Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Vision 3 Broken screen.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:41 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am aware that I probably wasted money on my Archos 3 Vision.
I've always had problems using the touch screen, it has always been un-responsive so I thought it was natural and I ignored it. Eventually the screen got worse, I had to press the screen really hard just to do a simple task like change the song or turn up the volume. And today, I pressed the screen as I normally would and the screen broke. I have sent a report to the company itself. My hopes of getting anything in return is 0/1. So, does anyone know if I could get a Archos 3 Vision model repaired somewhere?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same problem.
I have written the company before one week and until now nor response received.
Is anybody able to help me?
sincerely yours
Runald

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The Archos 3 Vision's touchscreen should be calibrated using the settings feature as soon as you turn it on. This will customise it to your preference (within its limits).

If your screen broke when you "pressed it as you normally would", you pressed it too hard. Sounds like a clear-cut case of user misuse/improper handling.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi everybody.

I bought an Archos5 Internet Tablet when the product was released and the experience, at the begining was awful. Currently, after releasing N new firmware versions, the product works in a better way but with a few bugs pending for solving.

One month ago was the birthday of my niece and he asked me for buying an MP4 player. I thought of buying him this new Archos device in order to know if hardware Archos with firmware Archos (not Android) works in a better way than Archos5 but my surprise is this MP4 doesn't work neither.

The device starts without problem, the screen is calibrated without problem.... You have to double click in order to access the different menu choices, but after a few moments the screen doesn't response. The same happens with the "Return arrow".

After tranferring data to the device: video, music, pictures.... this files aren't in their "folders". You press on Video and appear the pictures not the videos. You press on pictures and you can see the pictures......

The worst is after transferring more data or deleting files the device restarts by itself having to calibrate the screen again.....and the last time the screen didn't response when I try to press on the right-down corner. So the device is actually useless.

I'll send it back to the retailer in order to be fixed but I know the device is a no-solution device. No new firmware is released and I think is a design problem.

Archos dissapoint me again and is supossed to be one of the best brands........ where is their quality control department? Ahhh, I remember now, their quality control department are us..........

Congratulations!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Gwagain wrote:
Hi everybody.

I bought an Archos5 Internet Tablet when the product was released and the experience, at the begining was awful. Currently, after releasing N new firmware versions, the product works in a better way but with a few bugs pending for solving.

Congratulations!!1!! You've made 11 posts and still can't tell when you're in the wrong section! Someone, please move this to the Archos 5 section.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:20 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

If the screen gets un-responsive, you press it too hard, so it gets more un-responsive and you need to press it even harder.
Just don't press it, but touch it.
I don't think there is a way to repair this issue by your own, can you send it back to archos ?