Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

That's right, all you may have experienced frustrating problems with both Bluethoot and Wi-Fi adapters, and that's why, both modules are placed on the same chip, and if, you have the wrong drivers for almost one of both, one of both will fail.

On Windows 7 that doesn't happen frequently because it already includes the correct drivers for wi-fi/bluethoot

But on XP you may found the drivers for the Bluethoot, but when you try to install the wi-fi after that, it may work, or not, but bluethoot will fail for ever

Well, after all the almost-quick explaination, let's ahead on the details of the damned devices:

If you search drivers in Everest, Aida, of whichever program/method have you used to find, you
will see that it only says something like Broadcom Adapter, and other unuseful results, there are LOTS of drivers that goes for just "Broadcom Adapter"
So f**k!, you may go to old-school mode and open your pc and see the model on the module, but wait, we are on a tablet,
Ok, Actually I, and the guy who helpd me with this stuff have opened our devices (he actually has a laptop with the same module, I have the Archos9), and you see this:

YES!!! DETAILED INFO ABOUT ONE SPECIFIC DEVICE
IT SAYS BCM94313HMGB, not just another "Broadcom Adapter" phrase

When you download the correct drivers I show you above, you will get fully working your wi-fi, even better, your bluethoot will work as heaven.

Drivers for Wi-Fi (Just 9MB that will relief all your life...):
http://consumerdl.lenovo.com.cn/UserFil ... N17WW1.exe
After installing it should reconogize your device as "Broadcom Network Adapter 802.11g

Drivers for Bluethoot:
Same as the Guide for Windows XP Drivers:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php
After the download and install it should be shown as "Broadcom BCM2070 Bluethoot 3.0 +HS USB Device"

Installing both everything will work fine and nothing will fail
Almost for me I am enjoying the life of a happy XP User :)

I hope it were useful for you, and sorry for my poor English
It may not work correctly on Windows 7 due to drivers compatibility

Source from help (Spanish only): http://www.taringadescargas.com/downloads/93504383/Broadcom-BCM94313HMGB-_-BCM92070-Xp-Driver.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This is some very good info. I'm having a nightmare with my wireless turning off for no real reason. I'll try more specific drivers and report back on my success/failure.

ok this didn't help my problem. Windows determined that my drivers were the best already. So, go windows I guess. And I solved my problem by taking out the battery and my Archos 9 forgot that the network adapter could be started.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Tamerlan wrote:
This is some very good info. I'm having a nightmare with my wireless turning off for no real reason. I'll try more specific drivers and report back on my success/failure.

ok this didn't help my problem. Windows determined that my drivers were the best already. So, go windows I guess. And I solved my problem by taking out the battery and my Archos 9 forgot that the network adapter could be started.

Maybe you should have forced to use these drivers because Windows can't exactly know which drivers are the best, it only think it is because the internal identifier matches but that doesn't mean that is the "best" drivers as windows says, try using the manual selection.

And about that its true, sometimes the webcam or the wi-fi get stucks so you have to remove the battery to reset it because it still stuck down even turned off and with battery.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for solution dude, It works. :D
By the way, have the drivers installed on a clean windows xp.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just registered to say THANK YOU AnKi !!! =D> lov'ya man !!!