Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:23 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: A3cam usage tips
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:58 am 

Some essential features aren't noted in the manual, and I keep forgetting them so why not start a list...

1) To delete a file, don't tap it but hold finger down on it to bring up a delete menu (you may accidentally bring this up while using the scroll wheel with a slow horizontal motion, so beware about hitting the confirm delete button if it unexpectedly pops up).

2) To advance forward or back within a file, hold down instead of tap the arrows that look like "next" or "prev" buttons.

Post subject: Re: A3cam usage tips
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:33 am 

3) Beware of unplugging USB without ejecting completely. I got most freshly loaded data corrupted by ejecting then unplugging on an old mac. Then I found the eject takes at least a minute to actually complete on that laptop - visable by checking another finder screen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

viking wrote:
3) Beware of unplugging USB without ejecting completely. I got most freshly loaded data corrupted by ejecting then unplugging on an old mac. Then I found the eject takes at least a minute to actually complete on that laptop - visable by checking another finder screen.

Thanks for the tips, this one especially. The write delay is really annoying on both the 2 and 3 Visions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:01 am 

4) It appears (at least on my mac) that my a3cam doesn't charge after being ejected, but actually drains down. So if you unplug it long after an ejection, and it immediately cycles off rather than staying on... you may want to check the battery level. Furthermore you may not want to eject it very early to overcome it's slow ejection mode.

I hesitate to include this because it may not be a problem for many others, and I'm not going to waste time diagnosing it further. The early ejection is supposed to be a way to operate on pc power rather than battery. On my mac it doesn't allow touch screen operation then. It keeps the screen lit up in connect mode, but then appears to drain the battery (mine went from 2/3 charge to zero in ejection mode).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Great! Thanks for sharing this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 am 

This is kind of a dumb or obvious tip, but I am finding the A3 great for playing videos where you mainly care about the audio portion rather than video content. Like stand up comedy or roasts, which are great to listen to at bedtime with your eyes closed. You can look at times, but otherwise don't care about the small screen or possible lag, etc.