Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: HELP! "music tags"
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok, so im on an imac with itunes and my archos 3 vision.
Its all great except my music tages( album, artist, song name) arent coming up on the player screen. :cry:
i made a playlist in itunes added all my songs, then made the tags ( my archos was plugged in ) but only some of the tags are showing up. why ?
what did i do wrong? and is there another program that would make the tags show up if i made the tags in that?
HELP!

Post subject: Re: HELP! "music tags"
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am also having issues with tags not appearing - any suggestions?

MP3 files, automatically tagged by iTunes, running on Windows XP.
I can see the tags in file properties and everything looks as I would expect.

But when I copy the files to the Archos Vision 3, although I can still see the tags in Windows, the Archos builds the library with all the tracks as <Other> and will not display any Artist/Album information when playing.

Thanks for any assistance,
Tusela.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Never mind - fixed it myself, or at least in part.

After researching ID3 tags a bit more, it seems the Archos Vision 3 only supports ID3 v1 not ID3 v2.
Why? No idea... why isn't this documented so I wouldn't waste so much time finding out? No idea.

Still got some tracks appearing in <Other> despite having the correct ID3 v1 tags, so need to play further with those, but 95% of it is correctly listed now. The ones which are still wrong, look at first glance to be where album of track name was longer than the 30 characters allowed and are truncated.

Tusela.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a few questions about a similar situation. When I rip .flac audio from a store bought CD, my Archos vision Cam3 identifies the artist, album, and track names correctly, however, when I store .flac audio originally from an online download the Archos files each track under "unknown artist" and "unknown album". I have read this Archos does not use ID3 at all in which case how does it organize the information from store bought CDs? I have also read this Archos only uses ID3 v1 in which case i am probably using Mp3tag editor incorrectly when attempting to add ID3 info to downloaded tracks. Could someone set me straight on which is the case and what a possible solution to its problems could be?