Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Archos Clipper?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:53 pm 
Saw this on the Archos website. Come on even Apple might be giving up on the whole shuffle thing. Lame step back. Seriously.

Post subject: Re: Archos Clipper?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Archos Clipper 2GB will cost less than $20 in stores. No reason they won't be selling millions of it. Apple is selling millions of Apple Shuffle at 3x or 4x more expensive for exactly the same capacity and features.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If they price it $20-30 i think it could do really well this fall.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It'll obviously be below $20 for (2GB) since the Archos 2 (8GB) is being sold for below $40 (the average is more like $50 at the moment because of high demand).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:13 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I'd buy the clipper for sure, I have a zen stone but the clipper's "clip" is a great way to clip it anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:01 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Most of the time I love Archos innovations, actually Im pretty excited with the 5 Android... But the clipper is nothing new, nothing innovative, nothing inspiring, and even with that price I think there are better options... (im not talking ipod)... I have a Sansa Clip 4GB that cost $40 and the new ones are even better because they have microSD slot fully integrated with on board memory....
Basically you get an mp3 Player, FM tuner, voice recorder, A Screen, mass storage mode (aka pen drive), small form factor, Excellent audio quality, ID3 Tag (artist, album, songs, genre), Playlist....

At The Same Price of the Clipper

see here http://www.amazon.com/Clip-Plus-8GB-Pla ... 949&sr=8-1

Thats 8GB with microSD slot for $62

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:34 pm 

I could be interested in clipper if my old shuffle dies. The sansa clip can be bulky in terms of thickness, and could get banged into something depending how you are dressed and what you are doing. Don't like the new apple shuffle which forces you into audio menus and is overpriced, so I had bought a shuffle clone when they stopped selling the apple one... but it already died.

Now I wear a shuffle or clip. Usually the old shuffle because it would be less a problem if damaged or lost, and less bulky. In the future I will likely swap to a clipper for everyday needs, then get a refurbished 16gig video nano for the high end (unless archos or somebody else puts a video camera on an ipod). This because my video camera died and I don't have a phone camera. Also it has radio and a few other things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BUC wrote:
I have a Sansa Clip 4GB that cost $40

Archos Clipper is $20.

BUC wrote:
see here http://www.amazon.com/Clip-Plus-8GB-Pla ... 949&sr=8-1

Thats 8GB with microSD slot for $62

Yeah and Archos 2 (8GB) is $49 http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?s ... d=46081606

A few weeks ago the Archos 2 (8GB) was even as low as $32 on Amazon.com but they had to higher the price again because it got far too popular and they prefer making more money on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:39 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
Archos Clipper is $20.

Thats for the 2GB version...

And I agree that the Archos 2 is more likely to be the comparison..... even though I think the Archos has better features, the purpose of the players mention in this thread is to be Clipped... so physically the Archos 2 is kinda big....

Note that the Battery of the Clip is 14 hours of audio... where the clipper only offers 11 and the archos 2 offers 10 hours... (for me is not such a big difference but the longer, the better)

viking wrote:
The sansa clip can be bulky in terms of thickness

All of this is a matter of taste... and comparing it to a iPod Shuffle or Archos Clipper it could be a tad bigger but definitely not bulky...
I was coming from using the Archos AV500 as my main mp3 player... obviously the Sansa Clip was incredibly small. and I can tell you that it is small enough to exercise... I run, I climb, I play tennis with it... I have even play basketball that its more of a contact sport with the Sansa Clip... so in terms of "small enough" yeah it is.

Lastly I have to say I dont consider myself an audiophile but I tend to like rich sound in my music... and the AV500 offered this to me... but I dare to say that the Sansa Clip is one of the best sounding mp3 players in the market... and with a good set of headphones they rock.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:17 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I like the idea of a shuffle player with buttons you can easily press without having to look at the player. Sometimes I need a player that I can just put in my pocket and be able to navigate it while still in the pocket. The zen stone is perfect for that, and the clipper looks just as good, except for the button layout but I'll get used to that. The one improvement the Clipper has is the clip, so I can clip it anywhere instead of just putting it in my pocket.
As far as sound quality goes, people here are always saying how bad the audio is on archos devices, well, I honestly can't notice much of a difference ,if any, with any of my creative players and archos players. Honestly the quality can only be so good on MP3 players, it's just not gonna compare with high end home audio equipment, so that argument always makes me chuckle. Good quality earbud/headphones are always gonna make the difference on any system.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:45 pm 

BUC wrote:
viking wrote:
The sansa clip can be bulky in terms of thickness

All of this is a matter of taste... and comparing it to a iPod Shuffle or Archos Clipper it could be a tad bigger but definitely not bulky...
I was coming from using the Archos AV500 as my main mp3 player... obviously the Sansa Clip was incredibly small. and I can tell you that it is small enough to exercise... I run, I climb, I play tennis with it... I have even play basketball that its more of a contact sport with the Sansa Clip... so in terms of "small enough" yeah it is.

The ipod shuffle (and hopefully the archos clipper) may be just slightly thinner than sansa clip, but it can make a huge difference. It doesn't stick out and get snagged or stripped off, especially since you can put it anywhere like inside your tshirt neckline or sleeve. Comparitively the sansa clip makes a lump or catches on things.

WHEN IS THERE GOING TO BE A CLIPPER CATEGORY IN THIS FORUM... here isn't the logical place to find it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Wow. I might get this. I hate how expensive MP3's always get stolen. So, I've been looking around fro a little shuffle-like Clip MP3 player. Not the iPod shuffle since I don't wanna spend like $50 on it. Wow. Interesting.