firmware Version :1.0.0 into RK2818 BatchUpgrade v1.23, however it does not recognize my 7HT v2, even though my tablet has been turned off, reset and locked . I have plugugged and unplugged the device, to get to be recognized by Batch upgrade tool. When I go to device manager on my P.C I have an unrecognized USB device with a yellow question mark . I am using XP on 32 BIT system

Apart from this connection problem: If you are running the standard Archos firmware, you can simply copy my firmware via USB on your device in the top-level folder of the A7HT. Upon disconnect it will detect a new firmware (be it with version 0.0.0) and you can decide to install it. That will take 5-10 minutes (I never measured it, but as I'm impatient I think it takes long).

To be able to use the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade tool you first need to install the driver. Connect the tablet in locked mode. If windows says it's unrecognized it is right. Use the windows popup to search and install a driver from the driver folder of your unzipped RK2818 tool. Check whether you have an AMD or intel pc and choose the correct driver. Now windows will recognize your tablet. Note that the update mode is a raw usb data mode, not a disk mode. Therefore, it needs a special driver.
After having installed the driver, uncouple the tablet, couple it and start the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade tool. Now it should recognize your device.

But as mentioned: you only need to use this method if you had installed my 2011.03 custom rom. For all other versions, incl. Archos default rom, it is enough to copy a new firmware via USB on your device.
Note also: When flashing your device with the RKBatchUpgrade tool, your internal data partition will be formatted. If you simply copy my rom onto your tablet, your data will be maintained (not your programs). Never the less: make a backup if it is important data.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hvdwolf ,
I was able to load the 2018 driver on to my 7Ht V2 (XP), unfortunately Now when I load the RK2818 BatchUpgrade v 1.23 my device is recognized but I can't load any thing into the Boothead,
including your version of firmware 3. What inspired all this was android.acore force closing in a perpetual loop. periodically i get a message about large picture viewer force closing , using this app downloaded from the Android Market was the begnning of all my problems,

Thanks again ,
Apelles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:07 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Apelles wrote:
Hvdwolf ,
I was able to load the 2018 driver on to my 7Ht V2 (XP), unfortunately Now when I load the RK2818 BatchUpgrade v 1.23 my device is recognized but I can't load any thing into the Boothead,
including your version of firmware 3. What inspired all this was android.acore force closing in a perpetual loop. periodically i get a message about large picture viewer force closing , using this app downloaded from the Android Market was the begnning of all my problems,

Thanks again ,
Apelles

You don't need to load to anything in the boot image field, only in the firmware field.
Only upload the update.img in the "Image" field. That's all.
Do not use my 2011.03 firmware. Use the 2011.05.1 or the 2011.04.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hvdwolf

THANK YOU ! Your 2011.05.1 worked, I was able to flash and reset my 7HT v2, I now have a functioning device.

Apelles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hello..
im new to this forum..
i per accedently updated with the 2011_03 rom and the BatchUpgrade isnt able to find my device
how do i fix this?
any way to do a firmware reset?

regards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Did you read and follow the Reset your A7HR version 2?

The article is how to unbrick it, but your device is not bricked. However, this 2011.03 rom can only be replaced using the described method.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yeap i tried..
but my laptop is not able to find the usb device when its turned off some reason..
thats why im stuck atm

edit) windows 7 ultimate btw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

stroobach wrote:
edit) windows 7 ultimate btw

Is that a 64bit version? I heard that the Win7 64bit version causes issues more often. Do you have a 32bit xp or vista around?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

complete edit

i managed to install the drivers but its still an unknown device.
its says that there are no newer or beter drivers available when i scan the driver folder..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Maybe a superfluous question, but you do have it in the lock position?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next