Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have just bought the Vision 14 (A14VG) and it is a great wee thing.

Can anyone tell me what buttons to press to lock player so I can jog/bike with it and not worry about inadvertently changing things. I have checked user guide over and over and they don't include any instructions for this.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:20 am 

The archos.com page on v14 says it is easy to lock using buttons on the side (no specifics). That looks like a cool device... but does it have the volume capped ridiculously low to EU standards like the clipper? I can't hear speech files with the clipper above typical street noise outside.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Viking, yeah noticed that and got it locking to a degree - using 'Off' button seemed to lock it. But I must hast pressed a certain combo of buttons as now when I just switch to 'Off' it turns off! So must need to do something else to get lock to kick in.

Volume wise...I listen @ 20 on volume bar which goes up to 40. Loud enough for me but I live in the suburbs so aint used to real loud environements. That said, I would be surprised if anyone thought it wasn't loud enough especially for audio books/lyric text files.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This apparatus is a piece of rubbish, totally regret buying it, simple ergonomics and common sense wasnÔÇÖt used on the buttons and functionality is overall poor, itÔÇÖs my worst buy ever and IÔÇÖve made a few in my time, I will never purchase Archos again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 pm 

I guess the soft sound of the clipper isn't due to EU cap - mine is just technically unable to put out even medium amounts of volume.

As for the human factors of these devices, I suspect the whole vision line are rebrands from other companies and not designed by Archos. The "value" end of the Archos spectrum tends to be an assortment rebrands. Their top of the line items are better designed, with a consistant feel and firmware updates.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!!! I found out by accident - you have to simultaneously press the two buttons on the bottom right. (It's the on/play/pause button, and the 'back' button) - the same to unlock - SPREAD THE WORD! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Benny you the man, you the man!!!!

Question to any Archos support person then : what does the On-Off button on the left do? My interpretation was that this was the Controls On/Off switch. And you know what, if you are charging the unit with usb and simulatneously hold the play/pause button and then move switch to Off, it locks the controls!!! Unfortuantely if you do same thing WITHOUT the usb plugged in, then the unit just switches off. Personally I think this is a bug...

Small beer people may think, just I use it for long runs several times a week including country paths/hills, and breaks up my rythm having to stop and mess with controls cause I have accidentally knocked them!

So thank you Benny for taking time to let us know. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry my response is in french...

je pense que c'est le bouton ON-OFF qui s'est cass├® (1 des 2 pattes) ├á l'int├®rieur de l'appareil comme sur celui de ma fille, j'ai r├®ussi ├á acc├®der ├á la machine en enlevant la vitre de protection de l'├®cran avec un tournevis de pr├®cision (plat et petit) puis en d├®vissant les 4 vis (1 ├á chaque coin), j'ai positionn├® lÔÇÖinterrupteur sur ON avec le m├¬me tournevis puis j'ai pr├®f├®r├® ne pas remettre la bouton, pour finir par refermer le tout, les 4 vis puis l'├®cran en plastique dont la colle d'origine tient suffisamment, si besoin j'ai pris quelques photos...