Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am wondering what the real battery life is. The site is qouted as 4 hours of video playback but today I got through 1:45 of my 2:12 length movie and the juice was gone.

This thing I just bought on monday afternoon and had it charging overnight before work. If this thing can not give me 3 hours of juice for movies I am returning it. I thoroughly love the little thing in the little time I was playing with it but I need more video time.

Might have to switch back to the 43 vision although I didnt like the weight of it in my pocket or the sluggish touchscreen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Turn down the brightness and volume and you'll get a fair amount more life out of it. I'd say 2-2.5hrs. I have really good headphones that block out extraneous noise which is handy for lower volume. The little 'bud' headphones that come with it seem to require more volume.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:11 am 

What kind of headphones work well?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Anything that covers the ear is good, and often more comfortable. Some headphones have noise cancellation, but those are often quite expensive. I have a trusty pair Denon D350s that I bought nearly a decade ago. I've since bought a second pair. They're a bit bulky, but living in Canada, it's nice to have a cozy pair of earmuffs! AKG and Sony also make some pretty solid headphones. I have a chip on my shoulder about Seinnheiser, but they too are capable of making good quality stuff.

If you're spending more than $100, then make sure comfort is up there with sound quality. Some headphones (ie Monster) will charge because of the brand name and not necessarily offer you comparable quality. If you can't tell the difference in sound, then make your choice based on comfort.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:16 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I have the lowest brightness settings and after 5 seconds my screen goes black.
I use Bose Around Ear headphones, they aren't designed for noise cancelling but they do the job pretty good.
I can get about 3 hours out of my Archos 3 vision using video.