Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry if this is in the complete wrong section but i couldnt find a general mp3/mp4 q&a section. So anyway i have a archos key 2gb player and i cant find the shuffle button. Ive searched on line and all i can find is hold the play button for 2seconds and it should activate it this doesnt work it just turns the mp3 player off. Another guide i found says to hold the on/off switch for 2 seconds and this should activate it again no such luck. Ive tryed the archos support guides and ive failed to loacte any referance to a shuffle button. Anybody got any clues ??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:44 pm 

looks like no shuffle http://www.archos.com/support/download/ ... key_v2.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

whoops anyway i can organise the music so its not playing the music by each artist instead of randomly so all the rolling stones then eif you understandminiem etc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hey dontwannashuffle
I want to buy the 4GB version of this mp3 player too. Could you tell me does it support FLAC files playing ?
Anyway tell me your opinions & experiences (+/-) pls.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i dont have a clue what that file is but if it says so on the archos site then it should do

The plus points its light weight cheap easy to use and very simple interface. Also you litrally just plug it in and away it goes no need for any software and it has an fm transmitter built in so if your in the car you can have your own personal radio station
The Bad sides no shuffle button and i cant seem to able to rearrange the songs once there on the archos they become locked and they arrange them self so say if you have 5 songs by eminem then 5 by jimi hendrix you get litrally all the songs by eminem then jumi hendrix there seems to no way of altering this you cant even pysically manipulate on the computer if anyone knowes a solution to this please let me know

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have never used random/shuffle functions in any media player, but maybe it would be a useful feature for you. Have you tried to make a playlist or anything like that ?

In fact of Flac, please put this sample (http://ff123.net/samples/41_30sec.flac) on your Key and tell me what happens. Does it play ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok listen i found out how to turn on the shuffle mode, or random it is called in the archos key 4gb menu. when in music mode hold down the m/t button, thiss will open a new menu, make sure a song is playing otherwise you will get a menu you dont need.
select repeat, this will open another menu and there you will find random.
also in the first menu you will find an equalizer makes it more fun.

enjoy.