Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello. Sorry for my English, I'm Ukranian. So, I've got an Archos 3Cam Vision, and I've problems.
Firstly, how I can copy video to the device? If I copy video or photo into the directories Video and Pictures on device, it doesn't see it. If I copy files into the root, device can see it, but I think it's wrong way.
Secondly, if I make a photo or video via device's Camera, files I made don't appear nowhere, I just can see it from Windows explorer when device is connected to PC.
And in the end, where I can download last firmware for the my 3Cam? I have firware dated 2005 year, I hope there is newer somewhere, but I can't find it...
Help me please...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:50 am 

The archos website firmware page doesn't appear to show anything for any vision. I think the vision line won't be updated because it isn't really an archos product but a cheap rebranding from some other company(?)

Are your photos and movies supported types, ending with JPEG, BMP, GIF or MPEG, FLV, AVI, RMVB ? If not, maybe they won't appear in those directories due to not being supported. Maybe you have the endings right on your PC, but they have some cyrillic encoding that doesn't get converted right into the 3cam?

The photos and movies you take yourself should be found in subdirectories under the normal picture and movie directories

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi. Thank you for you reply.
Yes, sure, I copy files in formats which is understanded by player. So, I solved problem with video due changing a "Video" folder's atributes from "hidden" or "system", I don't remember. But I still have had the issue with the photos - is I change "Photos" dir's atributes too, there are bug with shoving files in menu "Photo" - empty screen until I touch the screen, then .jpg (for example) files appear...