Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi folks.

Can anyone tell me whether the Archos Clipper has a resume feature please? Would like a mp3 player that is suitable for audiobooks. My old Archos 204 was great for this purpose with a bookmark function but multiple bookmarking seems to have "gone out of fashion" amongst many mp3 player manufacturers so seemingly will have to put up with a resume function only. Clipper seems a simple to use device which would be ok.

The 204's screen is now virtually unreadable as it has dimmed considerably over last few months.

Many thanks for any responses.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:42 pm 

Clipper has a very soft volume limit which makes it hard to hear audiobooks in the noisey outside. You can imagine how hard it would be to navigate multple resume points with no screen, even if that feature exists. It takes a lot of care in turning off without invoking randomizing all files, which uses the same button. It can freeze up if you put any files on thats not under a directory of your own making... i had to tape a half toothpick on it to hit the reset hole when needed. That said, i wish mine didn't die after a few years now that i know how to use it.

I kind of doubt the compact archos vision family has multiple resume, but dunno. The android archos gen 8 comes small and can run a fabulous mortplayer audiobook app which does multi resume and a bunch else in style. I suppose it would work in gen 7. I like to run it with external speaker like a70. You can flag your book folder with a nomedia file so the music player doesnt scan books. Also there is a mortplayer music app with advantages like only playing certain folders, and timeouts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Many thanks for the reply viking.

Am also looking for a player for my partner who is partially sighted and cannot see a screen - even a larger screen is a major problem. She also likes audio books and podcasts and would very rarely listen to music.

If anyone else has a view on the matter(s) then I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Thank you,