Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello there, i recently bought 3 x Archos 9 at a local auction with no operating systems on them. I now have Windows 7 Starter working on both, but every time i boot them up the eGalaxTouch 4 point calibration tool pops up which is quite annoying. Where is the tick box to turn this off in the settings as i simply can't find it! :(

It also isn't mentioned in the documentation.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I had this problem, too. It was long ago but I think I had to reinstall the touch driver to get to the box to stop calibrations on every startup. Sorry I can't be more specific but it is there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello.

I have had the same problem after installing windows 8 and there is a easiest way. The reason behind that problem it is that you choose that behaviour in the installation. The way to remove it is to launch msconfig (easy to do in windows 7, only a little bit task harder in windows 8), go to the "start" (or start up, or inicio, or whatever it would be in any language, anyway, the last tab to the right xD) , look for an entry about "4 point calibration" , uncheck it and push the apply or ok button to exit the msconfig utility (you don't need to restart the computer immediately of course).