Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Does the Clipper stop playing when it gets to the end of a folder? I need an MP3 player that will help me with my insomnia. My idea is that I will download several 30-minute radio program podcasts and when I wake up in the middle of the night I will start a new program playing. When I fall asleep in the middle of the program, I need the player to stop when I gets to the end of that program, and NOT go on to the next one which might actually wake me up again! So if the Clipper stops when it gets to the end of a folder, it means that I can put just one podcast program in each folder to achieve what I want. If however it automatically goes on to the next folder and carries on playing until I manually stop it, then it won't help me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:52 pm 

I think it doesnt stop... you can probably download its pdf manual. If you read the archives here you may be able to trick it to stop. If it encounters an mp3 at root after finishing a folder it will freeze up and need a pin stick in the reset hole. Trial and error would be needed to see if this could work right with multiple folders.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:32 pm 

P.S. For temporary insomnia where you want to occupy a bored mind, what i now use is internet radio. There are many new talk stations with comedies or podcasts, and they recycle them so you dont worry about missing parts. Anyway, i dont want to hear anything toooo interesting and unmissable or it keeps me awake. Many player apps have sleep timers.

But if you want to try the nearly disposable clipper, i would load it with a root mp3 between each folder... i think it plays in order of your original loading. There is a pretty simple way to navigate between folders which i think skips those rooted timebombs. Then i would cut off the end of a toothpick and loosely stick in the reset hole with some tape covering, to make a blunt restart button. Might work, might not.