Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello guys,

After seeing a huge number of posts all over the internet for people trying to run OpenGL apps with GMA500, I decided to launch my own custom drivers for GMA 500 (Tested on Archos 9) The best part is they support OPENGL + WDDM (AERO) + BACKLIGHT CONTROL. All at the same time :) Everything in a single driver.

I've included a video + download on my blog, here : http://www.azoora.com/blog/ViewArticle.aspx?AID=15

Technical Highlights:

Version: 8.16.070.4600
Name: GMA500 Moody Edition (EMGD)
Supported GPU: GMA500
WDDM Support: Yes, WDDM 1.1
DirectX Support: Yes, DX10.1
OpenGL Support: Yes, OpenGL2.0
Shared Video Mem: 251MB
Windows 7 Aero Support: Yes, Perfect
DXVA/DXVA2 Hardware Acceleration: Yes, Perfect
Driver Base: 2048 GMA500 EMGD
Supported Resolutions: 800x600, 1024x600
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 (Tested)

============================================================================================

Comments are welcome.

With Best Regards,
Hash Moody

Ps: I am very sure that this would be a very important post, moderators kindly mark this as a Sticky if possible, it would definately benefit other members on this forum.

============================================================================================

Screenshot:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

installed on my A9 (W7).

No Dx10 available. Still Dx9.
No perf increase detected.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello Hash. Thank you for making this awesome driver setup. Angry birds worked beautifully and so did Aero.

However I noticed after that Adobe Flash Player kept crashing in youtube when I tried to play a video the second time around.

In Chrome I get the error :
The instruction at 0x1012725f referenced memory at 0x00000000.The memory could not b read . Click on OK to terminate the program . Then I get the upset face in the flash player.

In Firefox :
Adobe Flash Player just crashes and I get the upset face.

I updated my flash player to its latest update. I still got the same problem only this time not the reference error and just an app crash sad face.

After rolling back the drivers I installed The adobe flash player did not crash.
Does youtube run fine after two plays on your Archos ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

obliviondoug wrote:
Hello Hash. Thank you for making this awesome driver setup. Angry birds worked beautifully and so did Aero.

However I noticed after that Adobe Flash Player kept crashing in youtube when I tried to play a video the second time around.

In Chrome I get the error :
The instruction at 0x1012725f referenced memory at 0x00000000.The memory could not b read . Click on OK to terminate the program . Then I get the upset face in the flash player.

In Firefox :
Adobe Flash Player just crashes and I get the upset face.

I updated my flash player to its latest update. I still got the same problem only this time not the reference error and just an app crash sad face.

After rolling back the drivers I installed The adobe flash player did not crash.
Does youtube run fine after two plays on your Archos ?

Hello Douglas,

First of all Wish you a very Happy & Successful New Year 2012.

And Sorry for the late reply, as I was busy in the New Year Party. Well, on my device I am not having this flash crash problem. Maybe due to I had installed a fresh copy of Win 7 on it ? Maybe ? IÔÇÖve tried using Opera & IE 8 & 9.

Are you still facing it ? Have you tried anything else ? If not, please let me know, so maybe I can do to solve this....

Looking forward for your reply.

Cheers,
Hash

Ps: Thanks for your kind comments.